Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2018 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs Hockey • Page 4

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by xbrokendownx, Apr 8, 2018.

1. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

There's no chance Pitt fans have been cocky after two straight cup wins ...................................

2. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Lightning over Devils in 6
    Bruins over Leafs in 5
    Caps over Jackets in 7
    Pens over Flyers in 6

Preds over Avs in 4
    Jets over Wild in 6
    Knights over Kings in 6
    Sharks over Ducks in 7

Lighting over Bruins in 6
    Pens over Caps in 6

Preds over Jets in 5
    Sharks over Knights in 5

Lightning over Pens in 7
    Preds over Sharks in 6

Lightning over Predators in 6.

I low-key think the Bruins make the cup but I'm not about to endorse that shit. Fuck Boston.

Osceola13 and PeacefulOrca like this.
  3. xkj1985x

Go Dawgs! Prestigious

or being a top tier team in the AFC in the NFL for the better part of two decades. Pittsburgh fans are actually some of the worst out there just in terms of sheer arrogance.

Thankfully they have a perennial loser in the Pirates to keep them somewhat grounded or else I’d be concerned the air in their head would carry them all away somewhere high in the sky. Never to been seen or heart from again.

cherrywaves likes this.
  4. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

It's so much worse to be an arrogant loser than an arrogant winner.

5. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Go Flyers tho. Fuck the Pens.

Osceola13 likes this.
  6. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

Bruins take the cup

Jim likes this.
  7. xkj1985x

Go Dawgs! Prestigious

I agree but for now, I am an arrogant winner and I don’t plan on that changing. Sorry in advance (jk, not really)

CarpetElf likes this.
  8. xkj1985x

Go Dawgs! Prestigious

But if I’m being really real here, Flyers are still a few years away and they’re going to get stomped.

CarpetElf likes this.
  9. It's really about where you are located. I live in the Philly market and am not a fan of any Philly teams, so of course the fans "annoy" me (they really don't, just like making fun). Same way Seahawks fans probably annoyed you when they became successful.

xkj1985x likes this.
  10. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Well, I meant the Flyers in one context and the Steelers in the other haha. Cause I'm not sure you're aware but the Philadelphia Eagles won the Super Bowl this year, making them the winners haha.

xkj1985x likes this.
  11. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

It's the perds year

12. xkj1985x

Go Dawgs! Prestigious

Wait...WHAT!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

CarpetElf likes this.
  13. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

I hope the Earth swallows up PPG arena during game 1 if I'm being honest

Osceola13 likes this.
  14. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

15. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

I am looking forward to some more Pitt media hot takes however. Last year was a gold mine.

16. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

17. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

I did post the better version

flask and Chris Yates like this.
  18. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

WCF: Preds over Ducks

ECF: Pens over Bruins

SC: Preds over Pens

[​IMG]

Chris Yates likes this.
  19. xkj1985x

Go Dawgs! Prestigious

I will say this....ask this rather. Why is Mark Madden still alive?

20. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

Also, anyone but Bruins and Pens please!

21. cherrywaves

Trusted

I know I posted Pens over Flyers but I could easily see an upset there. They've played a lot of hockey the past few years

22. xkj1985x

Go Dawgs! Prestigious

If the Flyers want to upset the Pens, they need to keep it 5v5. I think they can play with them there but if they constantly are taking stupid ass penalties like they are prone to do, they are going to get swept or dusted in 5.

....not to forget, stop me if you've heard this one before but....the goaltending situation in Philly still stinks.

23. xkj1985x

Go Dawgs! Prestigious

I completely get what you are saying. I guess where I differ here is this: I've been a Philly sports fan my entire life despite never living in Philly (closest was in Erie for a few years in 1996) and so I've never lived right in that area but I do know that Philly fans have never gone anywhere. They've always been present despite the lack of success amongst the four major teams in my lifetime (Since 1985).

Now, living in Seattle since 2004, I can attest to the fact that for much of this time---the Seahawks fanbase has STUNK. It wasn't until 2013 (right after Russell Wilson's first season) when they started putting "12th Man" flags up in every god damn building and flying it from the Space Needle and you saw everybody and their mother wear "12/Fan" jerseys. That is where my hate comes from with them.

I have a massive appreciation for ANY fan of ANY team that sticks with their team through the awful and the good but when you staunchly show how fradulent you are as a fanbase, that is where I jump off and my hate comes in. Mariners are the same way but they haven't been to the playoffs in going on 20 years now so I can understand that.

To plug in a bit of hockey related sense here since this is the NHL thread, I am very VERY curious to see how the NHL fanbase shapes up and how sustainable it is here. I think this is a good region for hockey as they've supported two junior teams for years now, but the chances of them coming out firing like Vegas did is not good. I just wonder how long the support will last while this team gets going when adversity inevitably strikes and a winner is unlikely to be produced immediately.

To this day, Sonic fans won't admit that they are part (surely not all) of the reason the team left. They weren't very good and fans stopped going. Clay Bennett bought the team and split.

24. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Mark madden was only good in WCW

25. ClarettsGreyGoose

I wish I had changed my user name... Prestigious

Yeah my fault, I tried working it backwards off my 1-16 ranks and didn't have a bracket in front of me

jorbjorb likes this.