Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2019-2020 NBA Season Thread Basketball • Page 9

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jun 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

It's just hard for me to see 2 seasons as "the lamest thing to happen to the NBA in a long time" hahaha. Like the way people did/are talking about KD signing with the Warriors I'd think he'd still be there and they'd still be winning titles and Adam Silver would be preemptively handing them playoff berths. But it resulted in...2 titles, which doesn't feel like that much in the grand scheme of the reaction.

Also I don't think it's a lock they would've won this one if KD stayed healthy. The Raptors DID look sloppy in those last couple of games but they're still an excellent team that could've potentially played up to the challenge, it's so hard to call it a lock that GSW would've won (but it's still possible).

2. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

3. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

It would be entertaining to see a Laker team with Bron, AD, and Kawhi and then all the other shitters they'd have on vet minimums, like when those 3 sit, they'll go down by 20, then they return and somehow pull it out

Mrplum5089 and Josh Awesome like this.
  4. MidDave

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

Keep this same energy when people are calling me spoiled in the NFL thread lol

Mrplum5089 likes this.
  5. Fucking Dustin

I've seen your team win a Super Bowl about as much as I've seen my team have a season above .500 so I refuse

Mrplum5089 and Joe4th like this.
  6. MidDave

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

lol two titles is A LOT

7. Fucking Dustin

Well I have a related theory...but I'll be executed if I post it so I wanna see how it actually plays out first

Max_123, Joe4th and GrantCloud like this.
  8. StepsInADance

so much for them! Prestigious

i think the fact that we're finally at a point where we can have some parity within the top teams with kd out and maybe leaving would make it even lamer if kawhi went ahead and ruined that right off the bat.

that being said i really dont see kawhi going there.

9. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

Post it coward

Max_123 and Joe4th like this.
  10. Fucking Dustin

Joe4th and GrantCloud like this.
  11. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

12. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

incognitojones likes this.
  13. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

Also Stephen A reported that he heard the Hornets offered Kemba 5 years 160 million lol.....

14. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

It’s wild they won’t max out kemba, but offered a barely above average player at the time batum over 20 million a year

15. StepsInADance

so much for them! Prestigious

so who gives the hornets competition for worst record in the east (and most likely the nba) next season? even the lot last year of suns, knicks, cavs, and bulls have some things worth looking forward too.

16. Josh Awesome

@team_newton Prestigious

Offering that much to Kemba is so disrespectful, I can't. They literally just wanted him for the All Star game and didn't give a shit about getting anything in return. That is the definition of a poorly run franchise, Jesus.

17. Josh Awesome

@team_newton Prestigious

Chris Mannix posted this in his article last night...

"The Lakers have shopped the spare parts they have remaining, per league sources, but with a limited ability to sweeten a deal with draft picks, talks have gone nowhere. That leaves the Lakers well short of a max salary slot (goodbye, Kemba Walker, Kyrie Irving) and in a tough position to nab multiple high–level players, especially in a market where Terrence Ross could command $15 million or more per year."

I don't have the issue with Woj that some Lakers fans do, but Chris Mannix, c'mon man.

18. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Two titles IS a lot considering only eight franchises in the entire league have won 3 or more and 11 still haven't won one.

And I think the 'lame' part of KD on the Warriors was that he joined a 73-win team that his previous team blew a 3-1 lead to.

19. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

Lowe on Redick’s pod today said Minnesota is up to something, Redick said he heard that same thing regarding Minnesota

Aregala and GrantCloud like this.
  20. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

:eyes:

21. GreatBeardRecs

Vibes Are High Supporter

oh thank god

22. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

If it is somehow unloading Wiggins and/or diengs contract without taking any as awful contracts back that’s a win/win in itself

23. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

[​IMG]

GrantCloud and Fucking Dustin like this.
  24. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

Let’s go Rosas

GrantCloud likes this.
  25. Argus

Of sugar and ice I am made

Apparently Minnesota proposed a sign & trade with Brooklyn which would send Wiggins there, and bring Russell to the Wolves. Brooklyn wasn't having it.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.