2019-2020 NBA Season Thread Basketball • Page 137

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jun 26, 2019.

1. Dodger

“The greatest teacher, failure is”

Yeah idk. But getting rid of Waiters 13 mil, James Johnson’s 15 mil, Olynyk and Dragic’s 19 million might make it possible? Idk I’m not a scientist

2. Dodger

“The greatest teacher, failure is”

True but in this case they’d probably give up Herro.

3. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Looking at the heat, they could make the salaries work because they oversigned so many average players. But the thunder would absolutely have to give up picks to the heat, I don't see why Riley would want Adams when he likes bam so much plus his ridiculous deal.

4. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

A Chris Paul and Jimmy Butler pairing in Miami...Those two are definitely going to make a teammate cry this year.

5. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

0 chance they'd give up herro, especially for this trade when they wouldn't for westbrook

6. incognitojones

www.notlovely.com Supporter

This is insane, no possible way

jmitch0906, Contender and Joe4th like this.
  7. Josh Awesome

@team_newton Prestigious

If the trade happens with Dragic included, I just want him to get bought out so he can come to the Lakers :)

8. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

A trade that works is

Dragic
    Leonard
    Johnson
    Olynyk
    Waiters

For

Cp3
    Adams
    Patterson

The salaries match almost exactly

9. T.J.

music and baseball.

Did you factor in trade kickers? I see Adams has a 7.5% kicker.

10. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

I didn't actually go through technical stuff yet. I was just looking at salaries. Leonard can't be traded with other players so idk how that would work. They'd have to be separate trades anyway

T.J. likes this.
  11. incognitojones

OKC wants assets tho, Winslow and Herro are probably involved, or at least one.

12. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

Ben Taylor has done some absolutely insane work on a data / video scouting driven approach to assessing a players "goodness." He has a list of the 40 greatest careers of all time that you can find here.

He is a really smart basketball dude whose approach and knowledge I value.

Anyway, he has Chris Paul as 21 overall. One behind Steph. The individual player profiles are really awesome and go into a lot of depth.

Josh Awesome likes this.
  13. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

The heat won't want Adams so this is all probably irrelevant, just like arguing whether okc would make the playoffs with cp3 last night lol

incognitojones likes this.
  14. dallasc

Trusted

Chris Paul is unquestionably one of the best Point Guards to ever play basketball, cmon now.

Reframing dudes entire careers based on what they look like when they’re 35 is such a wack tendency of NBA twitter.
    Like damn, I know a lot of people that are into the league these days weren’t watching basketball in ‘08 but look at the numbers, look at the accolades, dude has had an incredibly storied career. Not everyone can win a ring

Dodger, PepsiOne, Blainer93 and 2 others like this.
  15. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

NOH Paul was one of my absolute favorite players to watch. His PnR's with Tyson Chandler were deadly. Chandler was such a good screener and Paul was such an amazing passer.

And then that mid range jumper was money every time.

16. Blainer93

Trusted

He was amazing. Even the first year in Houston he was at age 33/34 he was pretty good.

17. PepsiOne

Formerly PepsiOne Supporter

CP is absolutely one of the best PGs of all time lol this thread sucks ass sometimes

aoftbsten and Dodger like this.
  18. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

first round vs. the Spurs in 2015 he was awesome too

19. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

New Orleans hornets

20. Josh Awesome

@team_newton Prestigious

This is great and really the only argument you need. I don't like Chris Paul's whiny attitude, but he's truly one of the greats.

21. T.J.

music and baseball.

I am not sure how trustworthy analytics are in basketball externally, but Basketball Reference has Chris Paul in the Top 15 all-time in VORP.

How trustworthy is that? I know analytics are big internally within organizations in the NBA, but I don't know many good analysts/writers that weren't scooped up quick. It doesn't seem as accessible as baseball, albeit I may just not know where to look.

22. incognitojones

Chris Paul is a rich man’s Deron Williams, y’all insane

I’ll take Magic, Nash, Oscar, Jerry West, Steph, Isiah, Stockton, Kidd, Iverson over Paul easy. Thrown in Dame, Kyrie, even Westbrook too, he’s got an MVP and a finals appearance. Top 20 sure but top 5 PG is ridiculous.

Contender and Joe4th like this.
  23. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Prestigious

pretty sure paul's salary can't be aggregated in a trade to match incoming money for the next 2 months.

24. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

this photo is absurd

25. PepsiOne

Formerly PepsiOne Supporter

Accolades aside he’s better than Kidd, Nash and Iverson. Too early in Dame’s career to make a call but Kyrie and Westbrook don’t sniff Prime CP

Blainer93 and scottlechowicz like this.