2018-2019 NCAA Football Season Thread Football • Page 89

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by CarpetElf, May 25, 2018.

1. Night Channels

Samchise

Because he’s turning Purdue into a real threat

2. PeacefulOrca

Trusted

I mean, yea but a lot of reports said he wanted the Louisville job so I'm curious why he changed his mind. It's a win win for both teams

3. xkj1985x

Death Row Dawgs Prestigious

Congrats to Clay Helton on the hiring of his personnel babysitter.

Fight On!

CarpetElf and PeacefulOrca like this.
  4. PeacefulOrca

Trusted

That team is gonna underachieve again, I hope they keep Helton forever

DaydreamNation likes this.
  5. shea

1.21 Supporter

I wish Tech would hurry and hire Whisenhunt already so I could stop panicking every time I get a notification on my phone...
    :sly:

6. Garrett L.

already there Moderator

airik625 and cryates like this.
  7. DaydreamNation

Trusted Prestigious

Louisville athletics dept is still kind of a trainwreck across the board from what I understand (I'm from there originally)

8. DooDooBird

Trusted

Will Urban Meyer keep Kingsbury on staff when he replaces Helton in 2020?

9. Night Channels

Samchise

The only job Meyer will come back for is Notre Dame

Kelly isn’t giving that up anytime soon

10. PeacefulOrca

Trusted

I hope Kelly stays till 2050 then

11. xkj1985x

$375K less than Chris Petersen lol.

12. T.J.

music and baseball.

Well that was fast.

13. PeacefulOrca

Trusted

Kelly Bryant going to Mizzou

Jim and CarpetElf like this.
  14. DooDooBird

Trusted

Glad he didn't pick Auburn. But I find Mizzou to be one of the most boring programs in the conference.

airik625 and CarpetElf like this.
  15. dorfmac

Regular

what happened to him going to UNC? i thought that was pretty much the plan when he left clemson? obviously things change, and i guess mack brown wasn't as appealing to him as fedora?

16. domotime2

It's an Albany Expression Prestigious

stars143 likes this.
  17. Night Channels

Samchise

We all thought Kelly would end up at Arkansas with Chad Morris until Malzahn came to the table.

The instability at Auburn had to have scared him away...

18. what

Regular

Just curious, why do you say they’re boring? They’ve had one of the more explosive offenses in the SEC the past few years with an NFL prospect at QB and were involved in a few great games this season (SC and UK come to mind).

I did go to Mizzou so I’m a bit biased, but by a lot of metrics, they’ve had a pretty interesting tenure in the SEC so far.

19. DooDooBird

Trusted

I think a lot of it has to do with them not having rivals in the conference. Not their fault, really. (I guess Arkansas is y'all's main rival, but they're a mess).

To be fair, I prob I hate Mizzou the least out of all SEC opponents though. Nothing against them. They've just been at a very ho-hum performance level lately when it comes to overall standings.

20. dorfmac

Regular

Yeah, the prevailing notion that they are a boring team stems, I think, from the fact that they are just so far outside the center of attention. When you've got LSU, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Alabama, and A&M all in the same conference, everything else just gets lumped together whether it's right or wrong.

CarpetElf likes this.
  21. CarpetElf

it tastes bad Prestigious

thank you for listing LSU first :heart:

22. dorfmac

Regular

Honestly, it's because in my, LSU is one of the most fun teams in the country. Granted, that mentality comes from the mad hatter era more than now, but still. You can't be DBU, but at least you can be fun to watch.

CarpetElf likes this.
  23. xkj1985x

stars143 likes this.
  24. Night Channels

Samchise

A&M is boring too

25. dorfmac

Regular

there's something about being a top-20 team and being coached by jimbo that inherently makes it more interesting to watch. plus, that LSU game seals it.