Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2018-2019 NCAA Football Season Thread Football • Page 87

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by CarpetElf, May 25, 2018.

1. T.J.

music and baseball.

Pointing out that it’s Bama and that they have top tier talent on the bench is not Bama hate. Equating this situation to MSU is apples and oranges.

2. DooDooBird

Trusted

There's more to the narrative than that. He stuck around, worked his ass off becoming a better QB, finally got a big moment this year to prove any doubters wrong. Basically sealed his legacy as an all time great for the program. Couldn't have won that SEC championship without him.

3. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

Okay you got me a dude thrust back into the spotlight of the fourth quarter with the pressure of the most ravenous collegiate fan base on his shoulders to try to salvage his college legacy wrongly being a couple bad games a year ago isn’t impressive I am sorry

4. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

someone can be a good college football player and come in and do something very well and up to his normal past talent levels and that can also be a good story. All of these things can coexist in a single context.

5. T.J.

music and baseball.

What Jalen did was great. It’s a feat. Would be for anyone. I’m just saying it not surprising. We all knew he was capable. They were acting like he was a no name backup who rose up.

Idk why y’all are jumping to the extreme that it means we hate Bama or think it wasn’t good play.

FTank, Joe4th and dotKev like this.
  6. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

I wouldn’t want UGA in the playoffs. They just lost their playoff game to Alabama. They’re probably one of the 4 best teams in the nation, but the postseason polls will reflect that once they thump Texas and Oklahoma gets thumped by Alabama

clucky, DaydreamNation and CarpetElf like this.
  7. DooDooBird

Trusted

Would be nice if Northwestern would win this and Urban just calls it quits immediately after the game.

FTank, GrantCloud and DaydreamNation like this.
  8. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Lets go Northwestern!!!

9. DooDooBird

Trusted

Michigan should drop after this game.

10. T.J.

music and baseball.

Michigan played at Ohio State, though.

11. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

GBR

T.J. likes this.
  12. T.J.

music and baseball.

CarpetElf likes this.
  13. xkj1985x

Go Dawgs! Prestigious

Probably going to be Ohio State-Washington in the Rose Bowl (99% sure, anyway).

Should be a fun matchup with Haskins and that offense against the Husky defense but Jake Browning will absolutely shit down both legs and not do squat in a big game again, nuff said on that.

tOSU wins 27-17

CarpetElf likes this.
  14. Is the 538 model drunk or am I that much of a Notre Dame homer that I'm missing something?

[​IMG]

15. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Nah, dame sux

Joe4th likes this.
  16. Yea well I get why people say that but I don't think that means the CFP com is gonna leave us out, right or not

17. But I guess that isn't the same thing as a mathematical model so guess I answered my own question

18. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

u sux

19. clucky

Trusted Supporter

four undefeated teams four playoff spots i don't understand why the committee has to make this so hard

Joe4th, stars143 and CarpetElf like this.
  20. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

GO KNIG JR S

21. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

shea likes this.
  22. DooDooBird

Trusted

dorfmac and shea like this.
  23. shea

RIP Supporter

Lol eat shit again, Georgia.

24. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

GT would be lucky to have a season this good

FTank and CarpetElf like this.
  25. DooDooBird

Trusted

Kirby sounded like an imbecile after the game. Like some dumb hick that would call in and complain to Finebaum.

shea likes this.