Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2017 North American Festivals Festival • Page 6

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Jan 13, 2017.

1. TMS2787

Trusted

Great. Glad you got the poster line-up up.

2. SPine

Trusted

3. bachna84

we are nothing more than mannequins Prestigious

The Rock on the Range daily schedule just got released: ROCK ON THE RANGE

I'm not able to go this year, but I'm still interested to see the schedule.

That Dillinger Escape Plan/Deafheaven conflict on Sunday would kill me haha.

I'm also a little surprised at some of the bands that were put on the first stage. I guess the one I'm most surprised by is Of Mice & Men. With Austin leaving I figured they'd be a second stage band for sure.

EDIT: Not sure how to scale the schedule is, but it looks like Volbeat only gets half an hour on Sunday night. I realize that Metallica is the headliner for the entire weekend and of course they're going to get longer, but it seems like a super short set for the second to last band of the day.

4. kidinthebushes

Trusted

I wish I would have gone with my friends again this year. Motionless In White/Norma Jean is the only conflict for me.

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  5. bachna84

With the tragic Chris Cornell news, the Friday ROTR lineup is going to change some. Soundgarden was scheduled to headline.

6. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

I wouldn't be surprised if they threw some last minute money at A7X to headline.

7. bachna84

Possibly, but with such short notice it's probably more likely that all of the main stage bands just get pushed back a time slot.

8. devenstonow

Noobie

also, I personally think it's kinda in bad taste to full-on replace a headliner with a completely different artist (ie. not one directly affiliated with CC).

I think they should replace it with a tribute performance. If the rest of Soundgarden is able to do it, I'd imagine they'd have no problem getting other bands at the fest to be involved with a tribute to him

9. bachna84

Some sort of tribute performance would be nice.

I can't imagine that the other Soundgarden members would play though.

10. bachna84

I saw on the Facebook ROTR that the stadium had to be evacuated due to severe weather and people were sent out to their cars to keep shelter there. It sounds like a mess, makes me glad that I didn't end up going today.

11. TMS2787

Trusted

It really seems like the first day of Rock on the Range didn't go very well with everything going on.

I saw some video and it seems like the tribute was a video motange with two songs, Live playing song and Corey Taylor playing Hungerstrike and Wish You Where Here? Not sure if that was everything or more happened but that's what I gathered. I think Corey Taylor is a weird choice but it's such a delicate situation and something had to be done up in less than two days.

12. CstSnow

Regular Supporter

[​IMG]

13. Taco-King

Taco Enthusiast

[​IMG]

14. SomeGuyNamedMike

The Real Dirty Dan.

Firefly mailed out the talent surveys for Firefly's 2018 line-up.

Hopefully next year is a little more diverse.

15. Fronnyfron

Woke Up Right Handed Prestigious

[​IMG]

16. Kellan

@kellanthomas Prestigious

My sister was trying to get me to go to Life is Beautiful, which I would enjoy, but it's basically a carbon copy of Lollapalooza but one less day and as much if not more expensive.

So I'm just going to fly to Denver for The xx at Red Rocks in October.

17. manoverboard365

Trusted

But LIB has Gorillaz! Plus it never rains in Vegas so you're guaranteed to get a full Muse & Lorde set haha.

Kellan and mattfreaksmeout like this.
  18. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Thank you! So many people have been like "wow this lineup is so cool let's go to Vegas". Not that they're being serious, but it's been annoying me because, like you said, 6/7 of their top 2 lines were at Lolla, and the undercard is on par with Lolla, if not actually a little worse.

19. manoverboard365

Trusted

I'm no loyalist to LIB, this is my first year going. But I've been to Lolla before and the two biggest flaws it has is it's opposing headliners and it's strict 10pm curfrew. This fest might have very similar lineup but it's headliners dont necessarily conflict and it's curfew is 2am.

Lolla lineups always look amazing to me until that schedule comes out and you realize you can only realistically see like 1/8th of the acts you were stoked for. The north and side are so far apart that it's impossible to jump back and forth.

20. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Ahh ok I didn't think about that aspect. Yea it's a given at Lolla that you will not be able to see at least half of the top 2 lines. If I was able to see all of those first 7, then yea that's amazing.

21. fowruok

Trusted Supporter

In case anyone was looking at this one, it's been canceled.

22. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Any idea why?

23. Kellan

@kellanthomas Prestigious

Yup I was honestly considering it because I'd love to see Gorillaz, and I am desperate to see a full Lorde set. But ~$450 with fees from Stubhub is crazy.

24. fowruok

Trusted Supporter

They said it was a scheduling conflict with Bleachers. However, I think it was more a combination of it not selling any tickets at all and Shadow of the City possibly selling poorly as well. That's probably why Andrew McMahon was added to the latter the next day.

25. manoverboard365

Trusted

So many festivals have gotten cancelled this year, and honestly I'm kinda happy the bubble is finally bursting. Back when I started going to festivals 10 years ago they were such a rare thing. There'd be only like 5 major festivals in the whole country and their lineups would always be totally different. Now there's 100 festivals and 75% of the lineups are identical.