Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2018-2019 NFL Season Thread Football • Page 1268

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Max_123, Feb 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Randall Mentzos

Listen to my EP: terrainofficial .bandcamp.com Prestigious

We would be gaining a good coach because plenty of old ass coaches in the league are still good.

2. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Well, Coughlin would be the oldest by six years. Pete Carroll, BB, Zimmer, Reid, and Marvin Lewis are the only coaches over 60.

3. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

Wtf Zimmer is 62?!

CarpetElf likes this.
  4. Randall Mentzos

Coughlin cares a lot about the Jacksonville team because of his prior tenure here obviously. He’s got the best pedigree of any coach who would want to be here. Our best shot outside of him is taking a gamble on a college coach with potential and it working out.

5. Randall Mentzos

Rivera is somewhere between Coughlin and Marrone and id rather Coughlin

If Harbaugh somehow gets fired I will give him excellent service myself at the Chart House and convince him to coach the Jaguars

6. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

If Harbaugh gets fired the Ravens are absolutely idiotic

Owlex and CarpetElf like this.
  7. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Yeah the Ravens aren't getting rid of Harbaugh haha.

Joe4th likes this.
  8. preppyak

Elite Supporter

You know many coaches (who dont coach the Bengals) who get to miss the playoffs 5 out of 6 years and keep their job?

He's also on a one-year extension already. Can only use so many of those before players know your time is up.

Randall Mentzos and CarpetElf like this.
  9. GreatBeardRecs

Vibes Are High Supporter

10. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

He's turned some truly bad teams into contenders

Like, he's been forced to trot out Flacco all this time after that crazy contract

They still are competitive and nearly always a threat

11. GreatBeardRecs

Vibes Are High Supporter

12. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

Oh cool good to see that Austin Blythe is doing well. I remember thinking it was a bummer he got cut

13. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

GreatBeardRecs likes this.
  14. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

Ryan Tannehill is the only QB to beat Brady 4 times in the regular season

that is remarkable to me

Brady has lost to the Dolphins 11 times, which is the most of any team in his career. Jets are next at 7.

CarpetElf likes this.
  15. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

what a shit organization lol

a nice person likes this.
  16. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

Amazing

17. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

Billy B taking notes

Owlex likes this.
  18. GreatBeardRecs

Vibes Are High Supporter

19. GraveDigger

Trusted Prestigious

Biggest mistake in franchise history.

CarpetElf likes this.
  20. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

21. dorfmac

Trusted

Harbaugh loves Flacco. There's likely no one who wanted to give Flacco that contract more than Harbaugh. No one covers for Flacco more to the media than Harbaugh.

And I can't think of one truly bad team, or even somewhat bad team, he has turned into a contender.

I have no problem with him leaving and going to Carolina. As a coach, he has no imagination and is inflexible to make changes. Also, outside of Kubiak, he has shown a complete inability to hire an OC.

preppyak likes this.
  22. GreatBeardRecs

Vibes Are High Supporter

23. dotKev

@dotkevin

This was good

preppyak likes this.
  24. Randall Mentzos Dec 11, 2018
    (Last edited: Dec 11, 2018)
    Randall Mentzos

It's not slander. You're overly defensive of an average WR1. Why do you think he's been on 3 teams?? Clearly while he's "good" teams would rather flip him for something better, because he has limitations. Now he's on a team where the WR2 might actually be better than he is. We can praise what he's good at all day but I'm more interested in establishing a frame of reference for HOW good he is.

Yes he's a "good receiver" but how does he compare to other team leading receivers? I would take 14 to 16 other receivers over him. He was in tier 5 for me, which is "low end WR1s - sometimes they disappear and can't be relied on."

It's okay to admit that a diminuitive size in more cases than not limits a player's ceiling. Even if you can point out exceptions it's still a good rule of thumb. Cooks gets absolutely bullied by press corners. He's made up a great resume' of receiving volume... With Drew Brees, Tom Brady, and an emerging Jared Goff. He's been in 3 offenses that are all top 5 in passing volume -- offenses that would be that good with or without him. If anything he's the beneficiary of great quarterbacks, not really the other way around.

From a stats perspective, yes he's been very consistent and impressive. Watch the tape though and you realize he hits a brick wall when he's up against someone who can handle his speed, much like Amari Cooper. I value a complete skillset more than I value Brandin Cooks' ability to be explosive against poorly disciplined teams.

25. Randall Mentzos

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.