Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2017 NBA Draft [Archived] Basketball • Page 4

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Whatjuliansaid, Apr 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Whatjuliansaid

News on once the clouds are gone. Prestigious

aoftbsten likes this.
  2. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Real happy for Derrick White. Dud has been flying up the draft boards.

3. Whatjuliansaid

Calling it now, the clippers will draft frank Jackson and he'll sit on the bench all year.

4. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I get stupidly excited for the lottery. Tomorrow night should be fun.

GrantCloud and Whatjuliansaid like this.
  5. Whatjuliansaid

Would be fun for me but I remember last year and nopeee

6. MyBestFiend

go birds Supporter

As a Sixers fan the lottery has been one of the most exciting nights of the year for me since 2014 and as fun as it is, I'm tired of that being the case

7. Whatjuliansaid

The lottery was fun for me until every year for like 5 years it's the same teams over and over, I hate the Celtics and lakers and am bored of the sixers. If the Suns get no.1 that'll be fun, even if they are technically rivals.

8. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

I used to be the same way before and after LeBron's first tour. Now I'm a boujie Cavs fan that doesn't really get impacted. My only real interest lies with teams like Boston, Philly, Lakers, and Timberwolves. But being a Browns fan I still get draft hype believe me. I'm not completely above it by any means.

aoftbsten likes this.
  9. MyBestFiend

go birds Supporter

This is my top 10 right now (not team-specific)

1. Markelle Fultz - all-around offensive ability and defensive potential make him the clear first pick imo
    2. Lonzo Ball - his passing and size mean he's able to fit in with pretty much every team. I'm not too worried about his shooting mechanics since he shot well in college
    3. Josh Jackson - his shooting gives me pause and the property damage case is concerning, but his two way potential is quite high and his athleticism is very impressive
    4. De'Aaron Fox - very John Wall-esque, shooting is a concern but I'm more confident in him becoming a good shooter than Jackson. His size and turnovers are what keeps him below Jackson for me
    5. Jonathan Isaac - he should be an elite, versatile big man, but he's not a go-to scorer and he could be more physical
    6. Jayson Tatum - needs a good fit to succeed right away. He's a great scorer and has physical measurements to be a good defender, but it remains to be seen if he can be impactful without the ball in his hands
    7. Frank Ntilikina - obviously very raw and unproven, but he has all the physical tools to be a top-notch perimeter defender and playing with NBA talent should help him find his ideal role
    8. Malik Monk - if he turns out to be better without Fox around and becomes a great shooter, this will look silly, but his size and the fact that he wasn't really an elite shooter last year makes me skeptical
    9. Dennis Smith - great athleticism and finisher, but I worry he'll just be a gunner at the next level. His defensive effort was not great in college
    10. Zach Collins - not a great athlete and fouls a lot, but he's a smart player who has already shown the ability to be effective in short spurts which will bode well for his immediate contributions

10. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

Same. Especially since the wolves are permanently in it.

11. I'm kinda leaning towards Kennard as my guy for Charlotte.

12. Whatjuliansaid

They'll probably take Jarrett Allen

13. Whatjuliansaid

Please give Boston the 3rd pick somehow basketball gods, please

14. ChainsawJedis

Regular

Basketball gods plz let the Lakers pick fall out the top 3.

15. Michael Schmidt

I don't think we'll be lucky enough to have both Boston and the Lakers fall out, so of the two I would rather see the Lakers have the shitty outcome.

16. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

Knicks #1?

or nah

17. Michael Schmidt

I like the Knicks where they are for now. I will be fine with them turning things around when Phil leaves. That guy just sucks.

My ideal lottery would be Phoenix, Philly, Minnesota, and Orlando getting the top 5 picks. I definitely want Philly getting the fourth pick from the Lakers. That much I know haha. It'd be cool if Boston slips down just so that they have to reward Thomas with a nice contract. There's a part of me that thinks they trade him instead of paying him if they land Fultz.

18. If the Hornets miraculously win a top 3 pick I think I'd want to trade the pick. There are a lot of teams that will pay a lot for one of those PGs.

19. Whatjuliansaid

I want the Celtics to fall out more than the lakers, I guarantee they'll have 1 and 2 and screw Philly because the bball gods despise me. Poor suns

20. Whatjuliansaid

21. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I would love it if the Celtics ended up at four just because of how hard they've hoarded that pick.

Whatjuliansaid likes this.
  22. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Pistons, please end up in the top three. Plz

23. Whatjuliansaid

You really think your dufus looking gm will help boost your luck? Lol

Joe4th likes this.
  24. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Haha nope, I can dream though.

Whatjuliansaid likes this.
  25. Whatjuliansaid

Brett brown got no.1, svg needs to do the same

Joe4th likes this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.