Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2019-2020 NBA Season Thread Basketball • Page 752

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jun 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Don’t they have to have 100% to approve stuff?

2. dallasc

Trusted

Booooo nerds

4. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

ben is dumb. quit posting his tweets, god dammit

5. For sure but it’s still a good point

6. MyBestFiend

go birds Supporter

If you think the NBA's plans are complicated, wait till you get a look at the NHL's plans

Drew Beringer likes this.
  7. EntryLevelTank

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

The NHL has a waaaaaay harder problem to solve considering how many of their players/teams are international, yet they're the first to figure it out lol

8. phaynes12

it isn't. it's an extremely complicated scenario that is quite literally unparalleled in this league or any other's history. that is extremely obvious lol.

the first out the door isn't the best out the door, cmon, yall aren't dumb quit saying dumb things

Owlex likes this.
  9. uuu

dumb idiot ignore me

It kinda is simple though.

The Bucks, Raptors, Celtics are locked in in the East, and their seeding should remain.

The Lakers are locked in in the west, and their seeding should remain.

Make the rest play in a play-in tournament by conference.

I think the World Cup example is great, and I'd love it, but mostly if they are going to do this, I want to avoid an asterisk championship the best we can.

10. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

11. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

the asterisk does not exist. it will not exist. whoever wins the title will be the official champion of the season. there will be debate, sure, stephen A and max kellerman need something to piss about. The Heat won the 11/12 season after the lockout and the season lost 16 total games. there is no asterisk next to their title. an asterisk is fan/media-made, and quite literally one of the dumbest things you can argue in sports.

12. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

is a fan-less/neutral site title the way i want to see the Bucks win it all? hell no.

will i still be just as amped about it? hell yes.

phaynes12, Ben and uuu like this.
  13. uuu

dumb idiot ignore me

idk, Houston Astros deserve a cool little *.

14. I believe executing any sort of idea is complicated but I don’t think adding more games/teams/personnel to the mix makes sense

15. MyBestFiend

go birds Supporter

So how would you ensure that the Heat (magic number for clinching a playoff spot is 1) get an advantage over the Nets or Magic (magic number is 12)? I can't see a way that doesn't get complicated

16. uuu

dumb idiot ignore me

Playing the worst available team is the advantage.

17. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

That asterisk doesn't mean anything though, that's my point. They still get to hang the banner, print the tshirts, display world champion houston astros in their twitter bio or whatever, the asterisk only makes it easier for fans to jeer at them and argue with other fans, they still go down in history as that season's champion. they got the rings and the trophy. the right solution there was to vacate their entire title and all awards from that season from the record books, but the MLB were cowards, just like here, the only way to really make the season/champion not count, would have been to just cancel it (which IMO is still the right move). if the season continues, the champion is the champion.

unless its the celtics fuck that

aoftbsten likes this.
  18. uuu

dumb idiot ignore me

Agreed on all points except I don't hate the Celtics.

Sean Murphy likes this.
  19. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

The only championship that requires an asterisk is 2016, and the asterisk would read *the warriors blew a 3-1 lead.

20. uuu

dumb idiot ignore me

GOAT Championship imo.

Owlex and aoftbsten like this.
  21. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

slowheart likes this.
  22. phaynes12

if you think the format of the games being played is the major issue holding them back from just doing this tomorrow, idk what to tell you, man. not saying it isn't an issue, but it is pretty far from the main one.

23. phaynes12

playing the playoffs as is is the best option, yes. that isn't why we've been waiting 2 months for the season to resume lol.

24. Right I know this and I don’t think dumb Ben’s tweet was implying anything but the playoff seeding as the uncomplicated part

everything else is very complicated

25. phaynes12

this reads "why haven't the playoffs started yet, i want sports back!!!!!"

the answer is because it's complicated lol

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.