Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2018 Chorus.fm NFL Mock Draft 2.0 • Page 3

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Blimp City Hero, Apr 2, 2018.

1. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

Fixed it all up. Must not have registered my 2nd copy from the list I made when creating the thread.

We can start today, but you'll have to keep up for awhile because I won't be around from about early Friday through midday Saturday.

CarpetElf likes this.
  2. buttsaywat

What's this for?

LETS DOOOOO THIS

3. MidDave

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

Down to start now.

4. ClarettsGreyGoose

I wish I had changed my user name... Prestigious

On board let's roll

5. JRShoenberger

Trusted

I'm game. @spiffa0 if you want to pass along some input, go for it.

6. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

Alright, here we go:

With the 1st pick, the Cleveland Browns select:

Sam Darnold - QB - University of Southern California

[​IMG]

To reiterate from my first write-up, Darnold was really built up coming into college, but, despite being not that bad, many let those feelings fizzle over time. Overall, I think you had the whole Sarkisian issues making it hard to firmly set the offense he's learning, but, luckily, Helton held on and had a similar offense under his coaching. This year, I think the loss of Juju and a pretty horrible O-line didn't really help him throughout. Now, he does have some things he can improve like decision making in the pocket and his wind-up. I think having talent around him would immensely help him develop though.

Right now, I think the Browns are a great situation for him. The only real worries I have are Hue and Thomas' retirement. Otherwise, with or without Barkley, I think the Browns offense will be solid and Tyrod and Stanton give them some patience to let him learn and develop in 2018.

@buttsaywat is up for the Giants

CarpetElf likes this.
  7. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

I accidentally read this as both of them retiring and I was concerned that you were afraid about Hue Jackson retiring

Joe4th likes this.
  8. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

Nope. Just Hue. Hue (capitalized) is a lone word that is pretty much a noun, adjective and verb at this point. Like, "Fire Hue!" or "Pulling him from the game in the 2nd quarter and putting back in the 3rd was a Hue move" or "We're going to Hue on Sunday."

Fucking Dustin likes this.
  9. buttsaywat

What's this for?

TRADE ANNOUNCEMENT:

Giants trade - picks #2 and #108
    Bills trade - picks #12, #22, #53, #65, #121 and #187

@ClarettsGreyGoose is on the clock for the Bills

Fucking Dustin and CarpetElf like this.
  10. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

There's the Grey Goose.

11. Fucking Dustin

Now this is podracing

FTank, JRShoenberger and CarpetElf like this.
  12. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

I dont like sand

13. MidDave

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

Welp. That's a thing that happened.

14. ClarettsGreyGoose Apr 4, 2018
    (Last edited: Apr 4, 2018)
    ClarettsGreyGoose

With the 2nd pick, the Buffalo Bills select:

Josh Rosen - QB - UCLA

[​IMG]
    Brandon Beane swings huge here. If this trade happened on draft night the fan in me would feel a little squeamish about the cost, but at the end of the day, I'll be 30 years old next week and I don't remember what it's like to watch the Bills play football with a franchise quarterback.

Rosen may not be the most agile quarterback, but he adjusts well within the pocket and can deliver throws with touch or zip at all levels of the field, and can process what he sees quickly, which is what is really needed in Brian Daboll's offense. 2018 may be a rough season, but the Bills can follow the Eagles/Rams plan for 2019, as they have plenty of cap space to stock up on free agents to fill holes in the short term while continuing to develop depth behind them

The Bills will now need to focus on filling the gaping holes at WR, and fixing their offensive line, as I think Tyrod Taylor's mobility has helped mask their deficiencies for 3 years, and at LB where I couldn't even tell you who will play there as of right now.

@Night Channels is up for the Jets

CarpetElf and Fucking Dustin like this.
  15. Fucking Dustin

I teared up reading this and support the move for this alone.

16. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Who needs a franchise QB when you have Blerg Bortum

17. buttsaywat

What's this for?

Ummmmm Drew Bledsoe 02-04

18. Night Channels

Trusted

With the 3rd pick, the New York Jets select:

Josh Allen - Quarterback - Wyoming

CarpetElf likes this.
  19. Fucking Dustin

>3 years
    >implying franchise QB

ClarettsGreyGoose and CarpetElf like this.
  20. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

21. ClarettsGreyGoose

I keep breaking it trying to insert an image I'm sorry I fail at technology right now

22. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

Texans and its fans -- always with the tears.

[​IMG]

Fucking Dustin and CarpetElf like this.
  23. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

With the 4th pick, the Cleveland Browns select:

Saquon Barkley - RB - Penn State

[​IMG]

Really debated Chubb here, but I decided to go with Barkley. Obviously, Barkley is great. If anything, I'd just say he could maybe ease a bit on thinking flashy moves are always necessary and just burst through the defense. He could maybe improve a little on pass blocking, but he really has very little to complain about. Nothing really changes in my assessment here, but the one thing I'd add is that this could have them transition Duke Johnson into a De'Anthony Thomas-type role where he plays more WR than RB. With Hyde involved, there's lots of versatility in this backfield though.

@broken22 is up for the Broncos.

Randall Mentzos and CarpetElf like this.
  24. broken22

(:

With the 5th pick, the Denver Broncos select:
    Baker Mayfield - QB - Oklahoma

With three of the top 4 QBs off the board this is a no brainier for the Broncos. Case Keenum is only signed for 2 years and that makes this a glaring need.

25. broken22

(: