Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2018-2019 NHL Season Thread Hockey • Page 180

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Henry, Jun 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. jorbjorb

7 rings

Sockeyes or Seals would be rad.

[​IMG]

SlappinCups and PeacefulOrca like this.
  2. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Wasn't there a bunch of bad reports before the golden knights even revealed their uni and it was lovely? I remember it being a big surprise

jorbjorb likes this.
  3. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

So the NHL version of a chargers uni haha

jorbjorb likes this.
  4. flask

Trusted Supporter

tbh I like when a city's sports teams all have the same colors like Pittsburgh.

5. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

Seals forever

dandandan and PeacefulOrca like this.
  6. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

26 months away kind of stings, but having 26 months (well, probably more like 16ish) to save money for merchandise, tickets and pretty much anything else that gets released for the team will be well worth it. gonna be BROKE once the merchandise starts rolling out and i'm sure first day tickets are gonna make my credit card cringe. BUT TOTALLY WORTH IT.

Joe4th and flask like this.
  7. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

No Seattle stingrays, damn

8. SlappinCups

Hurley apologist Prestigious

[​IMG]

this would be a pretty sick jumbotron if they could make it work

marsupial jones likes this.
  9. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

damnit

10. flask

Trusted Supporter

Never got around to posting my Selanne jersey that came in last month.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

11. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

Congrats Seattle! While you celebrate, I will be here contemplating our nice new mostly empty stadium.

marsupial jones likes this.
  12. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

I’m excited to change from sharks to Seattle when it comes

jorbjorb, cryates and marsupial jones like this.
  13. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

The rare #13 year

14. marsupial jones

Seattle thoughts because of course.

Bettman made some interesting comments during the press conference Q&A when someone asked about the name and Metropolitans came up. he really seemed to dislike that idea, mentioning that it's the name of a division. someone on Twitter commented that there's a team called "Nationals" and yet there is the National League and that doesn't cause any issues, which I think is a fair comparison.

of course ownership is going to say they're listening to fans for the name because why wouldn't you say that, but i'm curious how much that will go into it. and i wonder, depending on the results, what the league will except.

I would prefer almost any color combo that doesn't contain red/black. Too many hockey teams use red already and while it could fit in after awhile, it would take some getting used to.

I don't think they should use blues / greens. at least not the same (or close to the same) shade as the other Seattle teams have. too boring and has been done to death. and that would be getting close to Vancouver's colors.

the idea of borrowing off of the Sonics colors could be cool. but hockey will likely be second fiddle behind the Sonics enough as it is even if they never do come back that i don't want to constantly be reminded of them while looking at the Seattle NHL jerseys and merch. they should be their own thing.

not sure if this helps or hurts the possibility of Quenneville coming to Seattle.
    he gets paid by Chicago the next two years, so in a way he has no rush to come back and who knows what team wants to split his pay or pay him $7-$8M a year like he currently gets, so that could help us (haha "us") get him. but i don't know if he'd want to sit around not coaching for two years before the team really gets going.

random ideas for names i haven't seen yet because why not throw everything at the wall and see if anything sticks (no order):

- Seattle Mountaineers
    - Seattle Transport
    - Seattle Skyline
    - Seattle Bays
    - Seattle Satellites

15. White

Cum for the Cum God. Prestigious

In case our Seattle residents haven't seen this, behold this amazing jersey concept and then feel crippling despair knowing whatever the real jerseys end up being will be substantially worse: Behance

16. marsupial jones

that is a great presentation but way too much green for my taste. don't get me wrong, i love all shades of the color green, but i want some variety, something bright, something new, something freshhhhhhhh

17. jorbjorb

7 rings

Is Greiss a good goalie now? Jesus.

18. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Hornqvist with the natural hat trick on free hat night.

19. DeathOrGlory

Just a friendly reminder

Flames - Jackets. 9 -6. What the fuck is that score? How the fuck is that score?

20. ClarettsGreyGoose

I wish I had changed my user name... Prestigious

That's my captain

21. ClarettsGreyGoose

Opposite angle because fuck Nazem Kadri, whose bad turnover made this all possible.

22. White

I'm so happy I'm missing this game.

23. ClarettsGreyGoose

I'm happily collecting OT to work and watch this game AND I get tomorrow off, paid and not out of my PTO time, due to the "national day of mourning."

....can I get this in a playoff series please

24. White

This is my least favourite post in the combined history of AP/Chorus.

Richter915 and ClarettsGreyGoose like this.
  25. marsupial jones

Fantastic game between Buffalo and Toronto. Not sure what Buffalo is doing in this OT though....

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.