Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2017 NBA Draft [Archived] Basketball • Page 3

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Whatjuliansaid, Apr 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I'm hoping Dorsey does well at the Combine. He really got exposed in terms of NBA potential during the UNC game.

2. Whatjuliansaid

News on once the clouds are gone. Prestigious

Drew Eubanks needs to withdraw and go back smh

3. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

If you declared, you may as well stick it out through the whole process before deciding to go back or not. Getting the official draft report and grade is pretty important even if the plan is to go back. May as well see how you stack up and get the advice on what to work on for the NBA game.

aoftbsten likes this.
  4. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Apparently the rules only allow a player to do this twice. Or at least that's what I've gathered from what draftexpress has been tweeting. Still, even if that is the case, I'd say it's worth it.

Michael Schmidt likes this.
  5. Whatjuliansaid

He's not getting a combine invite, he has to be called to a private workout with teams.

6. Michael Schmidt

I think that's right from what I've read. One of the better changes in the last CBA in the one and done era. I think two years makes sense too because if it's not working after two times then it's probably not meant to be at that point. There are still other avenues like the G-league and overseas options. Not to mention, if you get invited multiple times and go back to school, you are potentially taking a spot from a graduated player that really needs that one shot.

7. All the mocks have Collins to Charlotte. I really don't want him. It sounds great on paper but the guy is so inexperienced. Only started his senior season in high school and came of the bench in his only college season. I don't want another 4-year project PF.

8. Whatjuliansaid

He's literally just a bigger Cody zeller if you think about it. There are so many better rim protectors in this draft than him.

9. Whatjuliansaid

Fultz the only top 5 guy going to the combine for interviews and measurements.

Also like three new played enrolled to the draft, officially.

10. ChainsawJedis

Regular

Man I really don't want the Sixers to draft Lonzo. Too much distraction for a squad that's got such promise.

11. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

With lavine coming off an acl injury I hope the wolves consider monk if he's available

12. Michael Schmidt

He would be a good fit on your team for the most part. I'm curious how he is going to hold up defensively at the two just because he is a little undersized, but the idea of him taking some of the burden off Wiggins' attack or Towns getting doubled makes sense. Markanen could definitely step in and create an interesting dynamic with Towns down low and would lengthen that bench. Dieng would be great off the bench and Belly would not be forced to play a heavier role than need be. I also like the idea of Tatum and Wiggins on the wing. There would be so much length and bounce there.

13. Whatjuliansaid

ChainsawJedis likes this.
  14. Whatjuliansaid

John Collins is basically a more athletic okafor

15. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

Definitely think they should go the best available route this year, if Tatum is available at six (if we don't move up or down in the lottery) I would love that pick. But yeah monk or Tatum is ideal, isaacs is in talk for the pick too, but I'm skeptical they take him that high.

Michael Schmidt likes this.
  16. MyBestFiend

go birds Supporter

I completely agree with this and the only way to improve it is if Stauskas was the Sixers' lottery rep

Whatjuliansaid likes this.
  17. Whatjuliansaid

But embiid is the rep so...

18. Whatjuliansaid

I would be so happy if the Celtics didn't get in the top 2 again and neither did the lakers somehow

19. MyBestFiend

go birds Supporter

I know, and that was the obvious choice

But Stauskas being the rep as the pick swap conveys would be fucking hilarious (sorry Kings fans)

Whatjuliansaid likes this.
  20. Whatjuliansaid

We only have one kings fan and I feel like he's been less enthused with them lately.

21. Michael Schmidt

I want the worst possible outcome for the Lakers on lottery night. That franchise needs to experience more humility.

22. ChainsawJedis

Regular

Yes, let them suffer.

23. Whatjuliansaid

Draft combine starts at 3pm today

24. Whatjuliansaid

They did a lottery mock at the combine and the sixers for the 4th pick Hahaha

25. Whatjuliansaid

Hamidou Diallo has no jaw/chin, eeek

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.