Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2019 MLB Season Thread [ARCHIVED] Baseball • Page 867

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Brenden, Feb 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Jim

Trusted Supporter

haha i was watching that thinking he seems like the absolute perfect personality for us

2. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Voit was too fun for you guys, that explains it haha jk

PeacefulOrca and Jason Tate like this.
  3. Yeah hindsight is 20/20 of course but we might have had a better 2018 if we had started Voit at 1B, Carp at 3B and had Gyorko be the utility guy he really is. But then Goldy wouldn't be a Cardinal and he's definitely a helluva lot better than Voit so I'll take it

Always gonna root for Voit though, STL kid that he is

slimfenix182 likes this.
  4. Jim

Trusted Supporter

Voit's a cool as hell dude too. He's bffs with my buddy's little brother. I got to hear to good stories from his bachelor party when I was home of Thanksgiving haha

5. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

I know kikuchi supposedly only wants to play on the west coast but maybe the Yankees would at least try to lure him?

6. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

7. CobraKidJon

dodgers should never trade puig

PepsiOne and Zoshchenko like this.
  8. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Dodgers can only trade Puig if Vermont gets a professional baseball team

9. Incidentally today is Puig's birthday

10. Zoshchenko

Trusted Supporter

I can’t imagine Puig not on the Dodgers

DaydreamNation and T.J. like this.
  11. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

I think the Mets wanted him a couple of years ago but they wouldn't take him without the dodgers taking some off his contract

12. CobraKidJon

Zoshchenko likes this.
  13. T.J.

music and baseball.

isnt puig underpaid?

14. PeacefulOrca Dec 7, 2018
    (Last edited: Dec 7, 2018)
    PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

He definitely is forsure now, the Mets are also extremely cheap despite having one of the biggest salaries in baseball right now but at that time they were still financially recovering from the madoff scheme and puig was being sent up and down and had a reputation people didn't seem to like. I think they just didn't wanna give up much and made excuses.

15. AAV on his current contract is $6M, he only made $9.2M in 2018 including bonus. Yeah, massively so.

T.J. and PeacefulOrca like this.
  16. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

17. Can't wait to see the Mets also land Realmuto and then somehow manage to still be the Mets and only win 70 games (with some more foot and mouth disease thrown in there for good measure of course)

slimfenix182 and PeacefulOrca like this.
  18. slimfenix182

Fun fact: if the Rays signed nobody else, Strasburg would make more than their entire team next year lol

19. T.J.

music and baseball.

I really want the Mets to succeed now due to all the hate in here towards them. lol

PeacefulOrca likes this.
  20. I'm not even sure the Mets would crack the top ten of my least-favorite MLB franchises anymore (they would have when I was a kid for sure) but they're just such a predictable trainwreck, especially since the WS appearance

21. slimfenix182

I've never found any need to hate the Mets and I think I'm supposed to? Haha. And Mets fans should hate how they've been run more than they should hate the Yankees lol

22. I imagine your feelings towards the Mets are pretty similar to my feelings towards the Royals: in theory I'm supposed to hate them but they're so pathetic most of the time that I couldn't help but root for them when they went to the WS back-to-back years. And like Royals fans hate the Cards way more than we hate them, I'm sure Mets fans hate the Yanks way way more.

23. CobraKidJon

I love the Mets for giving us Justin turner

24. Zoshchenko

Trusted Supporter

i kinda miss the lolmets days

but i'm down with them being decent again

PeacefulOrca likes this.
  25. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

I'm not sure lolmets days won't be back sooner than later, unfortunately

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.