Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2018-2019 NBA Season Thread [Archived] Basketball • Page 1176

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by y2jayjk, Jun 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. I hate the nba :crylaugh:

DaydreamNation likes this.
  2. Someone is gonna do something like this after the draft. I think it’s the Clippers.

3. Dan CiTi

♎️♈️♌️ Prestigious

lol, GS does not win a title without Iguodala. Steph/Klay/Dray are stupidly good but they still need Iggy and another big player to put work in. Plus Iguodala is easily my favorite Warriors player so I actually want to see him in the Finals.

4. oh I love Iguodala too but I know better than to hope that anything will stop GS.

he's gonna be good to go for game 1 anyway so moot point

Jason Tate likes this.
  5. Bucks gonna win game 6 just so that they can rip my heart out on Monday because they are all assholes

6. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

I don't wanna be tempted to buy game 7 tickets lol.

7. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

Jason Tate and slowheart like this.
  8. Westbrook had dinner with them too lol

Maybe some Space Jam stuff

9. the year is 2054, the death lineup's average age is 67, and the golden state warriors just won their 38th finals in 39 years

incognitojones and BirdPerson like this.
  10. oh yeah and also in 2054 lebron is part of the GS ownership group

night all

BirdPerson likes this.
  11. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

When the lakers wind up just maxing out Tobias >>>>

12. DeathOrGlory

Just a friendly reminder

I don't want you to think I mean to downplay his behaviour outside of the arena. When I talk about Drake being "stupid and silly" I'm talking about him being a dumbass in the arena. Canadian media barely gives him any attention and I think that's a big difference maker in how I feel about the topic. If I had to watch him clowning around all game, I'd probably have a lot stronger feelings I guess, but I think that Drake's specific behaviour spoiling games has more to do with the American sports media really, realllllly milking everything that he does for the camera.

I totally understand your perspective. I honestly thought that I was just making a playful little goof. We can't really do a thing about Drake because he's completely intertwined with the franchise as an employee of the team and being creepy isn't enough to sway the public opinion on one of the most popular entertainers in the world and a hugely important figure to the city of Toronto. Unless the dude is charged for anything criminal, no one will give a shit. I don't think that's right as things shouldn't have to be criminal to be considered wrong but it is what it is.

The rest of Canada doesn't even love him like that. He's very popular of course but he's a lot more popular in the States than he is here. Not every Raptors fan is from Toronto or likes Drake and I agree that he is a shitty dude. I still personally think that the discourse over Drake has overshadowed a very good basketball series when it shouldn't have. Drake is a fucking annoying cheeseball asshole, yes, but the media escalated things so much. The Raptors need to tell him to chill and everyone else has to just ignore him.

If he isn't reigned in in Game 6, I will be very critical of how the Raptors are handling him. We already have Nav the Superfan, who is far more beloved by Raptors fans than Drake.

Again, genuinely sorry for causing all this. I didn't mean to derail the thead. I don't like talking trash that much anyways. I'd rather just talk basketball.

13. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

Wait Nav is a super Raptors fan?

14. DeathOrGlory

Just a friendly reminder

Not the shitty rapper. This guy.

[​IMG]

He's been to every Raptors home game since their first and travels to a lot of their away games. He also does a lot of community work in Toronto, including helping to build basketball courts in underprivileged areas. He's also very important as a visible Sikh ambassador of the game and funds basketball programs for Sikh youth. He's a good guy. He even chats up a lot of players from visiting teams before tip off.

Owlex, incognitojones and Blainer93 like this.
  15. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

Oh! See this guy on every broadcast I see in Toronto. That’s super dope though. I actually think I saw him at Toyota Center this season when toronto was here.

16. DeathOrGlory

Just a friendly reminder

17. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

what part of the metro are you in?

18. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

basing your social media presence off a girl in her early 20s and ten years younger than you and then weirdly flirting with her bc she wore a t shirt isn’t “being a goober.” it’s being a creep lol. that’s worth pointing out, outside of the result on the court. but whatever, i’m ready for game 7, i’m off this.

ChiliTacos likes this.
  19. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

i make, like, three posts mocking kawhi, which looks moronic now - its “toxic bullshit”

drake makes his profile pic a modeling picture of a 23 year old and weirdly flirts with her in his stories with his millions of followers blowing up her spot for people that don’t even know what the milwaukee bucks are - “oh that’s just harmless trolling why are you worried about that”

good priorities.

20. MidDave

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

I miss the blazers.

PeacefulOrca and DrAlanGrant like this.
  21. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

Lol the bucks blew a 2-0 lead

22. Argus

Of sugar and ice I am made

I'd say attending every home game, even when they weren't good yet, qualifies one for the super fan title. He seems like a genuinely nice guy, too. And I've never seen him on the court while a game is in progress, so that's another point for him.

23. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

If there is one thing I know about the Raptors is that: They. Will. Choke.

However, Milwaukee is so inexperienced that it may not matter.

24. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

I’m all for the narrative of the Raptors choking, sure. But I think Kawhi is way different than that. Even if they lose this series I don’t think it could be considered choking.

25. Losing game 3 in double OT is where the bucks lost control of the series

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.