Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2018 Chorus.fm NFL Mock Draft Thread Vol. 3 • Page 4

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Blimp City Hero, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

Eh, why not? We'll give it a try.

Fucking Dustin likes this.
  2. Night Channels

Trusted

The New York Giants select:

Bradley Chubb - EDGE - North Carolina State

[​IMG]

Chubb is my best player available. He fills an immediate need for the Giants and if all goes well, they'll have a perennial Pro Bowler and game changing pass rusher for the next decade.

3. Night Channels

Trusted

The New York Jets select:

Josh Rosen - Quarterback - UCLA

[​IMG]

Mike Maccagnan's St. Patrick's Day trade up was obviously for a quarterback...a position that has always seemed to be a problem for the New York Jets. Rosen is the best available quarterback available, by far. He has the tools to play immediately, but he's being put into a situation where he can develop behind Josh McCown.

enlliac likes this.
  4. Night Channels

Trusted

5. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

The Dallas Cowboys and the Pittsburgh Steelers (@JRShoenberger) have agreed on a trade.

Dallas trades: 2018 3rd round pick (Pick 81), 2019 5th round pick.

Pittsburgh trades: WR Martavis Bryant.

6. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

With the 4th pick, the Cleveland Browns select:

Saquon Barkley - RB - Penn State

[​IMG]

Welp. This time, the option was picked for me! Obviously, Barkley is great. If anything, I'd just say he could maybe ease a bit on thinking flashy moves are always necessary and just burst through the defense. He could maybe improve a little on pass blocking, but he really has very little to complain about. Nothing really changes in my assessment here, but the one thing I'd add is that this could have them transition Duke Johnson into a De'Anthony Thomas-type role where he plays more WR than RB. With Hyde involved, there's lots of versatility in this backfield though.

7. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

8. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

I'd really think that Bryant trade would never happen. I'd question if he's worth a 3rd and he's on an expiring contract.

9. MidDave

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

Colts pick is available for the right price.

10. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

IRL Pittsburgh hasn’t seemed to want to trade him so I figured an overpay was necessary. I think he’s a good fit for Dallas as a player and I’d rather have him and BPA at 19 than a WR at 19 plus a third round player.

11. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

I just think teams weren't offering enough for what the Steelers wanted. The fact that he could get Gordon-level banned due to drug testing is another risk. I think a trade is realistic, but that seems like way more than a team might offer.

12. JRShoenberger

Trusted

I actually had two offers for him both were for 3rd round picks.

It might be a bit much in real life but enough 3rd round picks don’t pan out that taking a risk on a known skill player might be worth it for someone.

13. broken22

(:

josh-allen-abefe4d2c93c8e29.jpg With the 5th pick, The Denver Broncos Select:
    Josh Allen- QB - Wyoming
    I know I went with Mayfield in the last mock, but something tells me Allen would benefit from being in Denver. Case isn't a long term solution and Allen can sit a year behind him and develop. Allen's arm is a huge selling point to Elway.

14. broken22

(:

15. MidDave

6th Pick is me lol

Round 1, Pick 6 The Indianapolis Colts select Quenton Nelson.

Gotta keep Andrew Luck standing if he’s ever gonna survive a season. A trade down was possible but at this point take the best player available who fills a HUGE need.

Attached Files:

16. MidDave

17. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

Just shouting out @whitenblue88 again because your messages were at the same time.

18. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

The Bucs pick Denzel Ward, CB, The Ohio State University

Because giving Brent Grimes $10M/year is not a sustainable solution to the CB position.

buttsaywat likes this.
  19. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

20. buttsaywat

What's this for?

Pick 10 is available for the raiders. Looking for a 1st and 2nd rounder

21. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Chicago Bears have traded with the Buffalo Bills.

8 and 115 for 12 and 65

22. ClarettsGreyGoose Apr 17, 2018
    (Last edited: Apr 17, 2018)
    ClarettsGreyGoose

I wish I had changed my user name... Prestigious

With the 8th pick the Buffalo Bills select Baker Mayfield, QB, Oklahoma

USATSI_10391156_164063748_lowres.jpg

With Darnold, Rosen and (thankfully) Allen off the board, the Bills slide up ahead of the Dolphins who may or may not love Mayfield and get themselves a "franchise QB." Much like Tyrod Taylor did, Mayfield's mobility can help to address the team's deficiencies on the offensive line, especially now that human pylon Russell Bodine will likely be starting at center following the sudden retirement of Richie Incognito, which will lmove Ryan Groy from center back to guard. His ability to freelance should definitely help the wide receivers as well, since Kelvin Benjamin, Zay Jones and Jeremy Kerley can't exactly get open by themselves very often.

@tkamB Niners up

Larry David likes this.
  23. MidDave

Way less painful trade compared to last time.

CarpetElf and ClarettsGreyGoose like this.
  24. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

God damnit, I will hate it if Mayfield goes to the AFC East

CarpetElf likes this.
  25. MidDave

I mean...depending on what rumors you believe all 4 teams are looking for a QB. Could def happen.