Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2018-2019 NFL Season Thread Football • Page 1270

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Max_123, Feb 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

puking that many times to me indicates food poisoning

2. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

Speaking of vomit inducing...

3. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

since food poisoning seems to end faster than the flu, i certainly hope so because then maybe i'm done with it.

4. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

*two days earlier he said he wasn't gonna defend him and it was a nightmare season lol

5. Owlex

free snewt Prestigious

Sk*p B**less has the world’s most punchable face

Edit: actually second to Ted Cruz but still

Max_123, CarpetElf and whitenblue88 like this.
  6. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

If not, be sure to call an exorcist.

marsupial jones likes this.
  7. broken22

(:

Hope ya feel better, throw on sweat pants and a sweat shirt and try to sweat it out. Also drink ginger ale or OJ.

marsupial jones likes this.
  8. Randall Mentzos

Listen to my EP: terrainofficial .bandcamp.com Prestigious

Yeah all those teams added an extra big name receiver haha of course they got better. That still doesn’t make Cooks more than a middling WR1 who gets shipped off when teams replace him with a bigger WR. Saints replaced him with Thomas before he even finished his rookie deal, New England went for Josh Gordon after one year. Solidifying my point that he had limitations that couldn’t be ignored despite his productivity.

Also, I rank Hilton over Cooks because he actually does produce like a leading target. He has had a 1345 yard season and a 1443 yard season, Cooks has never approached 1200.

If you check my list, Hilton is barely above Cooks, at the bottom of tier 4, and the only other “smallish” WR above him are Tyreek, AB and OBJ. AB and OBJ are elite, Tyreek is much more explosive still than Cooks is.

So yes, I am objective and I do rank him as a top 5 speed / small WR in the league. We disagree on Hilton but agree on everyone else there. He’s still about the 16th overall WR on my list. It does negatively affect players, far more 6’1” or taller receivers turn out to be elite or “very good”.

Cooks is good and I never said he wasn’t... but when I say his lack of size limits his ceiling, when I say there’s no way he’d get the same volume as Michael Thomas cause he’s easier to smother at the line of scrimmage and the catch point? When I say that, to be an elite “speed” receiver, you have to have Tyreek Hill level speed? Those are all valid assertions.

9. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Saints had Michael Thomas already. Josh Gordon was added in the middle of this year.

Yeah, Hilton is also the only option on his team. Cooks had Michael Thomas in New Orleans, Gronk in New England, and Kupp in Los Angeles.

10. Randall Mentzos

Some years the flu doesn’t generally induce vomiting. The influenza virus evolves and has slight variations of symptoms every year. Maybe this isn’t a stomach flu year.

Did you eat Romaine Lettuce? Lol

preppyak and GrantCloud like this.
  11. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

Good morning

12. Randall Mentzos

Hilton has also shown he can handle that volume. Cooks productivity goes down a lot when he is targeted that much. You saw that on the Saints.

And he only had to share the field with Michael Thomas for his rookie year, and it hardly affected his numbers

Having Michael Thomas already still means the Saints at some point decided “you know what? There are some situations we can’t target Cooks in the way we want to. We need a bigger target” and it worked so well they traded him. As for the Patriots one year is not a long time haha but at least they have a track record of doing that with free agents

13. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

SlappinCups likes this.
  14. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

TY Hilton has exactly one more target this year than Brandin Cooks.

15. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

16. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

these lemon wafer stick things are good though my GOD i've had like 10 already

GrantCloud likes this.
  17. broken22

(:

I officially hate Wawa forever, Royal Farms is my shit.

18. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

10/10 good joke bud

19. Randall Mentzos

Hilton had between 131 and 155 targets 2012-2016. Cooks has never had 130.

20. Randall Mentzos

and he was not the Colts only weapon then.

21. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

All 3 Jets RB on the roster didn't practice yesterday due to injury.

GreatBeardRecs likes this.
  22. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

They should sign Eddie Lacy

23. preppyak

Elite Supporter

Wafers were my jam as a kid. Need to get back into them, especially the lemon cream and strawberry cream ones.

CarpetElf likes this.
  24. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

Ok fine i'll come out of retirement

CarpetElf likes this.
  25. GreatBeardRecs

Vibes Are High Supporter

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.