Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2017 North American Festivals Festival • Page 7

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Jan 13, 2017.

1. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I feel so lucky to live in. Chicago where we have multiple pretty unique festivals (Pitchfork, Riot Fest), as well as one of the top tier fests (Lolla). I think all 3 are unique enough to warrant their place in the city. Plus others that I'm less interested in personally (North Coast - which is hit or miss for me, Spring Awakening, and Open Air). For me there's no bubble to burst because they all serve a specific purpose.

manoverboard365 likes this.
  2. manoverboard365

Trusted

Yeah you got it good in Chicago with Lolla, Pitchfork and Riot Fest. 3 of the best fests every year and they're such a different atmosphere from each other.

3. Fronnyfron

Woke Up Right Handed Prestigious

I think the saturation comes from a lot of smaller cities getting their own festivals, and not necessarily the large cities adding to their festival total. Like Boston, DC, Philadelphia - these cities don't have more than 1 major festival (What I call major at least). I can't speak for the entire country but that's what I've noticed in the NE United States.

4. holdyourarrows

[​IMG]

Super pumped about this. Definitely one of the better line ups that they've had.

5. Grato

Regular

New York has three that are all four months apart from each other. It was only one up until about 2 years ago

6. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

Does anyone know if self help is still doing the march San Bernardino date? They posted about it when they announced all the dates but I haven't seen anything about that date at all since, only the other 3.

7. Cmoney86

Trusted

Houston open air was cancelled

8. Rootradical

The atlantic city beer and music fest just announced The Descendants, The Mighty Mighty Bosstones, and Pepper. Best thread I could post this in because there is no 2018 thread yet.

9. manoverboard365

Trusted

That Hangout lineup is such garbage.

10. Fronnyfron

Woke Up Right Handed Prestigious

primavera and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.
  11. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

They had TBS and I am the Avalanche one year and I really wanted to go. This always looks like a really great time.

12. SPine

Trusted

Cleveland needs a festival like Bunbury. We have the population to do it.

13. Rootradical

I want to say the menzingers opened that show. I missed it last year with flogging molly and streetlight.