Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2018 Chorus.fm Official Oscar Pool

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by TJ Wells, Jan 4, 2018.

1. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

For the old AP'ers, I'm thinking about bringing this back. Two questions, please answer both in your post, and please only post if you're interested in participating:

(1) Would you be interested in participating if there was a $$$ prize, or only if it was free?
    (2) If you would be interested in a $$$ prize, what do you think would be a reasonable buy-in?

2. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

I think I remember winning a cash prize, but my PayPal doesn't work so I never got it. Hmmm...

3. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I'm okay doing it for fun or paying like $5, this year should be fun because there doesn't seem to be any clear front-runner

TJ Wells and Anthony_ like this.
  4. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

1. I would probably be interested if it was free or if it had a small buy-in.
    2. I think $5 or $10 is a good number, but no more than $10.

Also, inb4 people come in here for the sole purpose of talking about how much they hate awards season and anyone who follows it is wasting their time, etc etc

TJ Wells likes this.
  5. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I'd be in either way. I agree the buy-in shouldn't be more than $5-10.

6. wordzanddreamz

and a millions screams...

I’m in for 5 or 10

7. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah I think $5 is totally acceptable. Next question; PayPal, cash app or Venmo?

8. Anthony_

I think Venmo is easiest but I can do PayPal too

9. wordzanddreamz

and a millions screams...

paypal

10. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

I’d definitely be in. $5 sounds good, venmo is preferable but I can do paypal if that’s what most people have.

11. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

I mean since I’m gonna distribute the prize, people can pay whichever way is easiest. It doesn’t all have to be the same now that I think about it.

suicidesaints likes this.
  12. Daniel

Party Mom Supporter

I am interested for $5.

Can do Zelle, Venmo or PayPal.

13. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Alright, we’ll keep it to Venmo and PayPal since that’s what most people have. I’ll have the ballots up for download within a few hours of the announcement.

Because of problems I had with a past pool, I’m only going to accept entry fees up til the day before, rather than right up to the start of the show.

14. Anthony_

Nominations aren't until the 23rd? That's so late.

15. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

would be down for 5-10, yeah

16. GEM37

She haunts the roads

Put me down for $5-10!