Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2018 Fantasy Baseball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by David87, Mar 1, 2018.

1. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

If this thread already exists, mods please delete.

Would you guys trade Schoop ($3) for Benintendi ($2) and Ian Happ ($6) in a standard 5x5 head to head league? We start 4 OFs, a MI, CI, and UTIL spot. I'm actually decently strong in OF keepers, but also have a bunch of up and coming MIers I could potentially keep. If I got Happ, I'd have the ability to keep him, Gleyber Torres, J.P. Crawford, and Amed Rosario...probably wouldn't keep all of them, just giving an idea of my potential keepers.

2. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Someone Halp

3. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

Yes

PeacefulOrca likes this.
  4. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Draft day set. Now...to study. Came in second last year. So close yet so far.

5. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

Doing my first year of fantasy baseball this year, very excited for it

Ken and PeacefulOrca like this.
  6. Fixed Glitch

AP Attitude Era Superstar Supporter

I have the 6th pick in my league (10 teams). I've already convinced myself that I'm taking Harper if he is available.

7. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Espn is the worst place to have a keeper league, where does anyone else recommend?

8. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Had my snake draft last night and I'm pretty stoked with the results. Went with Goldy with the 4th pick, though as a Yankees fan I was very tempted to take Giancarlo Stanton. His K rate and injury history concern me, but I still think he's gonna have a MONSTER year, especially in the little league park that is Yankee Stadium.

Goldy is as consistent as it gets, but the Chase Field humidor has me slightly scared that his power numbers may sink slightly. But that same humidor should help my staff ace Robbie Ray, so it's give and take.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Fixed Glitch

I have the 6th pick and Goldschmidt will likely be there. I love the steals and the consistency, but he is prone to some real dry spells during the season.

I’m struggling with draft strategy more than ever this year. Not sure if taking starters high is worth it or not.

10. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Welp, auction is over.

I'm relatively happy with my team, but need some guys to come through. My depth is...a little weird. Spent more on some guys than I planned, some I"m happy I did, others I"m a little ugh about.

C-Jorge Alfaro ($1)
    1B-Joey Gallo ($24)
    2B-Jonatahn Schoop (K) ($3)
    3B-Manny Machado ($59)
    SS-Xander Bogaerts ($21)
    MI-Jonathan Villar ($4)
    CI-Kyle Seager ($4)
    OF-Marcell Ozuna (K) ($3)
    OF-Mookie Betts ($67)
    OF-Gregory Polanco ($12)
    OF-Odubel Herrera (K) ($3)
    OF-Kevin Kiermaier (K) ($2)
    UTIL-Brett Gardner ($1)

P-Aaron Nola (K) ($6)
    P-Jose Quintana (K) ($8)
    P-Luis Castillo (K) ($6)
    P-Hector Neris (K) ($2)
    P-Carlos Martinez ($16)
    P-Lucas Giolito ($4)
    P-Alex Claudio ($1)
    P-Mike Foltynewicz ($1)
    P-Chris Devenski ($1)

Bench-Aaron Hicks (K) ($6)
    Bench-Amed Rosario (K) ($2)
    Bench-Hanley Ramirez ($1)
    Bench-Open
    N/A-Gleyber Torres

I have an open bench spot because I shifted Torres to the NA slot, a lot of intriguing names out there....Neil Walker, Orlando Arcia, Micahel A. Taylor, Crush Davis, Dexter Fowler, Todd Frazier, some decent pitchers....

Who should I pick up? And is Devenski even worth rostering this year in a standard league or should I just drop him to stream starters/pick up a darkhorse saves canddiate?

11. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

I feel like you can cobble together saves over the course of the year if you are diligent. I don't really draft or pay for saves (I did grab Kimbrel this year though) but Devenski obviously a lotto ticket if there's injury ahead. Is Cam Bedrosian available? Apparently he's in line for saves, looked great last year before injury bug.

David87 likes this.
  12. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah I almost never start the year with more than 2 closers, if not 1. I'm hoping Claudio can take the job and run with it in Texas, and get some decent saves numbers out of him and Neris. Unfortunately, Cam got drafted.

Somewhat related....would I be crazy to try and trade Gleyber Torres for Scott Kingery?

13. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

In 3 leagues for my first year, 1 auction H2H and 2 snake H2H . Just did this draft and I think it's the best of the 3:

C - Evan Gattis
    1B - Anthony Rizzo
    2B - Jose Ramirez
    3B - Nicholas Castellanos
    SS - Xander Bogearts
    2B/SS - Robinson Cano
    1B/3B - Carlos Santana
    OF - Mike Trout
    OF - Yasiel Puig
    OF - Adam Jones
    OF - Adam Eaton
    OF - Ian Happ
    UTIL - Zack Cozart
    Bench - Trey Mancini
    Bench - Yangervis Solarte
    Bench - Cesar Hernandez

P - Carlos Carrasco
    P - Jacob deGrom
    P - Gerrit Cole
    P - Aaron Nola
    P - Zack Godley
    P - Michael Fulmer
    P - Kenta Maeda
    P - Brandon Morrow
    P - Jordan Montgomery

14. Fixed Glitch

Just did my draft. Ended up with Harper Judge and Stras top 3.

Happy with it.

Did real bad on closers though

15. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Just got fucked out of the no.1 pick in my dynasty league because apparently I won a match or two in the consolation playoffs. Fuck consolation playoffs.

CarpetElf likes this.
  16. broken22

(:

Anybody have a spot in a league open still ?

17. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Had a decent prospect draft, should've maybe moved an extra spot open cause there was one more guy I wanted but didn't have room.

18. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Who would you guys rather have for the season right now, Logan Morrison or Neil Walker? Walker's got 1B eligibility in our league, and I need a back up 1B in case I ever need to shift Gallo over to the OF (or out of the lineup all together lol.

I've read positive shit on both them, obviously I like Walker's surrounding cast more...and the 2B/MI eligibility is a plus

19. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

If you’ll play them an equal amount, LoMo pretty easily. If the MI eligibility gets Walker in the lineup more, then he’s fine too

David87 likes this.
  20. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Right now Villar is my MI and Amed Rosario is my back up SS/MI, neither of thsoe guys are locks to be super productive, so yeah I could see Walker getting a decent amount of run in my MI slot.

21. John Lopiano

aka Broken Parachute Moderator

I did my first auction draft this year and it was tons of fun.

C- Gary Sanchez
    1B- Wil Myers
    2B- Dee Gordon, Scooter Gennett
    3B- Evan Longoria, Todd Frazier
    SS- Trea Turner, Amed Rosario
    OF- Nelson Cruz, Rhys Hoskins, Brett Gardner, Stephen Piscotty

SP- Jose Quintana, Kyle Hendricks, David Price, Sean Manaea, Rich Hill, Marco Gonzales, Matt Harvey, Miles Mikolas, Sean Newcomb, Danny Salazar, Alex Reyes
    RP- Alex Colome, Brad Boxberger

PeacefulOrca likes this.
  22. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Me trying to contain myself and remember that it's a long season and I shouldn't be getting too excited about my guys that off to hot starts (like Polanco):

[​IMG]

Drewski likes this.
  23. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Need Goldy to start doing Goldy things. Grabbed Jose Martinez off waivers, hoping he has a breakout campaign.

24. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Crossing my fingers matz stays healthy and a bunch of my older prospects get called up

25. Fixed Glitch

Wondering what’s going on with the closer situation in Houston.