Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2017 NFL Draft Thread [Archived] Football • Page 129

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Whatjuliansaid, Dec 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Whatjuliansaid

News on once the clouds are gone. Prestigious

Yes

2. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

I don't think the draft made them worse

losing some players in free agency, yeah, they likely got worse in that aspect.

They'll definitely be bottom 3 again without a doubt

3. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

Jets have the worst roster in the league IMO

Bears 2nd

Whatjuliansaid and Joe4th like this.
  4. Whatjuliansaid

the jets hope theyre worse

Joe4th likes this.
  5. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

The Jets added Jamal Adams, Marcus Maye, and Mo Claiborne to a defense that already has Leonard Williams, Muhammed Wilkerson, and Sheldon Richardson.

6. Whatjuliansaid

Don't forget dr.phils son

7. Whatjuliansaid

8. The Bears got a QB they believe can be their franchise QB. He can sit on the bench for a season and continue to develop his game rather than being rushed into the starting role. So why does it matter if their roster is so bad? You really think that 3rd and 4th round pick from this draft is going to make a big difference in their roster?

Kyle is hk likes this.
  9. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Those are three picks you could be using to accommodate that franchise QB.

10. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Adam Shaheen is dope. I talked about him being one of the best small school prospects in the draft. But he is the best receiver in Chicago now. He is not ready to be the best receiver anywhere.

11. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Cleveland drafts a QB - LOL Cleveland
    Goff struggles - LOL Goff
    Chicago does the exact same thing - Great move

12. Whatjuliansaid

Who

13. People also bash Cleveland when they consistently trade down and draft guys who suck rather than keeping their top picks.

14. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

A big part of the Chicago trade is they just overpaid someone to be a stopgap and honestly might split their entire locker room because of it.

It could very well make things a lot better, but it could make things a lot worse too, we'll see.

FTank likes this.
  15. Whatjuliansaid

Glennon for life

16. There's also a big difference between what LAR paid to get Goff and what Bears paid to get Trubisky.

Also a difference between drafting Weeden/Manziel and drafting Trubisky.

17. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Literally all I'm saying is it isn't a worse move than Houston, who was a QB away from competing, or KC, who is already competing and wants to keep that going. Sure, those teams "gave up more" in the most basic sense, but in terms of actual value, Chicago gave up more because three mid-rounders to a bad team means a lot more than one 1st rounder to a complete one.

Owlex likes this.
  18. GreatBeardRecs

Vibes Are High Supporter

I didn't mind Rick giving up next year's 1st to move up 13 spots or whatever to finally take a QB

will get plenty of comp picks and have a plethora of cap space next off-season to fill holes with Watson ready to go

Just hope Watt is still playing at a Herculean level for the next 3 seasons

CarpetElf and Fucking Dustin like this.
  19. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

Bears are the new Browns

20. Fucking Dustin

I just hope Watt is playing even at 60% for the next 3 seasons. I'm fine with him not being a god as long as Clowney keeps up the production of last season and Watt is still somewhat of a presence.

21. Joe4th

Rams traded a fortune for a QB that doesn't look the part at all for a game-changing franchise QB. I still think that's the worst move out of all these.

Fucking Dustin likes this.
  22. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

23. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

That's entirely possible. It's also entirely possible he played for an inept, poorly coached team, with only one option on offense, no receivers, no special teams, and a defense that was tired by the second half. I'm not even a big Goff fan. But swear to god we'll be praising the Bears for taking Trubs today and calling it a bust this time next year unless he plays like Andrew Luck.

tkamB, Joe4th and Fucking Dustin like this.
  24. Fucking Dustin

Yeah as bad as Goff has been it feels like it's entirely because of what he was thrown into

CarpetElf likes this.
  25. Joe4th

That's fair. We'll see how it plays out for both teams. I don't think him or Trub or going to end up being great in the long run.

Fucking Dustin likes this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.