Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2018-2019 NFL Season Thread Football • Page 605

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Max_123, Feb 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Well the Underground is gone now haha

Dinosaurs Dish likes this.
  2. Randall Mentzos

Listen to my EP: terrainofficial .bandcamp.com Prestigious

Screenshotted.

Can’t back out now :-p

CarpetElf likes this.
  3. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Oh shit! Guess it was too underground

4. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

5. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

6. Randall Mentzos

No? The one right across from evening Muse? They had shows listed when I just visited you

7. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

That's The Neighboorhood Theater

Randall Mentzos likes this.
  8. CarpetElf likes this.
  9. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

QHERE ARE YOU ALL

10. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

11. xkj1985x

Go Dawgs! Prestigious

2018-2019 NFL Season Thread: Zillow Edition

12. Charlotte is awesome. But after grad school I’ll probably move back west.

CarpetElf likes this.
  13. Randall Mentzos Aug 19, 2018
    (Last edited: Aug 19, 2018)
    Randall Mentzos

Yes sir

Better spot for me both for my job and touring, plus imma try to get into UNC Charlotte to finish a degree

It’s an easy move. Rent is barely more expensive than here and the drive is only 5 hours. I have much more earning potential in upscale restaurants there in the mean time, a musician roommate lined up... and a new opportunity to expose my music to a bigger city and get around the country easier. Northeast and Midwest are right there, still have access to Florida and Atlanta and Nashville, etc

It’s basically increasing my income, reducing my expenses and giving me more exposure at the same time while I set up a future job in computer science. And get away from toxic Florida culture.

14. Well let me know when you’re here and we can meet up and I can show you around a bit. I’m only good for food spots but they’re all so damn good.

CarpetElf and Randall Mentzos like this.
  15. Randall Mentzos Aug 19, 2018
    (Last edited: Aug 19, 2018)
    Randall Mentzos

In order where I’d wanna live if rent money wasn’t an object.
    1. Seattle WA
    2. Boston MA
    3. Brooklyn / West Long Island NY
    4. Denver CO
    5. NYC suburbs (north NJ, CT, lower upstate NY)
    6. Baltimore/Annapolis MD
    7. Austin TX
    8. Charlotte / Asheville NC
    9. Nashville TN
    10. San Diego CA

Also would jump at an easy opportunity to try Chicago, Minneapolis or Oahu / Maui short term... but the first two’s winters would be a deal breaker long term, and the latter is just too isolated for long term.

Weighted to include cost of living, though:
    1. Seattle WA (costly $$$, but still)
    2. Charlotte / Asheville NC
    3. Nashville TN
    4. Baltimore MD (Annapolis is too $)
    5. Denver, CO
    6. Austin, TX
    7. Brooklyn / West Long Island NY
    8. NYC suburbs (CT, NY, NJ)
    9. Boston, MA
    10. San Diego, CA

(If I had a great salary I’d get a nice house in Boston over living jam packed in NYC. But with less money and a house not an option, I’d rather do city living and walk in the cold in NYC over Boston cause NYC is the real deal. I’m also less interested in both if I can’t afford to really experience them.)

16. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Somehow I can have seven gins and wake up after sleeping four hours and be enthusiastic and energetic but I have seven beers and my tongue has dissolved and I want to die.

[​IMG]

17. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I had five beers the other night after a full meal and was so exhausted the next day, I went to bed at like 6:45 PM for a nap and woke up at 2:30 in the morning.

CarpetElf likes this.
  18. I haven't had a drink in over a month. Most of it is because I'm losing weight but a huge factor is I have a 4 month old and having too much to drink and waking up at 3am because a baby is crying is one of the worst things ever.

19. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

A couple months ago I cut back to only drinking/going out on weekend nights. It's made my tolerance drastically lower and I'm spending much less money and getting more sleep.

Gets kind of boring though.

Jim and Randall Mentzos like this.
  20. Randall Mentzos Aug 20, 2018
    (Last edited: Aug 20, 2018)
    Randall Mentzos

Yeah I love beer but if I’m trying to get drunk, liquor >>>>

Beer:

1) dehydrates me super fast - even two beers makes me parched, I gotta drink like a big glass of water with every two beers

2) makes me tired very quickly. I can go for hours with liquor but an hour after starting to get tipsy from beer I want to go home and sleep.

3) beer produces a very sloppy and emotional kind of drunk. Gin, wine, and rum get me giddy yet relaxed and thoughtful... tequila and whiskey are obnoxious drunk but more fun

4) the hangover is way worse because the yeast fucks with my digestive system so much. Can’t drink 4-6 beers without spending two hours of my next morning back and forth to the bathroom.

However if I’m just having a drink or two for the taste / atmosphere, craft beer all day. I also will drink beer at Jags games, and that typically results in a HARD nap from 5 to 9:30 pm afterward.

whitenblue88 and CarpetElf like this.
  21. Gin is my liquor of choice but it makes me an emotional wreck if I drink too much

Randall Mentzos and CarpetElf like this.
  22. JRShoenberger

Trusted

Alcohol just makes me tired... I'm a super lightweight.

23. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

Good beer is my drink of choice because I’ll stop at 2 or 3 for all these reasons

Randall Mentzos and CarpetElf like this.
  24. broken22

(:

I can't do liquor anymore. The beer belly is in full effect.

Randall Mentzos likes this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.