Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2019-2020 NBA Season Thread Basketball • Page 608

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jun 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

if it wins them a title, which it still very well could, im gonna go ahead and say no they aren't worried. i can exclusively report that.

PeacefulOrca likes this.
  2. don't think it will win them a title tho haha

3. Grapevine_Twine

It's a Chunky! Supporter

If Caris Levert stays healthy too, they could very well win a title

4. phaynes12

i could see it happening pretty easily tbh.

PeacefulOrca likes this.
  5. Kevin Durant in his prime couldn't win a title with Russell Westbrook Serge Ibaka and James Harden I don't think he is gonna beat the Bucks Celtics Lakers Clippers Heat Raptors with a team worse than any team he has ever played on coming off an achilles injury.

6. Owlex

free snewt Prestigious

no matter what happens with Kyrie or KD in the future, it damn sure gave them a better shot than a LeVert/Dinwiddie/Allen/D’lo vote did. Absolutely no offense to those guys but it’s hard to say that team had a ceiling that was a legit contender

Drew Beringer likes this.
  7. You’re right about that

8. phaynes12

last time i checked KD won a title while he was in his prime. two, in fact. also if you don't think kyrie is better than 2012 russ, i really don't know what to tell you lol. harden was also a sixth man at that point, albeit obviously an outsized one. the nets are a quite good team that could pull off a first round upset as is without either of those two guys. thinking they couldn't win a title adding back one of the better scoring point guards in the world and arguably the best player in the world is absurd, to me. granted, KD could be awful coming back. if he is, they probably won't win one lol. however, i "could see" him being great again and "could see" them winning a title. very easily, in fact, yes.

9. I wouldn’t say easily

10. I wouldn’t be surprised to see the Nets with a healthy KD and Kyrie absolutely steamroll the east next year.

that team is pretty competitive with Kyrie out this year and KD is a fucking monster (assuming he’s healthy!!!)

a healthy nets team could for sure win the title

phaynes12 likes this.
  11. Lol they won’t steam roll the East

12. Drew you give props to absolutely no team but the Bucks lmao come on man

I swear there’s other good teams in the league than the Bucks.

it’s crazy to say the nets have no shot at winning a title if they’re healthy

13. phaynes12

you gotta be more reasonable lol. i don't think they would steamroll the east, sure. but they would also dramatically decrease the ceiling for the bucks. which is why we need to win it all this year lol.

14. I believe I have given props to the Lakers Raptors Clippers and even Nuggets in this thread

I wonder if the Nets this season have a better record without Kyrie than with him

An Achilles injury is really hard to come back from

15. It 100% is. He could come back and look like complete shit. At this point, I think Kyrie's health is more concerning than Durant's. It seems like he's made of glass or just comes back way too fast and gets injured again.

There's a ton of variables with the Nets, sure. But on paper, that team with KD/Kyrie should be a top team in the east (1 or 2). If there's injuries or drama between those two then it's probably a wrap.

Also this lol. Tons of teams next year could improve. Bucks have a much bigger window than most other teams but next year (hopefully) there's a healthy Nets team, Warriors, Clippers, Lakers, etc. And it's more of a toss up

Joe4th, phaynes12 and Drew Beringer like this.
  16. The NBA absolutely sucks when players like Steph, KD and Kyrie are banged up and can't play. My team gonna suck ass for the next five years so I just want some competitive shit yfm

18. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Happy Birthday to a legend

phaynes12 likes this.
  19. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

What makes any player think kyrie could ever be in charge of the players union? Are they all flat earth conspiracy theorists?

phaynes12 likes this.
  20. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

I’m sure there will be peace lol

scottlechowicz likes this.
  21. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

22. SlappinCups

Hurley apologist Prestigious

slowheart likes this.
  23. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

phaynes12 and slowheart like this.
  25. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

Is anyone’s twitter just a complete mess with this new update?

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.