Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2022-2023 NCAA Basketball Thread Basketball • Page 3

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Melody Bot, Apr 6, 2016.

1. John Lopiano

aka Broken Parachute Moderator

BRB. Gotta vomit.

2. Whatjuliansaid

News on once the clouds are gone. Prestigious

Must've gotten a promise.

3. John Lopiano

Yep. According to Fran Frischilla, scouts were saying Whitehead and Denzel Valentine had two of the most impressive workouts at the combine. Whitehead's stock went up from possibly undrafted to early second round. He's had private workouts with the Bulls, Pacers, Celtics and Knicks.

Whatjuliansaid likes this.
  4. John Lopiano

Only thing that still gets me excited is that Seton Hall will return all four of their other starters and Jevon Thomas becomes eligible to play after his transfer from Kansas State.

Still one scholarship to fill though. Gotta put the full court press on Taurean Thompson now before he commits to Arizona or Syracuse.

5. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

c'mon melo make the right choice

6. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

7. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I figured both of them would be back. I think Dorsey eventually gets to the league, but maybe after 1 or 2 more years.

8. Whatjuliansaid

Happy about Dorsey. They're pretty stocked at the guard position though, Pritchard is supposed to be good. Brooks had a really good year but I think hes a solid backup in the NBA at best, I could see him playing at a really high level overseas for sure.

9. cwhit

MELOOOOO

10. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

Jenkins and Hart back next year, I'll see you all in Phoenix!

11. cwhit

This has been a fun 12 hours

12. dtbjerke

Regular Supporter

This news made me very happy on Wednesday. As Bucky's 5th Quarter said in their roundtable "...the expectations will be through the roof. They won't be quite as high as the 2014-2015 season, but they have no excuse to not be a legitimate title contender in 2016-2017." Gonna be a fun season.

13. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Kind of bummed since it would have been fun to see him in Pac-12 play, but overall fuck Arizona.

14. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

ESPN updated their 2017 recruiting rankings today

Lonnie Walker (#14) and Chris Lykes (#46) are apparently both heavy Nova leans. Though Walker just recently picked up a Kentucky offer so who knows.

Lykes is only like 5'7'' but man is he an exciting player. reminds me of Nate Robinson at UW

15. cwhit

our class is going to be huuuuuuge this year. real excited

16. Whatjuliansaid

Recruiting and stuff

17. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

18. @preppyak hit Sasha Kaun with the Rock Chalk Jayhawk as he was coming by me in the parade and it def caused him to turn around to look at me

19. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

wow i totally didn't see this when it happened. i think he's making a mistake. Isiah still has a lot of growing up to do, especially with his game. He has 1st round talent, and i admit i'm being selfish when i say, he shouldn't throw it away for a possible 2nd round selection

20. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Pat Summit passed away :concerned:

21. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Literally devastated. Total, irreplaceable legend.

Chris Yates likes this.
  22. MyBestFiend

go birds Supporter

23. Former Clemson guard Demontez Stitt died last night. They're saying it was a heart attack. He was only 27.

24. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Damn, this type of thing scares me. Just a reminder to everyone, if you have chest pain, go to the doctor. Most of the type it's some degree of heart burn/GERD. But you would always rather be safe than sorry.

25. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Number 1 seeds will have their choice of venue starting at this year's tournament.