Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2018-2019 NFL Season Thread Football • Page 3

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Max_123, Feb 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

Another good place to play in the cold

Texas Flood likes this.
  2. Night Channels

Trusted

He might fall to the third.

3. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

4. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

if this was the rex ryan bills he'd already be on the phone to get foles
    putting the foot in football etc etc

been a long time since i've felt true optimism going into a new bills season

5. Randall Mentzos Feb 5, 2018
    (Last edited: Feb 5, 2018)
    Randall Mentzos

Listen to my EP: terrainofficial .bandcamp.com Prestigious

Hi thread. Go Jaguars.

Draft Goedert. OT in second round that hopefully beats Parnell for his job. Franchise ARob. Let Lee find a more expensive deal elsewhere because Cole is better. Keep Bortles on 5th year option, either he improves more with two very good weapons (Rob and Goed), or walks next year. If Colvin will resign on a team friendly deal cut Hurns & draft a WR third round... if not, draft a CB. Omameh may be worth resigning as well but we need more interior depth in the mid rounds regardless.

CarpetElf likes this.
  6. Was anything ever brought up about Edwin Jackson in the other thread ?

7. xbrokendownx Feb 5, 2018
    (Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2018)
    xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

yes, he was killed by a drunk driver

so sad

8. GraveDigger

Trusted Prestigious

Think they'll find a way to keep Norwell but they might overpay. Star will probably sign with the Raiders or someone.

9. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

I actually don’t think I saw it here, but Frank Clark lost his father and three family members in a house fire here in Cleveland recently. Many condolences to him and his family on that as well.

broken.22 likes this.
  10. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

super early next season predictions (for some teams).

for some reason i get a strong feeling about the following:

EAGLES - keep Foles and he starts the first 4-5 weeks of the season as Carson recovers, then trade Foles before the trade deadline for a major return to a competitive team that has lost their QB for the year, thinking Foles is the savior again (he isn't)

RAIDERS - Gruden flops in his first season back in Oakland and either after the 2018 season or 2019 season benches Carr and ends up trading him for peanuts to get rid of his awful contract

49ERS - get to at least the divisional round of the playoffs

SAINTS - are real, real good again. Kamara is a finalist for MVP

BENGALS - somehow, someway play awful most of the year and make it to the playoffs as a wild card where they lose. everyone hates the Bengals more than possible.

FALCONS - go 8-8 at best.

VIKINGS - are lucky if they finish 6-10. defense is mediocre at best, offense is awful, Keenum starts season but doesn't finish it due to poor play

PACKERS / RODGERS - discontent grows as team goes through learning curve of new coaches. Teams unknown inquire about trading for him, becomes top story on ESPN for 2-3 weeks. trade happens before the 2019 draft.

tkamB likes this.
  11. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

i said to some friends earlier today, "Ironically enough, Rodgers is unhappy with the coaching changes his own team made, but is very happy with what the Detroit Lions have done".

FTank likes this.
  12. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

Vikings are going to be even better on offense IMO

remember they lost Dalvin Cook who looked great early

GrantCloud and Fucking Dustin like this.
  13. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

I’ve predicted the Vikings to regress/be bad for the past 3 years and it never happens so I’ve given up on that one

14. GreatBeardRecs

Vibes Are High Supporter

Texans

DW4

The reign begins.

Fucking Dustin likes this.
  15. JRShoenberger

Trusted

Pittsburgh will win the AFC North. Then lose to the Patriots in the playoffs.

And repeat until Ben retires.

js977 likes this.
  16. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

Today is a good week. Pats lose and we pick up our new puppy on Sunday

Texas Flood and BirdPerson like this.
  17. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

As long as zimmer coaches that Vikings team they will win at least 10 games a year, barring significant injuries.

18. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

19. Night Channels

Trusted

20. Night Channels

Trusted

The scouting combine will settle of a lot of the dust (as usual), but I just don't think he's a top three player at his position right now.

He makes a lot of really nice catches, but I don't think he's the best athlete.

21. EntryLevelTank

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

I wouldn't bank on Nate. He's more than likely either staying with New England or retiring. His son has some health troubles and he's pretty tied in with the Boston hospitals at this point. (Nate and I had the same kinda cancer, so i've become particularly attentive to where his career is going. Swear i'm not just using a very unfortunate piece of news as part of cheering for a team.)

22. Fucking Dustin

While that makes sense, health troubles is also what brought the O’Brien family to Houston. I’m not getting my hopes up but I’m not ruling it out.

23. EntryLevelTank

That's fair. I'd be pretty gutted if Nate left, but if he had to leave i'd be happy for him in Houston.

24. Fucking Dustin

Very understandable, and I’d absolutely be happy with him staying in New England too. I’m sorry y’all both went through that!

25. EntryLevelTank

Haha I finished up chemo like a week after they won the Super Bowl last year, so it was rad seeing him win it as i was approaching the finish line. Def one of the good guys.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.