Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2017 NHL Playoffs Thread [Archived] Hockey • Page 5

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by thechrisformat, Apr 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Kennedy

loomasleep.bandcamp.com Prestigious

Edmonton was the favorite in their first round series between all those writers :')

2. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

I mean last season all of nhl picked kings to beat the sharks and we saw how that turned out....

Richter915 and RobbieBerns like this.
  3. CobraKidJon

real talk: it feels like legit no one is giving the predators any chance at all when they are probably a more complete team.

Chris Yates and KennedyBN like this.
  4. what

Regular

More complete team than the hawks? I disagree

5. Kennedy

loomasleep.bandcamp.com Prestigious

Well yeah anything can happen, it just got me hyped

6. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Perds' top 4 D is one of the best in the league, if Lavi was smart he'd use them to Q's levels of Keith/Hjammer/Seabs/Oduya in the 2015 run. Achilles heel for the Perds will definitely their 3rd pairing and bottom 6 forwards, minus Craig Smith who always slays the Hawks.

7. MexicanGuitars

Re: Nate Thompson sucker punch

8. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Nailed it. Going to come down to the performance they get out of their top six and Rinne.

Rinne has been pretty outstanding over March and April though.

9. what

Regular

Seabs/Oduya have me concerned about this series more than anything. They've looked like shit at times the past month

10. MexicanGuitars

Yeah they are awful. I'd rather have Kempny in there than Oduya honestly. Seabs had his best Corsi rating in recent memory when he was paired with Kempny during the first half of the season.

11. CobraKidJon

I'm ashamed at no credit being given to Matt Irwin because he is a decent defenseman.

I think the only thing that worries me on the Preds is the 4th line tbh.

12. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Honestly, Matt Irwin has been fantastic in the role he was given. He's kind of been a steady rock for the team this year. And his shot from the blue line always finds a way through traffic. It's impressive.

4th line is shit. If Jarnkrok and Wilson can get healthy before Thursday though, that 4th line starts to look better.

13. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

Nick Ritchie bud

cubsml34 likes this.
  14. CobraKidJon

I was sad at when we let him go and confused when the Bruins thought he wasn't good enough.

I'm just glad he found a home in Nashville but yeah I believe a healthy Preds team is better than a healthy Hawks team.

15. CobraKidJon

I was making my bracket and it ended with a Sharks and Habs final and I'm starting to think I'm bad at this.

16. cherrywaves

Trusted

Made mine Sharks-Caps s/o CobraKid

17. cherrywaves

Trusted

And yeah I feel really bad that Irwin was the scapegoat for the first two Bruins games that year. Dude was banished to Providence never to be seen again.

TBH he would have been an upgrade over Top Pair Kevan and Dennis Seidenberg's corpse

18. MexicanGuitars

19. what

Regular

Keith/Campbell
    Hammer/Oduya
    Seabs/Kempny

Throw tVR in there somewhere?? I don't know, I'll let Q do his thing

20. MexicanGuitars

I think a realistic alteration in Q's pairings could be:

Keith/Seabs
    Oduya/Hjammer
    Campbell/TVR

TVR has played better (less worse) as of late, and I get that he's a right-handed shot, but Oduya has looked exactly like a 35 year old D-man with ankle injuries and I wish Kempny could get a shot. If I recall correctly, the Keith/Campbell pairing was getting absolutely lit up early in the season, hence moving Soupy back to his natural side.

21. cherrywaves

Trusted

Lol ahh hmmmmmmm

22. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

looks like an SB Nation logo

23. White

Cum for the Cum God. Prestigious

24. Richter915 and Chris Yates like this.
  25. cherrywaves

Trusted

Still boggles my mind how Tampa missed the playoffs altogether

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.