Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2017 NHL Playoffs Thread [Archived] Hockey • Page 140

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by thechrisformat, Apr 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. LosManosFuertes

Love This Place Supporter

I can't say Anderson didn't earn a chance to play for the cup with that performance last night, but that's just how shit goes sometimes. Happy my team came out on the right side of that.

2. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

Fuck the Penguins(congratulations though)

bd007h, I Am Mick and LosManosFuertes like this.
  3. LosManosFuertes

Hahahahahahah. Thanks, friend. You've just personified classy in a simple and precise comment. Well done.

truelovewaits likes this.
  4. GraveDigger

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Pittsburgh's made every goalie look bad except Anderson and even he had a couple of bad games. Plus, Josi/Ellis are probably going to get Malkin's line in this round so that'll be a test.

5. LosManosFuertes

It's tough but I have no problem saying that I would take the pens in 7 games over any team in the NHL. Moreso when they're completely healthy, but still.

6. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Not that I would or could buy any but the Preds restricting who can buy tickets is kinda lame.

7. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

I'm not speaking about anyone in this thread but it was always crazy to see people outraged about the Preds policy.

like I've seen people in Canada complain about the policy that wasn't even a fan of neither team in the series so it made no sense.

8. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

9. imthegrimace

Like I get why they do it but the Pens are letting Preds fans buy tickets if they want to and all that does is increase the resell prices really. Whatever ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

10. CobraKidJon

pens fans can buy tickets if they live in the area of Nashville.

It's also the Preds first SCF so it's better to let the home fans experience it.

robb and bd007h like this.
  11. CobraKidJon

12. bd007h

chorus.fm's resident Meg Myers fan #GoSabres/Bills

So true haha

13. imthegrimace

Sorry but this is dumb.

14. RobbieBerns

@robbieberns Prestigious

No it's not? The secondary market for Nashville tickets is basically non existent, which is how it should be. Are you just trying to argue that Nashville fans should be the overwhelming majority of people at the Bridgestone Arena for these games?

15. CobraKidJon

do you want to know what's really dumb?

someone complaining about a policy that literally doesn't affect them at all.

if it did, ok you totally have a right to complain but it doesn't.

SPC95 likes this.
  16. imthegrimace

It is dumb because no one else does that. Teams let other teams fans buy tickets and it doesn't directly affect me but I have a friend that moved to Nashville a little over a year ago and still has PA license etc and couldn't buy tickets. She was pumped because it's her two teams. And guess what bud? Everyone's entitled to their opinion and mine is that's a lame thing to do.

Also just checked stubhub and there's hundreds and hundreds of tickets available for both Nashville home games. So there's clearly a secondary market.

17. imthegrimace

Honestly though if the Pens lose I have no problem with the Preds winning the cup.

18. White May 26, 2017
    (Last edited: May 26, 2017)
    White

Cum for the Cum God. Prestigious

Do you want to know what's really dumb?

A bunch of grown men in matching outfits trying to shovel a small black rubber disk into a cage with curvy wooden twigs while prancing around on knife-shoes.

Everything about all of this is dumb.

SPC95 and imthesheriff like this.
  19. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

You are supposed to update your information with the DMV within thirty days of moving to Tennessee, so it sounds like we have gotten to the real issue here.

SPC95 likes this.
  20. CobraKidJon

l o l

SPC95, johnnyferris, Joe4th and 2 others like this.
  21. cherrywaves

Trusted

Toews had like five more points than David Krejci in his down year. I don't dislike him as a player at all but the obsession with him is unreal

RobbieBerns and I Am Mick like this.
  22. CobraKidJon

johnnyferris likes this.
  23. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

I have no idea how people who follow hockey as a profession can think Toews is in any way better than Crosby.

24. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

It's all because he is captain in Chicago.

I Am Mick likes this.
  25. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

And infinitely more likable/not a trash person than Kane

truelovewaits and I Am Mick like this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.