Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2018-2019 NFL Season Thread Football • Page 39

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Max_123, Feb 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Owlex

free snewt Prestigious

Wonder if the Bucs would draft Barkley if he fell to them

2. LJ Rime

Regular

The Eagles shouldn't trade Foles, unless he specifically asks for it. I know everyone's gut reaction is to trade him now since he just won Super Bowl MVP but the truth is, other teams simply don't value him as much as the Eagles do. The Eagles will never get what they want for him. Also, the Eagles have been questioned the past couple of years on why they continue to "overpay" backup QBs. But as you can see from this year, there's a method to the madness. They clearly value the backup QB much higher than any other team and it showed why. Other teams can't afford to lose their starting QB. That didn't happen with the Eagles because they had someone they could rely on to replace Wentz. And he didn't just game manage. They don't win the Super Bowl without Foles playing like he did.

I think the Eagles fanbase and the media just aren't on the same page as the Eagles organization. It's easy to say "trade him now" from the outside looking in, but there's a reason this season was successful for them. That front office isn't about conventional thinking. They like having depth at the QB position. They like having three QBs they can rely on. It's proven to work. So unless Foles asks for a trade or they get exactly the amount of value they're looking for, there's no point in moving him.

3. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Absolufucking

4. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Bruh, I consciously typed that. That was my intended message. I need less coffee.

5. GreatBeardRecs

Vibes Are High Supporter

6. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

Owlex likes this.
  7. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Every 3rd round pick until Marrone is fired for Marcus Peters.

Who says no?

8. EntryLevelTank

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

Why would the chiefs trade Peters? I saw that pop-up and don't get it.

9. Just sitting here waiting for that unreasonable Leveon Bell contract

10. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

If he's going to be too expensive (lol) or he's expressed intentions on leaving, I'd trade him in a heartbeat.

11. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

Pat Kirwan on SiriusXM implied the Chiefs are growing tired of his attitoat

12. broken22

(:

Eagles promoted Duce to assistant head coach.

13. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

I believe it. I want his skill but he'd be a bad fit with Ramsey. you can't have two of those guys. Ramsey/Bouye is the perfect tandem.

14. 3rd for Peters. Do it Hurney (or whoever the GM is)

15. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Bruh it'll take so much more than that haha

16. Attitude problems and big contract coming up. They won’t get a first. Maybe a second.

17. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

A chance at locking up one of the best corners out there tho

18. broken22

(:

I'd dump Darby in a heartbeat for him. That attitude would change too since the Eagles don't let that shit fly.

CarpetElf likes this.
  19. I don’t mind his on-field antics. I think you have to take it with the talent. The cockiness and attitude could be an important of his game.

20. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Your slogan is LITERALLY "fly"

21. broken22

(:

Yes, yes it is . Also they are trying to trademark the Philly Special.

CarpetElf likes this.
  22. The Philly Special sounds like something on urban dictionary

robb, Owlex and FTank like this.
  23. xkj1985x

Go Dawgs! Prestigious

Lol ok

24. xkj1985x

Go Dawgs! Prestigious

Marcus Peters had attitude issues at UW and KC. I don’t care if the Mormon church buys the Saints (get it!?). Marcus Peters is not going to adapt to you or your team, you adapt to him and decide if it’s worth dealing with.

25. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

this better be a precursor to long term deal

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.