Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2018-2019 NFL Season Thread Football • Page 1303

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Max_123, Feb 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Randall Mentzos

Listen to my EP: terrainofficial .bandcamp.com Prestigious

Of course I don’t wish they won more games in *hindsight*, now that we have Ramsey... of course you don’t go back and question how the chips fell if you ended up with a jackpot.

My point is that if we did win more games in the moment, I wouldn’t have felt like Ramsey was “our player”, so I wouldn’t envy him any more than I envy Baker Mayfield.

I’m glad they gave full effort that season and we FAIRLY drafted Jalen Ramsey instead of doing some petty shit that shows we don’t respect the competitive spirit / parity of the league.

Like, to me tanking on purpose is just low. I don’t care if it gets you better players, it’s low and it’s a slimy way to gain a competitive advantage in the future, and I don’t respect it.

2. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

I haven't verified it or anything but someone told me there's a new rule making it so you can't act as your own coordinator.

Fucking Dustin likes this.
  3. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

Something I was thinking about the other day is how big of an impact Wes Welker has made on our team

Like not only do we have GREAT special teams now, but we have awesome WR play from guys like Fuller and Coutee who are constantly hurt, it's like he joined the team himself

Max_123, Joe4th and CarpetElf like this.
  4. Fucking Dustin

Interesting, I didn't know that! Thanks for the fact and the info

CarpetElf likes this.
  5. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

[​IMG]

6. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Wes Welker: Continually Proving CarpetElf Wrong Until the End of Time

7. Randall Mentzos

You’re comparing that win, and drafting a Ramsey like prospect. I’m saying that’s an unfair way to look at it and can’t be directly compared, because the goals of the draft conflict with the goals of the regular season. It’s not that you don’t get my point, my point is very simple principle and you are refusing to see it the way I see it.

8. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

BoB reminds me of Jim Caldwell.

It's like, the team is somehow winning and he got us to the playoffs twice, but you could just see that underneath that with a more competent coach they could've been so much better

9. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Well yeah, you're talking about football like Yugi Moto. I'm talking about it like I don't care if we lose 13 games instead of 12 if that 13th game is the last piece of the puzzle.

10. Randall Mentzos

Playing the game is playing the game, drafting is drafting. You play too much madden franchise mode if you think the two sides of motivation should influence each other.

11. Randall Mentzos

The point of worse teams getting higher draft picks is parity. You’re saying you don’t want the league to be fair if you lose on purpose to disrupt that balance.

12. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Tampa Bay avoids tanking against New Orleans and the Titans get Winston instead of them. It matters.

13. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Tampa and Tennessee both lose in that scenario

14. Randall Mentzos

Stupid games win stupid prizes. Winston is a fucking rapist. Good for Tampa Bay for using a shady strategy to draft a shady player.

15. Fucking Dustin

I do think teams will always makes moves to get the player they want and that it doesn't really matter anyway

If the Jags won 1 more game I bet they'd trade up for Ramsey and I bet the picks they'd give up would've sucked anyway

Max_123 and Randall Mentzos like this.
  16. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Yeah but Randall gets to lose to Winston twice a year instead of Mariota. Even more frustrating.

17. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

:looking into the camera gif:

Peyton Manning vs. Ryan Leaf?

I don't know what to tell you. I figured that was pretty clear.

18. Randall Mentzos

I should point out that I know you’re not defending Winston Matt haha, I just think that wasn’t your finest example to bring up

19. Fucking Dustin

I'd give ANYTHING for the Titans to trade Mariota for Winston

I don't even think Mariota is good but Winston is just so much easier to hate and doesn't have any of Mariota's weird ass luck

Joe4th and CarpetElf like this.
  20. Fucking Dustin

Also Titans would've probably still drafted Mariota and Bucs would've still drafted Winston

21. Randall Mentzos

Yeah, this haha. We adored Ramsey. If you want a player real bad, work out a trade with an actually worse team. Thats the non cheating way to do it.

22. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Me too. I don't want to hate Mariota :(

23. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

Titans are like the perfect team for Mariota.

24. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

25. I’m not advocating benching Cam and literally tanking. But as a fan, I’m still not gonna be upset if we lose out. Literally nothing excites me about an 8-8 wildcard spot. I’d rather have the better pick.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.