Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2018 Chorus.fm NFL Mock Draft 2.0 • Page 4

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Blimp City Hero, Apr 2, 2018.

1. enlliac

The Real Azor Ahai

Why would you do this

2. Night Channels

Trusted

He’s the most physically gifted arm talent since Cam Newton.

I have Darnold and Rosen ranked higher, but they are gone. The Jets didn’t give up multiple picks to take a guard, a running back, or a pass rusher. They moved up for a QB.

Allen has all of the talent in the world. Give him a supporting cast and build around him. He can thrive with help.

3. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

Y'all can complain, but I'd rate the Jets draft higher than the Bills draft right now.

CarpetElf and PeacefulOrca like this.
  4. Josh Allen becoming a punchline has made people think he’s awful when in reality he does have potential. I still wouldn’t take him over Darnold or Rosen.

CarpetElf and FTank like this.
  5. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

Yeah Allen has gotten to the point where people are criticizing how overrated he is so much that he's become underrated

FTank and Night Channels like this.
  6. ClarettsGreyGoose Apr 4, 2018
    (Last edited: Apr 4, 2018)
    ClarettsGreyGoose

I wish I had changed my user name... Prestigious

Hey it's a mock for a reason, I swung big. IRL I hope Allen goes top 4 and then the Bills move to 7/8 for Mayfield or Jackson is there at 12 but that's just me

Fucking Dustin likes this.
  7. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

Yeah. I'm not saying it was a bad pick. I'm just saying terms of value on those trades. I wouldn't be surprised if the Bills did something like that.

8. ClarettsGreyGoose

Yeah I wasn't even a fan of the value of it as I mentioned in my write up. If they actually did that it would make me feel....very conflicted

9. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Why did the Giants have to give up 108? Trade value match up?

10. whitenblue88 Apr 4, 2018
    whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

There’s no QB needy team to trade out to, so the Colts pick Bradley Chubb, DE, NC State

Chubb fits what the Colts are looking for in their new defense — playmakers with speed who fit in a 4-3. If he’s still on the board at 6, he’s the safe pick here.

11. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

12. buttsaywat

What's this for?

With the 7 pick in the 2018 NFL Draft, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers select

Denzel Ward, CB, THE Ohio State University

Easy pick for the Bucs. Awful secondary and this will be an instant impact player.

Sorry no photo on my phone.

13. ClarettsGreyGoose

Probably could have matched value without the 6th and the swap of 4ths but 6ths are mostly irrelevant in the long run so I tried to get as close as possible to the top 100

14. buttsaywat

What's this for?

15. Randall Mentzos

Listen to my EP: terrainofficial .bandcamp.com Prestigious

I just think Josh Allen is a lot like Paxton Lynch, does everything well except throw the ball accurately over distance, which is arguably the most important and also a very intrinsic sort of skill that's hard for someone else to coach, you just have to wonder if he hasn't developed that accuracy by now, will he?

I agree he has tons of potential but I just do not draft that QB in the top 3.

16. Randall Mentzos

17. Night Channels Apr 4, 2018
    Night Channels

Trusted

It's hard to complete passes (especially deep throws) when your receivers can't separate from coverage.

I don't understand the Paxton Lynch comparison aside from maybe their measurables. Lynch came out of a system that inflates statistics and manipulates numbers enough to cover up flaws in a game. He doesn't have arm talent either.

Josh Allen is coming out of a pro-style offense that required full-field reads. He's not a bad decision maker. He has some bad misses, but if you pay enough attention, he's usually pressured, getting hit, or his target can't separate.

Allen turned a bottom of the barrel, slow, mid-major wideout (Tanner Gentry) into an NFL caliber prospect. He single-handedly got that guy a job in the NFL as UDFA. He'd be lucky to be a fifth string receiver in Canada without Allen throwing him the football in 2016.

18. Night Channels

Trusted

And how is deep ball accuracy the most important skill for a quarterback prospect?

Sit down.

19. Night Channels

Trusted

It would be absurd to take him over Sam Darnold or Josh Rosen. He's far and away a better prospect than Baker Mayfield is though.

I love Mayfield as a college player, but he is not an elite NFL prospect. He is a late first, early second round QB prospect that will probably get overdrafted by the Jets or Broncos or maybe the Bills if they slide up.

20. Randall Mentzos

Did i say deep ball accuracy? No, I said over distance. As in, I only ever see him throw flats and screens and underneath shit well. He doesn't show me good touch or precision or timing, except on out routes like you pointed out once. He can throw dumpoffs and he can throw a bullet at the sideline, everything else is wild.

Im not just talking deep shit, I'm talking anything over the middle, goal line fades, well timed button hooks, etc, dont see a lot of that.

21. Night Channels Apr 4, 2018
    Night Channels

Trusted

He throws the hell out of a slant and the back shoulder fade.

If you think he doesn’t throw with timing, take a look at his awful receivers and his protection.

You’re either going to see a hitch or a quick out in the RPO quick game. Wyoming uses the out. It’s a harder throw than the hitch or deep curl, but to each his own.

Randall Mentzos likes this.
  22. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Chicago Bears select Quenton Nelson, G, Notre Dame

[​IMG]

The Bears are in a great spot at 8. Nelson is probably the best player in the draft and provides immediate value for the Bears and their new franchise quarterback. It comes down to two players here but you can't pass up a talent like Nelson. Especially in this draft, where offensive line in the most shallow position.

23. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

PeacefulOrca likes this.
  24. tkamB

God of Wine Prestigious

Someone send me a trade offer, I'll pick in 20 if don't get one.

25. tkamB

God of Wine Prestigious

49ers select Roquan Smith, LB, Georgia

[​IMG]

I think if the actual draft falls like this, 49ers will trade down. It's either going to be a LB or Edge Rusher at this pick, unless Quenton falls. The DBs are kind redundant with what the 49ers already have, and I think it's a lil high for Landry and Davenport, so going back to the well with Roq. Roq has unmatched instincts, incredible sideline to sideline speed, and is a sure tackler despite being a bit undersized. Him and Roob will be unreal.

CarpetElf likes this.