Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2018 NFL Draft Thread • Page 130

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Night Channels, Feb 10, 2018.

1. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

I mean, they had over 100 catches combined last year....I don't really see why its insane to think they both can't catch ~50 balls for ~600 yards each?

2. Randall Mentzos

Listen to my EP: terrainofficial .bandcamp.com Prestigious

SI basically gave us a B- for drafting players we aren't going to use much right away, which is just not how the draft works at all lol

CarpetElf and PeacefulOrca like this.
  3. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

I loved this draft for the Lions. Very excited for the season

PeacefulOrca likes this.
  4. Randall Mentzos

I'm excited to see Kerryon "My Way" Johnson in the NFL. Always liked him in college, you can't just put him away. He's persistent and he's mean.

Also, apparently I'm the only person who actually got @CarpetElf's "My Way" pun, as I sang the hook of the popular classic rock song by Kansas back to Matt when KJ was selected. Shit like that is why we ended up as friends haha.

Joe4th, CarpetElf and Fucking Dustin like this.
  5. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

We just didn’t want to say anything about the pun as he made it

Joe4th, Randall Mentzos and CarpetElf like this.
  6. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Make sure K-Jo doesn't take any car rides with Blount

Joe4th likes this.
  7. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

That's crazy hahaha. The worst part of the draft was the 6th and 7th round. Which, if your worst pick is a late 6th rounder and late 7th rounder, you've done good haha.

Should've got Skai Moore, Simmie Cobbs, and Tegray Scales, man haha.

Randall Mentzos likes this.
  8. Randall Mentzos

Wanted to trade up for Shaqueem Griffin tbh haha, once it was clear Scales might fall out of the draft

Or JC Jackson. I just do not trust DJ Hayden at slot unless it's a running play.

CarpetElf likes this.
  9. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Quentin Meeks could very well take his job tbh. Meeks is dope. Jackson is also good. Scales, Jackson, and Moore. Strange choices to end the draft

10. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

Jarvion Franklin to the Steelers as an UDFA makes so much sense.

CarpetElf and PeacefulOrca like this.
  11. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Oliver might mean the end of Collins, it's the what.. third time he's been suspended for multiple games? I remember the steelers wanted to trade up for him haha

CarpetElf likes this.
  12. Night Channels

Trusted

Maybe production wise but the position group is still much weaker without Juice.

He had to be accounted for on every play. Amendola and Wilson aren’t scaring anybody.

Randall Mentzos and CarpetElf like this.
  13. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

I didn't realize they took Jerome Baker, gotta replace koa misi

CarpetElf likes this.
  14. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

Ok well they have Gesicki that needs to be accounted for now in the middle of the field. They had the corpse of Julius Thomas last year who as you said isn't scaring anybody

CarpetElf likes this.
  15. Night Channels

Trusted

I really like Gesicki but he needs time to develop into a full field threat. I think he’ll be a true threat in the red zone right away, but he needs to get tougher over the middle. I think he’ll get re-routed a lot early on but he has potential to be great.

Landry could control the hashes and the seam. It’s something they’ll have to really have the scheme for now. Gase certainly has the mind for it but Landry is still a huge loss.

16. DJ Moore aside, I think Rashaan Gaulden is my favorite pick by the Panthers this weekend. Donte Jackson is exciting because of his speed but he really does need to bulk up a little bit. He’s a skinny dude. Gaulden is ready to go size-wise. He can play anywhere in the secondary but Rivera says he’ll be playing safety which I like. Based on the little I’ve seen from him he is a very smart defender. Diagnoses plays quickly and is always in position to make a play. A hard hitter but doesn’t sellout for the big hit. A lot of forced fumbles in his career. And he has the attitude of a cocky DB. I like that.

CarpetElf likes this.
  17. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

I love the DJ Moore and Donte Jackson picks. Love that the Panthers are getting better athletes finally haha.

Fucking Dustin likes this.
  18. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Okay I'm fine with the Lee pick since it continues Nebraska's draft streak. But holy fuck do I still think I'm being personally attacked by Dave Caldwell for talking so much shit.

19. It’s very clear Hurney wanted to add speed. We’ve been one of the slowest teams in the league for a few years.

20. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

fair points

Randall Mentzos likes this.
  21. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

I read the Facebook posts on Danny Etling being drafted and now I want to die. Pats fans are the weirdest creatures. Pessimistic beyond all sense but also somehow so optimistic they can think Danny Etling is legitimately the heir to Tom Brady.

22. Don’t go to Carolina Huddle haha they ripped every pick after Moore and said this was the worst draft in Panthers history.

23. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Luke falk is gonna beat out prince mariota

CarpetElf likes this.
  24. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

People are the worst people.

25. Rage about 7th round picks. Rave about udfa. That’s the formula.