Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2018-2019 NFL Season Thread Football • Page 1304

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Max_123, Feb 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Randall Mentzos

Listen to my EP: terrainofficial .bandcamp.com Prestigious

The Chargers didn’t have to draft Leaf. They could’ve took an actual good player at pick 2. That’s their fault for taking a QB anyway when the really good one already came off the board

2. Randall Mentzos

I agree wholeheartedly

My point is, that doesn’t mean it’s respectable or fair to do it on purpose

3. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

Yeah I think this is okay

Like not necessarily rooting for the team to lose but enjoying the positives of it if it happens

4. If we get stomped tonight I think it’s reasonable to bench Cam though. Playoffs are very slim at that point and Cam’s shoulder is not 100%. No point in further injuring him. That’s what they did two years ago and that’s why this is still a problem.

5. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Okay but QBs were going off the board regardless. But you're saying you'd rather have that coveted fourth win in 1997 instead of Peyton Manning.

Call it shady if that's what you want to think, I'm gonna go ahead and bet that the Colts fans aren't gonna agree haha

6. Randall Mentzos

I also love how everyone keeps ignoring this point

Which is why there are rules against collusion and tanking in Madden leagues and Fantasy football

So why do people support it in real football that actually costs them tax money to host games and has real injuries

It makes no sense. Like this is my MAIN point. It’s competitively unfair

7. I don’t think NFL teams tank. They just suck at finding QBs.

CarpetElf likes this.
  8. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

I'm still not saying "tanking" in the traditional "let's lose the season" kind of thing. I'm saying why go all out if the best thing that could happen is you move from 2nd overall to 10th? It makes no sense for the Falcons to be trying to play their hardest right now. I want my team to be the best they could be. If that means going 4-12 instead of 6-10 and securing a future, then gopher it. I'm not gonna get into the fairness or the morals of this because at that point that's just hypocritical. We're all fans. We're all guilty here.

9. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

I got myself excited for the Lions to finish 8-8 and maybe make the playoffs

then Prater missed a FG and the Bills proceeded to beat us

I should never get excited about the Lions anymore

CarpetElf likes this.
  10. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Randall over here complaining about this while the Jaguars are LITERALLY doing what I'm saying lol

11. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

i feel like if you're learning this in 2018 then it's at least partially your fault

Fucking Dustin and Joe4th like this.
  12. Randall Mentzos

You should only be motivated by competition during the season

Plans to draft a player in the 2019 offseason should not motivate the teams behavior until the 2019 offseason

That’s my feelings on the matter and I’m sticking to it. They are related, but indirectly and on separate timelines.

13. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

he says, the jags fan, the stupid idiot

Joe4th and Fucking Dustin like this.
  14. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

oh I'm not learning this

I expected the heartbreak to come at the GB game, not against the Bills

CarpetElf likes this.
  15. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

The competition means nothing though. Matt Ryan goes down with a knee injury and misses all of next season you think one single person on that team goes "man thank god we beat the Cardinals on 12/16/18"

16. Randall Mentzos

Nah it was time to start Cody Kessler. It’s just convenient for our draft pick that he isn’t any better haha

17. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

[​IMG]

18. Randall Mentzos

I thought we were intentionally playing backups when I saw DeLuca and Wilson but Ronnie Harrison and Leon Jacobs are actually hurt

19. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

I like DeLuca so I'm glad he's getting time.

20. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

Fournette bout to run for 2 bills on Sunday

CarpetElf likes this.
  21. Some rules in football make no sense to me.

For it to be a touchdown, the ball has to cross the goaline. And the play is dead as soon as that happens.

But for a touchback on a punt, the ball can cross the goaline and be knocked back into field of play and downed at the one.

22. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

The one I don't like that I get so much shit for hating is the ball crossing the plane. The carrier is completely out of bounds at the two and just reaches the tip of the ball to the pylon, that shouldn't be a touchdown, I'm sorry.

disambigujason and AFoolsGlory like this.
  23. I also hate “half the distance to the goaline”.

If the ball is at the...let’s say 6 yard line. There is a defensive hold. The offense is rewarded 3 yards. If there is an offensive hold, the defense is rewarded 10 yards.

disambigujason and CarpetElf like this.
  24. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

I'm sure Santa prefers driving his Maserati.

Yep. It's time to start David Williams.

Randall Mentzos and CarpetElf like this.
  25. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

I agree. It should be half the distance to THE OTHER GOAL LINE. Fair is fair.

Swoos likes this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.