Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2018-2019 NBA Season Thread [Archived] Basketball • Page 1365

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by y2jayjk, Jun 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. fowruok

Trusted Supporter

Capela doesn't make enough for that to happen. If the Rockets want Butler, they'll have to trade away a minimum of $26.08 million. That's most likely Capela and Gordon.

2. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Could they extend him, then trade him?

3. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

magic reddit seems convinced brogdon is going there. that would be fun but i think we keep him unless they offer him the max.

4. MidDave

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

Phoenix is going to get real dumb with either Brogdon or Rozier. I just flipped a coin on which one lol

5. fowruok

Trusted Supporter

I want to say yes, but I can't see anyone (minus perhaps the hapless Suns) being excited about getting him back at that kind of salary.

6. Argus

Of sugar and ice I am made

I would love to see Brogdon in Orlando, but I don't think they'd offer him enough to convince Milwaukee not to match. It'll probably take upward of $20 million/year for that. Though, if they lose Vucevic and Ross, things could get interesting.

I think you're absolutely right. Brogdon would be a better choice, but they're going to have a lot more competition for him than for Rozier. At least I hope so.

7. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Why the Suns?

8. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

But
    But
    But

Fultz

phaynes12 likes this.
  9. Owlex

free snewt Prestigious

The money is going to dry up very quickly. There’s gonna be some brook lopez-esque steals for patient teams

10. Owlex

free snewt Prestigious

11. fowruok

Trusted Supporter

No reason at all. Just that they're terrible at putting together a basketball team.

12. Argus Jun 26, 2019
    (Last edited: Jun 26, 2019)
    Argus

Of sugar and ice I am made

I think if they added him, it would be to pair with Fultz. Plus, it might allow them to try and move Evan Fournier, as a lot of Magic fans are not huge fans of his. I still don't actually see Orlando offering Brogdon enough to land him, though.

13. fowruok

Trusted Supporter

I fully expect Butler to play for the 76ers this upcoming season. There's very little reason to facilitate a sign-and-trade with the Rockets.

GrantCloud likes this.
  14. dallasc

Trusted

Woj controlled detonation

the rural juror likes this.
  15. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

he’s a knick

16. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

HERE WE GO

17. Wasn’t that expected?

18. the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

Love a morning Woj bomb

19. dallasc

Trusted

I was of the opinion that he might opt in for the final year to rehab then go unrestricted next year,
    this obviously doesn't rule out him signing an extension but i think given what we know it feels like he's leaving

Aregala likes this.
  20. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

I think there was some talk that he might opt in and rehab the year then go into free agency in 2020

Not a big shock that he opted out but yeah

21. MyBestFiend

go birds Supporter

Tbh I think the only reason he'd have opted in was if he'd have trouble getting a full max with the injury

This just signals he'll get the full max if he wants it

22. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

I never expected him to do anything but opt out. It only makes sense for him to try to secure his 4/5 year max now. So many (big market) teams cleared cap space and were hyped to sign him. Being out of sight for a year and with uncertainty regarding what teams will have the cap space next year: get the bag now.

incognitojones and Jason Tate like this.
  23. MidDave

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

Especially since most guys don't return to form after an Achilles. Not to say he can't, but it may take time.

24. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

Aregala and Owlex like this.
  25. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

True. The best thing that could have happened for KD was the Knicks clearing so much cap space. Maybe some of the other franchises would be timid about the Achilles, but the Knicks are gonna offer him the max no matter what.

GrantCloud, Aregala and Jason Tate like this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.