Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2018-2019 NBA Season Thread [Archived] Basketball • Page 1265

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by y2jayjk, Jun 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. MyBestFiend

go birds Supporter

Yeah I still think Durant gets max offers

Blainer93 likes this.
  2. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

Yeah probably because Bob Myers was the one who made the decision to play him

3. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

Durant will still definitely get a full length max but maybe you spend a little more thought making sure you don't want Kawhi instead? Or at least seeing if that's possible a little more diligently

4. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Oh, 100% teams still offer KD the max...This summer or next summer. But if you're KD do you want to waste one year of a new deal rehabbing? Or just pick up your $31M option and rehab with a staff you've been accustomed to for the past three years and not worry about wasting a year of a new contract?

GrantCloud and Wharf Rat like this.
  5. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Im excited to hear about some bottom tier team not wanting one of the top free agents

Mrplum5089 and Owlex like this.
  6. dallasc

Trusted

I’m enjoying the high and mighty routine from online warriors fandom today like somebody sitting courtside at Oracle didn’t assault a raptors player last week lol

Everyone is bad in this scenario

7. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

PeacefulOrca likes this.
  9. Probably the latter

10. PepsiOne

Formerly PepsiOne Supporter

11. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

something something it was only the billionaires in the stadium ahem

Drew Beringer likes this.
  12. chris

Trusted Supporter

KD should take that option and rehab on GSW money.

I still think the Knicks offer him the max, but whether or not he accepts, trying to trade for AD doesn't make as much sense now

13. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

I wonder if this effects who wants Kyrie or not, probably not but who knows

14. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

it should

15. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

It depends on the team, like if you're the Suns, Celtics, Knicks, Sixers, Bulls, Mavs, Lakers etc. then you want him regardless.

16. Jason Tate Jun 11, 2019
    (Last edited: Jun 11, 2019)
    As more and more videos come out the "every fanbase would do this"/"only the rich people in the arena" take looks even worse.

17. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

think a lot of what i made bold in your post depends on if he felt he was pressured to come back / given false info about where he was from a recovery standpoint.

18. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

If that's the case, you definitely pick up the player option just as a final 'Fuck You' to the Warriors.

marsupial jones likes this.
  19. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

That said, I would be stunned if KD doesn't have his own team of trainers/doctors who didn't sign off on him playing in addition to the team doctors/front office.

20. Argus

Of sugar and ice I am made

I'm curious about that, too. We know the Kawhi drama last year centered around the team doctors not agreeing with his personal doctors, and after last night, his taking it slow last season doesn't seem quite as selfish as some painted it. Though, I think it's also fair to say that at least some other teams would've behaved exactly as the Spurs did, were they in their shoes.

21. Scarecrow Boat

Regular

Have no idea where this series goes from here. Felt like GS strangely gained some momentum last night by holding on for that win, but the Raptors have looked like the better team for most of the series.

22. PepsiOne

Formerly PepsiOne Supporter

Warriors win game 6 but Draymond gets a tech and is suspended for game 7 is my hope

Jason Tate likes this.
  23. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

24. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

threads been pretty dark today lets lighten the mood

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.