Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2017 NBA Draft [Archived] Basketball

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Whatjuliansaid, Apr 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Whatjuliansaid

News on once the clouds are gone. Prestigious

Zach Collins has a dopey face

aoftbsten and truelovewaits like this.
  2. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Subbed. Are we doing a mock draft in here or is this just draft talk?

Whatjuliansaid likes this.
  3. Whatjuliansaid

We'll see how much interest we get, I'm always down... especially with three pointless picks lol

aoftbsten likes this.
  4. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

AYEEEEE

5. Collins will be a Hornet

6. Snewt

Does whatever a spider can. Prestigious

Kind of hoping the Hawks grab Sindarius with the Nets 2nd round pick. He looked damn good late in the year (and tourney).

7. Whatjuliansaid

Hmmmm

8. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

Anyone know about this forward for FSU? a lot of mocks have the wolves drafting him but I didn't watch much college basketball aside from the big ten.

9. Whatjuliansaid

Johnathan Isaac?

10. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah that dude

11. Whatjuliansaid

I mean... watch some tape of him haha he's an enigma to me. I've watched FSU 10 times or more and I still do wtf that dude is. He's just a freaky athlete to me, he looks like he's gotten even taller so it would be his second growth spurt... maybe he's Giannis or he's just like Josh mcroberts or Corey brewer. It's hard to pinpoint. He really just makes a lot of plays, they don't particularly spade the floor or run a concentrated offense so he's just doing it around lots of weird sets. The workouts and 1 on 1s will be a huge part of his draft stock IMO.

12. Snewt

What are the chances Tacko Fall gets drafted late? I know he isn't signing an agent, so he's definitely playing it safe at the moment. But damn it'd be hard to pass up a 7'6" dude, ha.

13. Whatjuliansaid

I don't know, I mean I guess some gm could talk themselves into it but that dude is just still so raw. I watched them in nit most recently, it felt like he wasn't even aware that when dudes drove near him that he could block it. Next year isn't as loaded as this year so I would say to wait a year if I was his agent, but yea I do think he would get drafted late somewhere just on his size.

Snewt likes this.
  14. Snewt

Yeah he is definitely about as raw as it gets. He looks a bit awkward at times out there.

15. Whatjuliansaid

I just saw he weighs 290 and it's just on sheer size, he's so thin and lanky. You'd think since he goes to one of the smaller programs that he would just be dominating everyone haha he's gotta get there mentally to catch up with the talent he's capable of

Snewt likes this.
  16. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

Sim buehler or however you spell his name and he was 7'6, size didn't work out for him ha

17. Whatjuliansaid

He was also like 400lbs or something lol dude was the complete opposite bodywise. Never watched his games though.

Also he played for the kings, that doesn't help

18. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

someone plz take Josh Hart round 1

19. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

I don't know where my rankings land exactly. I know I am still in the Fultz is number one camp. I really liked Tatum the more I watched him. The knocks are his less than ideal wingspan and the way he started the season. But he got better from a passing/play making standpoint as things progressed. I thought his athleticism and work ethic made up for the knock in wingspan length. The scoring is obviously there. I just really like him as a player and feel like he's multiple in that he can play both traditional and small lineups. I think he can switch defensively and grow into guarding fours. I like his profile and skill set a lot.

aoftbsten likes this.
  20. Whatjuliansaid

I am cool with OG at 15

21. Michael Schmidt

I am very interested in seeing where Collins is taken. I think it will be higher than his ranking.

22. Whatjuliansaid

The Knicks lost the coin toss lololol

aoftbsten and GrantCloud like this.
  23. I think he made a mistake by leaving. I mean, I know his stock his high now but he wasn't even a starter for Gonzaga. He's a great player but he lacks minutes.

24. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

Give us monk please

25. Michael Schmidt

I agree. I would have liked to see him return and put up awesome numbers in a starting role. I really think Gonzaga has done a good job developing players so it would have been a nice fit. However, I think the allure of what he can become and the fact that some NBA teams will believe they can do the same if not better development will cause a team to take him pretty high.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.