Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2018-2019 NCAA Football Season Thread Football • Page 7

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by CarpetElf, May 25, 2018.

1. xkj1985x

Go Dawgs! Prestigious

2. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Of course they are.

3. Mike Tom

Urban Liar lol

4. Night Channels

Trusted

[​IMG]

An American classic

Andrew D, airik625, T.J. and 4 others like this.
  5. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Somehow I’m just now finding out Odom hired Derek Dooley as his OC haha.

6. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

Lol at UNC suspending 13 for selling Jordans

7. xkj1985x

Go Dawgs! Prestigious

*nuke coordinates locked and loaded*

FTank, airik625 and Night Channels like this.
  8. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

All 20 of em

9. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

10. KalValor

Regular

I mean, I’m not saying that there’s absolutely nothing there... but their budget for raises was probably much higher on years they made the Playoff.

11. xkj1985x

Go Dawgs! Prestigious

lmao....sickening. Reeks of some good ol Tosh Lupoi coffee cups.

Flips happen all the time on signing day in FEBRUARY but how often do they happen a day before fall camp begins in August?

12. DooDooBird

Trusted

Bama thin at LB depth. Washington is never on TV at a normal hour. Washington won't win a championship. Bama LB's all go to the NFL. Easy sell. Tosh doesn't even have to do anything sketchy for this one.

13. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Yea, I don't get why Alabama doesn't get the entire top 25-30 talents every year

14. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

can't tell if serious or throwing shade at DooDoo.

if serious, i could see some kids being like, "fuck no, i wanna beat them not just be another faceless kid of the machine!" / "let's be the next Clemson and take them down!"

15. xkj1985x

Go Dawgs! Prestigious

You’re out of your fucking mind if you believe there is nothing sketchy here. Pops got paid.

Not to mention Tosh (at the very least) broke one rule:

http://www.nationalletter.org/documentLibrary/administrativeGuidelines.pdf

He signed his LOI in December 2017 lol.

You didn’t flip him during the recruiting period. Tosh absolutely maintained communication with Ale and his dad, who is a shady dude if you read up on his dad and his current “needs”.

16. xkj1985x Aug 8, 2018
    (Last edited: Aug 8, 2018)
    xkj1985x

Go Dawgs! Prestigious

It sets an extremely dangerous precedent but I think as the story continues to trickle out on this kid, compliance will be forced to dig into this further given the circumstances.

It's been said a billion times and doesn't need to be said it but we all know recruiting is a dirty game (especially with the elite) but this is very different. This incident happens 8 months after an NLI was signed and a day before camp begins. The student-athlete was not attainable by the NLI rulebook but somehow---they found a way.

17. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

Oh, i definitely agree. there is some serious eyebrow raising issues here. and judging by the time (like, 8 months since he signed the NLI) i would imagine there was more than just a sudden phone call or whatever that got him to change his mind. christ, he probably talked to folks in / around Alabama more than he did folks from Washington!

18. xkj1985x

Go Dawgs! Prestigious

I think I already said it here but his father is a shady character. He'd been calling other UW recruits parents asking for money to help pay for his current divorce. Suddenly last week the Seattle Times put out a piece citing an "unidentified source" (it's his dad) that Brandon had stopped eating and working out....he'd lost 20 lbs and just needed to be released from his NLI to be closer to his family.

Chris Petersen then releases him to be closer to his family (He couldn't restrict him because he had yet to enroll at UW due to needing to take a summer school class to qualify, which he took and completed). Three days after being released from his LOI, he's magically healed and signs with Bama.

All of the stuff that was said by his dad to the Seattle times has already been proven to be false, as well. Pops got paid and probably is moving to Bama just like Tua Tagovailoa's parents did.

19. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

20. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Not saying it's not true but who is Jeff snook?

21. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

Beat writer/reporter for the Buckeyes

22. KalValor likes this.
  23. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

This is huge for OSU's 2025/2026 home/away with Texas.

CarpetElf likes this.
  24. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

no program in 2018 is going to get the death penalty for anything

25. xkj1985x

Go Dawgs! Prestigious

Jeff Snook seems like a beat writer who is also a diehard tOSU fan. That usually is not a good concoction when it comes to unbiased reporting.