Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2017 NFL Draft Thread [Archived] Football • Page 6

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Whatjuliansaid, Dec 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Whatjuliansaid

News on once the clouds are gone. Prestigious

I remember when we said that about peat

CarpetElf likes this.
  2. Yeah, tackles are usually difficult to project it seems. I'd rather address that position in free agency. I'd also address the hole at DE in free agency. I don't want to wait 2-3 years for the guy to develop, which seems to be the case for most DEs. Our window is now despite the disappointing season.

3. Whatjuliansaid

I feel like gettleman will go bpa in round 1 every time

4. Night Channels

Trusted

5. xkj1985x

Go Dawgs! Prestigious

Surprised to see Vea here and not Elijah Qualls. Qualls sounds like the one that is much more likely to come out. Vea is only a RS-Sophmore so while he's eligible to leave, everything around here had suggested is he likely to return.

6. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Tackles are very hard to project. But sometimes they're easy. Like Brandon Scherff.

7. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

I have no idea what the Bills are going to prioritize, but another offensive tackle wouldn't hurt #freeSeantrel

8. Whatjuliansaid

OL

9. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Punter

Whatjuliansaid likes this.
  10. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Since they're gonna need a great one if they move forward with eJ ;)

11. Whatjuliansaid

They'll probably need another receiver and DL also.

12. Randall Mentzos

Listen to my EP: terrainofficial .bandcamp.com Prestigious

1. Jonathan Allen
    2. Mike McGlinchey
    3. Trade down for Jamaal Adams
    4. Trade down for Leonard Fournette
    5. Jabril Peppers

Wildcard: take Garrett if theres a crazy fluke and he is there.

13. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

McGlinchey, last I heard, is returning to school.

1. Jonathan Allen
    2. Trade down for Jamaal Adams
    3. Jabrill Peppers
    4. Trade down.

14. Whatjuliansaid

Jags

Mitch trubisky

15. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Patriots

Julez

16. Whatjuliansaid

Fucking Dustin likes this.
  17. Randall Mentzos

Not trying to actually hash this out again --

I bet if they actually got Fournette from trading down and not with a top 5 pick youd be thrilled and leaping off the couch in excitement right there with me. :)

18. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

I've said a dozen times, I'd love the move. It's something I would do in Madden though. It's a dumb move but it's a homer pick for me so I'll be ok. I'd rather go Adams this year, see if Yeldon can't turn it around, and then go Guice next year, probably in round two.

19. Whatjuliansaid

I feel like there's good value on rbs this year.

20. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

There is. But the Jags need to complete their defense in round one via either Allen or Peppers and focus on a lineman in round two, be it Johnson or Pocic (if he's there). If Rudolph is there in Round 3 that should be a priority as well. But let's not forget one thing - Dave Caldwell is horrible with runningbacks. TJ Yeldon isn't just the best pick he's made, he's bar none the best decision he has made regarding the running game. I don't trust him to fix things. I'd trust Kyle Shanahan though.

21. Randall Mentzos

Im glad you actually gave Yeldon some credit for at least deserving a full rookie contract because hes been better than anyone else weve used while our line has been shit. He blocks very well for a RB, he'll catch 8 checkdowns in a game and get pummelled every time, he can make some moves and find creases that arent visible from the camera angle.

2 of my top 5 choices include upgrading from Cyprien so I am totally fine with what you suggest.

Fournette is going to inject life and tempo into whatever offense drafts him for the next 10 years. We can make any brilliant draft pick and ill still weirdly envy Fournette if hes on a team that picked after us. >:(

this is the longest the Jags have gone without an elite RB. Its bias. Ill admit it.

22. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Ive been saying that from the start haha. That's always been my position.

Ayyyye, finally haha. That's fine if it's bias so long as you aren't pretending it isn't. I'd buy a Fournette jersey pretty much instantly if he was a Jaguar. I'm just hoping he isn't within the Colts reach.

Randall Mentzos likes this.
  23. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

24. Whatjuliansaid

Jeez

25. JRShoenberger

Trusted

I haven't thought much into the draft yet since we're still in the dance /humblebrag.

But Pittsburgh needs pass rush desperately and a WR2.

We also need DE depth, RB2 (since I think we'll tag Bell), and maybe upgrades for OL and a QB to start grooming this year or next year.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.