Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2018 Grammy Nominees • Page 3

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Nov 28, 2017.

1. oncenowagain

“the whole world’s ending” “honey it already did” Prestigious

Remember that one time Arcade Fire won AOTY and everyone went “of course they won because I heard their number one hit single on the radio five times a day for months on end!”...?

2. LJ Rime

Regular

I remember mostly for all the uproar about it even though those year's nominees were complete shit in comparison. Lol.

oncenowagain likes this.
  3. jlinitz

John Linitz @jlinitz

DAMN. and Melodrama are huge albums for me, I'm excited for both of them. I'd imagine 4:44 and DAMN. split the votes and Lorde takes it but I also don't really know how voting works tbh hahah.

Imagine if Bruno Mars takes it though? I would be upset. Knowing the Grammy's that's probably what will happen lol

4. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I am fucking ecstatic that Donald got an AOTY nom, I didn't see that coming in a million years. I'm actually really happy with these nominations in general, probably the most I ever have been with the Grammys

5. Lucas27

Trusted

I would be ecstatic if Melodrama wins. But I'd also be very very happy if Kendrick wins. If it hadn't been competing against 1989 there's no way To Pimp a Butterfly would've missed out on AOTY. Still bitter.

Childish Gambino is a cool surprise there. Really didn't expect that album to sneak in.

I'm very very sad that After Laughter isn't on this list in some form or fashion. I'd hoped it would get more attention by now.

skogsraet likes this.
  6. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Actually, the embarrassing part about Arcade Fire winning ALBUM OF THE YEAR was that it didn't even win in its own Alternative Album of the Year category that same night. So....

7. Terry

Best of luck to August Burns Red and Iron & Wine!

Analog Drummer likes this.
  8. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

I never really got into the band but I thought it was going to be down to them and Nothing More in the Rock category. Both of those bands have really gotten bigger after their latest albums. Now NM is up against 2 all time greats that recently passed away and that Dave Grohl fellow haha.

9. Amber

ambsgotback

I’m here for Kendrick and SZA taking over. Those were, in my opinion, the BEST albums this year.