Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2017 NHL Playoffs Thread [Archived] Hockey • Page 191

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by thechrisformat, Apr 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

I was way more drunk than I thought last night. Damn. Go Pens.

Jim likes this.
  2. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

real talk before this thread gets closed I just want to mention something.

I was driving home from LA yesterday and it's super frustrating how I had no way to listen to the game.

I checked nearly every station but the only sports on them was baseball. It generally sucks how the nhl has no radio coverage unless it's in the teams city.

I Am Mick likes this.
  3. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

SiriusXM >>>

4. CobraKidJon

5. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Yeah it does suck. Luckily the Pens app has the radio broadcast so when I'm away from Pittsburgh I can listen.

6. CobraKidJon

I just love that now that the penguins won the cup

old media heads are starting to come out and attack Subban for the listerine thing

this sport is the worst

LosManosFuertes and imthesheriff like this.
  7. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Fuckin' bandwagoners. I was shit talking Subban for the listerine thing from the beginning.

But yeah, shits dumb. they're just desperate for something to write about now that the season is over

imthesheriff likes this.
  8. CobraKidJon

everyones reason for shit talking it was really dumb.

9. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

HE made it a story for literally no reason. It was dumb.

But everyone ate it up, for those people to come out and talk shit now that they lost is weak.

10. CobraKidJon

He didn't do shit. He just made a comment that couldn't be said on tv into a PG joke. The media started running wild with it on both sides.

and if we are talking about the listerine in his bag. It turns out a teammate gave him the listerine so it's not like he tried to be extra funny.

P.K. Subban, for now, has ruined the Listerine joke

11. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

If his teammate gave him the bag and he didn't bring it in himself, then I genuinely take back everything I said. I hadn't heard that, and everything I read made it seem like he brought it himself to keep the joke going. I had no problem with the joke during the initial on ice interview, only the follow up.

12. LosManosFuertes

Love This Place Supporter

Just saw an article on NHL.com about the pens having a legitimate chance to 3-peat. Jesus Christ, guys. It's been a fucking day and a half. Relax.

Whatjuliansaid likes this.
  13. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

I've seen 2-3 posts by the NHL promoting the fact that Murray won the cup with a shutout/2 straight shutouts. I don't know, but if I was in their place I wouldn't promote it that much when a goal was denied because the ref screwed up. Officially it's a shutout, but technically it's questionable.

That said, I want to congrats the Pens and their fans for the win.

14. LosManosFuertes

As happy as I was that the goal was disallowed because it was my team on the good end of that one, I really hated it because I knew there would always be that sliver of doubt, but oh well.

15. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

I'm glad it ended on a close game, but yeah, I would have preferred if it hadn't been tainted by that. That said, the Preds got 4 powerplays in the game (and 1 5 on 3), so it's their own fault if they weren't able to score more.

16. LosManosFuertes

Exactly. Still a hell of a performance by Murray too.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.