Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2019-2020 NBA Season Thread Basketball • Page 1396

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jun 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. it’ll be worse for Riley if he manages Harden with Herro being the main return

phaynes12 likes this.
  2. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

we’ll never hear the end of it

3. EntryLevelTank

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

Idk, Bucks fans have spent a lot of time telling me how much Harden sucks and how he's a loser who brings down teams so I'm just working off that info lol

It's crazy that like...they legit hate each other but sure, great I'm sure the chemistry on that team would be fine and dandy and everyone will get along great considering Harden's history of being fine and dandy and getting along great with people.

4. EntryLevelTank

Meanwhile Giannis is the greatest thing to ever happen to athletics but also needs Harden to win the East now lmao

incognitojones likes this.
  5. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

Harden's better than any other player on the Bucks but what they'd have to give up would make the roster a mess. They already have a championship caliber team, why fuck it up for a disgruntled star that doesn't even fit what they're doing now?

Its a short sighted move that has as much chance to backfire as it does to work, and doing nothing has a chance to work as is.

6. phaynes12

have never said he brings down teams. he does suck and he is a loser lol. i stand by that. everything he’s done this week only solidifies that.

him and giannis together instantly make the bucks better and instantly make us favorites to win the finals. whether that would happen or not is a different story, but it’s pretty far from making the team worse. giannis doesn’t *need* harden, but it makes it easier. literally zero people have said this. you’re very bad at reading, huh.

james harden is a dork who is very annoying and would also make any team in the league better

7. phaynes12

uuu level arguments

8. EntryLevelTank

You'll note by the way, I never said the Bucks would be worse. I said i'd feel less confident in their chances at winning the championship. I think the chemistry issues would be REAL. I think we saw recently that pairing two stars and having a fun super team can fuck things up pretty quick if the chemistry isn't right, looking at you Clippers. I don't think that's a crazy argument and don't you ever imply I support Mitt Romney again.

GrantCloud, Joe4th and phaynes12 like this.
  9. Owlex

free snewt Prestigious

In a post PG, AD, and even Jrue Holiday trade world, I think it would be a big failure not to end up with at least 3-4 future firsts. Unless the obvious Ben Simmons becomes available, or other young proven star who has a lot of contract left

10. phaynes12

we also saw it can take a team that misses the playoffs to a team that wins the finals

bud has his faults and they’re many, but chemistry stuff is one of the few things he is very, very good at

11. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

I’d still take Bron/AD in the finals over Giannis/Harden

GrantCloud, Josh Awesome and uuu like this.
  12. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

Of course Bucks are better if you just add James Harden, but if you give up your other two starters and a bench player is that team better? Bucks playing Torrey Craig and Bobby Portis at center in crunch time seems like a huge problem.

There's no realistic way to get the trade done anyway, Rockets don't want a guy only two years younger who was never going to be as good as a centerpiece. So all this is a waste of time like the thread is always.

13. EntryLevelTank

Yeah, maybe he's finally the one who can break through to harden and make him not an intolerable asshole. I'm skeptical. I think he's just an intolerable asshole and will bring that wherever he goes. The bucks should just stay away and stick with their already championship-caliber team in my opinion.

phaynes12 likes this.
  14. EntryLevelTank

And for the record, because I'm offended if there is one thing Celtics fans are known for it's wildly overvaluing our assets. I'd burn Danny's office to the ground if he traded literal saint Jaylen Brown and an actual master of Time for an intolerable asshole like Harden.

15. MyBestFiend

go birds Supporter

I don't totally buy that Fertitta isn't interested in Embiid but if that is true lmao

16. phaynes12

Harden-Jrue-Connaughton-Giannis-Brook (i know drew put him in his trade machine, i disagree that we would need to give him up) with portis, DJ and forbes off the bench

DJ-Jrue-Khris-Giannis-Brook or with donte or portis starting and the rest of our bench

yeah, man. that first team is 100% better. it isn’t remotely comparable lol.

i agree this is all nonsense. he’s just throwing out other teams to make it clear he isn’t going to play and houston needs to make a deal regardless of the contract. he’s gonna be a Net

Drew Beringer likes this.
  17. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

I don't think there's a reality that first team can possibly exist, they don't have the assets to get the trade done without including more guys.

If you can get Harden for Khris and picks you do it but I think there's no world where that's the best trade package Houston can get.

uuu likes this.
  18. phaynes12

Khris, DJ, Donte and picks is better than what the Nets are offering. It isn’t better than what philly and the Heat *can* offer, but those teams have also said, foolishly imo, they refuse to make those offers.

edit: i said DJ in the first post. i meant augustin off the bench in that one and wilson in the trade package in this one. having two DJs sucks, move one!

19. MyBestFiend

go birds Supporter

Saying they won't do those trades and actually turning down those trades are two different things. I don't think Simmons is off the table permanently, but that could change

uuu likes this.
  20. phaynes12

i agree. if philly or miami choose to do so, they can offer more than what the bucks can. they’re already saying they won’t though, and houston isn’t going to gain leverage, they’re only going to lose it.

MyBestFiend likes this.
  21. uuu

dumb idiot ignore me

Eastern Conference Championship just gets a bad rep, very cool championship.

22. EntryLevelTank

That's a weird thing to say

uuu likes this.
  23. uuu

dumb idiot ignore me

I can't see his posts because he cried to the mods that he looks like a toe.

24. uuu

dumb idiot ignore me

[​IMG]

morgantayler and Swoos like this.
  25. uuu

dumb idiot ignore me

Screen Shot 2020-12-10 at 12.05.27 PM.png

Who says no?

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.