Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2017 NBA Draft [Archived] Basketball • Page 8

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Whatjuliansaid, Apr 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. MyBestFiend

go birds Supporter

Him getting into the late lottery would be an accomplishment at this point

Although after the clear top tiers (Fultz, Ball, Jackson, Monk, Fox, Tatum, Isaac, Smith) he could be right in there with the next group (Collins, Markannen, Ntilikina, Anunoby) so long as his medicals come out OK

2. Whatjuliansaid

News on once the clouds are gone. Prestigious

Dennis smith really good at scoring, that being said... he would be awful in the triangle

3. EntryLevelTank

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

The deal lives on forever. We have the Nets pick next year too.

cshadows2887 likes this.
  4. Owlex

free snewt Prestigious

That trade was obviously dumb from the beginning and yet it keeps getting more dumb

5. EntryLevelTank

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

The best part is the Swap this year and all the protections were taken off the deal in the last minute because Danny Ainge is an italian mob boss in disguise.

cshadows2887 and Owlex like this.
  6. Owlex

free snewt Prestigious

Nice

cshadows2887 likes this.
  7. I hope Boston takes Ball

8. MyBestFiend

go birds Supporter

Sixers get: No. 1 pick
    Celtics get: Jimmy Butler, Robin Lopez
    Bulls get: Jae Crowder, Dario Saric, No. 3 pick, 2018 top 3 protected LAL pick

Can't check salaries because the trade machine hasn't been updated... but if the Celtics want to build around Thomas and the Bulls want to rebuild, this makes sense

That said, I'm not sure the Celtics should build around Thomas when they could have Fultz

ChainsawJedis likes this.
  9. Thomas' days in Boston are numbered

10. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

The fact that the Celtics will have a veteran maximum thanks to Amir's expiring contract expands the possibilities quite a bit. There are obviously a ton of trade options, or they could sit tight, draft Fultz and sign Heyward or (sigh) Griffin.

11. Whatjuliansaid May 17, 2017
    (Last edited: May 17, 2017)
    Whatjuliansaid

I don't think people realize, if you trade Isaiah Thomas you're not nearly as good with a rookie.

It's so pointless watching the draft every year, it's the same teams for like three or four years. They have to make a rule to stop that, it's not interesting. I want new teams to have a shot every year, that makes it interesting. Tanking this much is ridiculous, it's boring and it's unfair for other franchises that are literally a dumpsterfire. People complain there isn't enough parity in the league and then the ecf team has the no.1 pick, that sets the teams that are dying for it way back in terms of chances to win when the two "difference making" rookies are going to teams that don't really need them. It's a joke.

I think not being able to get top 3 back to back is really fair.

12. cshadows2887

There's also, of course, the possibility everyone pretends doesn't exist in the world of sports discussion on the internet:

A prospect may not actually pan out. Ask Anthony Bennett.

13. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

Anthony Bennett was not a #1 pick prospect though and that was a notoriously weak draft. That's a different situation than here where Fultz is the #1 in a strong draft class.

14. cshadows2887

It was a sarcastic example of the point that a prospect is potential, not a guarantee.

15. I hope Lonzo Ball is a colossal failure - I'll be rooting against him every time

truelovewaits likes this.
  16. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

I feel bad for Lonzo, having that overbearing and obnoxious of a father has to take its toll

17. Whatjuliansaid

Fuck lavar, No wonder lonzo keeps so quiet. Those poor kids in hs still, ugh

truelovewaits likes this.
  18. MyBestFiend

go birds Supporter

Kinda Sixers-centric and a super long thread that should be a blog post... but a really good read on Josh Jackson's downside as a defender

19. Whatjuliansaid

Have you read about what he did to that girl? Yikes

20. And downside as a human being

Whatjuliansaid likes this.
  21. Whatjuliansaid

Lots of stuff is swirling

22. Whatjuliansaid

Diallo withdrew, interesting.

23. Whatjuliansaid

Anyone into doing a chorus mock draft?

aoftbsten likes this.
  24. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I'm down

25. TSLROCKS

Trusted Supporter

I'd love to do one

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.