Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2017 NFL Draft Thread [Archived] Football • Page 2

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Whatjuliansaid, Dec 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. xkj1985x

Go Dawgs! Prestigious

Also as far as Washington Huskies go.....you can go ahead and just pencil Kevin King to the Seahawks. Seems like the perfect pick for them in the 2nd or 3rd.

2. Randall Mentzos

Listen to my EP: terrainofficial .bandcamp.com Prestigious

I kinda like King for the Jags as a Jalen Ramsey complement

Matt is actually higher on a Jags player than i am (gasp!) I dont think Amukamara is irreplacable and id rather have a young developing CB2 than pay him the money hes gonna want

3. Budda, Butt, Taco are guys I have my eye on for the second round.

4. Randall Mentzos

You know though guys...

Yannick Ngakoue
    Malik Jackson
    JOHNATHAN ALLEN
    Dante Fowler

*vague knocking noise heard in the corner room after the door was awkwardly shut for no reason*

*i hope he at least brought the paper towels with him goddammit*

5. Randall Mentzos Dec 20, 2016
    (Last edited: Dec 20, 2016)
    Randall Mentzos

Allen is like Jarran Reed and A'Shaun Robinson from last year combined into one super lineman

Reminds me of John Henderson actually, one of the Jags stalwarts that made our defense awesome under Del Rio. Thats the kind of defensive tackle that clears wide open lanes for Telvin Smith and Myles Jack to demolish plays before they develop as well, his impact would extend beyond his own stats and affect others.

I feel like that true elite run stopper is the piece that would take this D to the next level. The bull rush between him and Malik Jackson would be insane, QBs would have no pocket to step into ever

6. Whatjuliansaid

News on once the clouds are gone. Prestigious

I remember being pissed last year because Allen decided to go back because I wanted the steelers to draft him and he was going in the late teens in most mocks. Of course someone told me he's not that good and now he's a top 10 pick according to most lol

Randall Mentzos likes this.
  7. GreatBeardRecs

Vibes Are High Supporter

Draft a damn QB (to battle Savage)

8. CarpetElf Dec 21, 2016
    (Last edited: Dec 21, 2016)
    CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Allen might go first overall. And I like Allen a lot as well. I'd be pumped if the Jags took him.

Though we are also getting a new coach. He may go 3-4 and draft Allen as an end.

9. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

I'd rather keep Prince and draft a corner in the 4th or 5th. Also, I said many times Prince is my biased pick. Google his college haha.

Randall Mentzos likes this.
  10. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

if anyone but Myles Garrett goes #1, that team done goofed.

11. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Mitch Trubisky should go number one. As in, the Browns need to milk that and then sell the pick. But also, Allen can also be very worthy of the number one pick. There were more weeks than you'd think where Allen outshined Garrett. Plus, in my mind the Browns take Foster too so there's the bonus of taking two elite defenders from the same team.

12. xkj1985x Dec 21, 2016
    xkj1985x

Go Dawgs! Prestigious

Budda's draft grade is going to be interesting. Rumor out here is that if it's any lower than 2nd or 3rd, he'll be coming back for his senior year.

I think the only two underclassmen that are certainly coming out for UW is Sidney Jones and John Ross with Budda, Azeem Victor, Vita Vea, Elijah Qualls, and Lavon Coleman in that iffy tier.

Budda is such a fun defensive piece though cause he can play centerfield or nickel and is a fantastic blitz piece. Gets there so quick.

Lol the RB had seven yards of space and Budda still got there.

[​IMG]

13. Whatjuliansaid

I doubt buddas grade is lower than high 3rd.

14. xkj1985x

Go Dawgs! Prestigious

I do as well but his size has been a knock and why some think he may drop. His best comp that I've seen in multiple places is Tyann Mathieu and I think that is spot on.

He de-committed from Oregon and stayed home in Seattle when Chris Petersen took over and I think a lot of that had to center around his mom's health issues (which she still has) so I think he's going to jump regardless to get money and take care of his family a little bit.

Whatjuliansaid likes this.
  15. Randall Mentzos Dec 21, 2016
    Randall Mentzos

I know where he went lol. Meh. Id pay him 8.5 million a season and not a penny more. He can have good CB2 money but it must be clearly understood Ramsey is our number one guy gonna be getting the big extension in a couple years (hopefully we wont suck this bad and he will want to stay).

Ramsey has outplayed Amukamara the entire year, rookie year and all. Ramsey has been the one covering the opposing "go to guy" too, teams have been actually trying to move their WR1s in the slot against us on third downs lately so they dont have to deal with Ramsey. Even though he might want it at this point in his career after being a first rounder, we better not hand out a shutdown corner contract to Amuk when the guy across from him is the one earning it.

16. Randall Mentzos

Meh, thats a waste of Yannick and Fowler though, we are better off sticking 4-3 because thats the pass rushing talent we have. Fowler might be able to play standing up but idk theres no reason to make that transition. We dont have any specialized pass rushing OLBs or a good enough nose tackle.

Also want to add that Jonathan Allen has been more impressive than Myles Garrett much of this season. Allen wont go first overall but he very well could have more impact.

17. Whatjuliansaid

I'm guessing cooter would go to a 4-3 mostly, just based on what he's dealt with in the lions. Then again he was with some 3-4 teams before...

Also wtf he's only 32... younger than gase

Ummmm also...

18. McDermott is a 4-3 guy

19. Randall Mentzos

Im glad Julian is on the Cooter to JAX train.

Only coaching name Matt's been bringing up that I really like and dont have any reservations about. Its between him and Coughlin for me so far. I really cant get behind anyone else Ive heard without feeling nervous.

20. Whatjuliansaid

I feel like he will never be a hc for some reason.

21. Whatjuliansaid

In 2009, Cooter was charged with aggravated burglary after allegedly getting into bed with a woman after climbing into the window of her apartment and stripping down to his underwear. The woman called the police, who arrested Cooter, and he was released on a $10,000 bond the next day. [6]

22. He can stay here as long as he wants

23. Randall Mentzos

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

24. Whatjuliansaid

That's creepy af, also got a job with the colts after getting a DUI and being fired from Tennessee lol what a guy. It's been awhile since then and he's done a good job, I'd just be a little hesitant.

25. Randall Mentzos

Is McDermott available? I like that he also operates in a base Cover 3 defense and prefers having fast linebackers to using a lot of sub packages. Hed be a clean scheme fit for the defensive talent Caldwell drafted for Bradley, which is the promising side of the ball that Id like to keep mostly intact.

1. Cooter (that burglary shit is too insane for me to factor in right now when i just woke up)
    2. Coughlin
    3. McDermott but with a damn good OC

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.