Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2018-2019 NHL Season Thread Hockey • Page 249

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Henry, Jun 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

I HOPE I’M WRONG DAWG

Richter915 likes this.
  2. Pile on top of that how lackadaisical they looked down the stretch last year and especially in the first round vs. Colorado and it's a troubling long-term trend. Windows are only open for so long and I'm not saying its win the Cup this year or we're fucked but the party ain't gonna last forever

3. Would help if Winnipeg would fuck off and stop being so good too

Richter915 likes this.
  4. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

And this is before Arvidsson scored another tonight. Not good enough for this team’s aspirations, period.

Richter915 likes this.
  5. Yeah without RV we would not have won many games recently (obvious takes for 200, alex)

6. SlappinCups

Hurley apologist Prestigious

How much cap space will the Preds have in the offseason? I could see Duchene or Stone ending up there then if not at the tdl

7. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

About $11.5k right now, but they’ll need to extend Josi and possibly Fiala, unless they actually move him, which he would probably go in a Duchene/Stone deal.

SlappinCups likes this.
  8. Canes picked up 8 out of 10 points on the road trip and their next 8 games are against teams below them in the standings.

Richter915 likes this.
  9. Starting to think we might move on from Fiala

PeacefulOrca likes this.
  10. withchappedlips

#nothingiseasy

For the record, Detroit doesn’t play Nashville too often anymore... so 9 games could potentially go back to when they had Datsyuk and Zetterberg still.

Pretty sure Columbus has a really traumatizing all time record against the Red Wings as well. It’s crazy to think about now.

11. robb

Regular

(out of nowhere blabbering using more words than the last three pages combined incoming)

I'm still giddy as hell - I felt like a kid again tonight.

I haven't gone to an NHL game in since moving to CO- almost nine years ago. It was a mix of "the Leafs keep playing here when I have important obligations, same with the Isles, and I don't want to drive over an hour just to watch the Avs since they just sort of seem like a blah team to watch live, and I don't have much going on maybe I'll buy tickets nah I'd rather go play at open hockey tonight."

My wife got me club level tickets to tonight's game for Christmas. Pepsi Center is legit. I could have had some mediocre looking pho for dinner (but still... pho at a hockey game - credit where credit's due), but I went to the 1.5 lbs of nachos covered in barbacoa.

Having not been to a game in forever, I was in full kid mode "LOOK - there's Matthews!!! Whoa, you can almost see Kapanen's disgusting facial hair from here!"

The crowd was probably 40% Leafs fans, so I got a lot of high fives, head nods and other sport fan interactions for my jersey, probably because it was literally the oldest one in the building. Not to brag, but compared to most people here I am old as shit. My jersey was a Potvin replica - Starter brand, with a Western Conference patch. That I bought new. Get off my lawn.

Tonight reminded me how much fun going to games are.

12. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

Tampa helping the sharks out big time.

13. SlappinCups

Hurley apologist Prestigious

PK can do it all apparently

DeathOrGlory and cryates like this.
  14. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

be nice if Ottawa won a couple fucking games

SlappinCups and Joe4th like this.
  15. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

Also, one good thing about this season is that Nico Hischier has proven he can still carry play even without Hall

since Hall has been out, Nico has 17 points in 21 games. Not bad on this dumpster fire of a team.

16. dandandan

Trusted Prestigious

Barbacoa :heart:

My first jersey was a Potvin Starter brand replica home jersey when I was in second grade. I loved The Cat. Glad you had a good night out, my dude

Richter915 and robb like this.
  17. ClarettsGreyGoose

I wish I had changed my user name... Prestigious

Barbacoa is fantastic

dandandan and robb like this.
  18. lettersandnumbers

Regular

So Lucic's contract is held up as one of the worst in the league, but I didn't realize how bad Kesler's was:

Ryan Kesler - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

He is four years older, makes a million dollars more per year, is signed for another three years, and has six points to Lucic's 14. And the guy in charge of that deal (and Perry's, and Getzlaf's) is now coaching the team. Delightful!

johnnyferris and Richter915 like this.
  19. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

hell yeah no sharks contracts on heree

Richter915 likes this.
  20. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Thanks Jim

21. lettersandnumbers

Regular

Character/60 is off the charts though

22. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

It'll be fun when they send beagle to the ahl

23. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

Jesus Christ I didnt realize that Kesler only had 6 points lmao

24. robb

Regular

I was originally going to wear my white Potvin jersey, since I'd be the "away" fan. But it's an official jersey - 52G, sized to be worn over a C/A. I looked ridiculous.

Potvin will forever be my man crush on maybe creepy levels (not pictured - myriad jerseys and pictures in my home and office).

https://i.imgur.com/lURpd1q.jpg

(To keep this on older AP.net topic - my non-Potvin mask (second row) has an AFI paint job)

But he is why I became a Leafs fan, and made me want to keep going with being a goalie. So thanks to him, I am a Leafs fan who is a pretty good goalie in house league. Living the dream.

Richter915 and dandandan like this.
  25. flask

Trusted Supporter

kevin boyle is god

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.