Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2017 Grammy Awards • Page 24

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Chaplain Tappman, Dec 6, 2016.

1. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

i just watched because i wanted to watch the weeknd do starboy. and then he did i feel it coming instead, a much better song. the show was a success

goation likes this.
  2. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

Haha ❤

IMG_8572.PNG

ryan.conde and iCarly Rae Jepsen like this.
  3. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

the best thing the grammys ever did was inspire soulja boy to write this song that purity ring flawlessly covered.

4. aniafc

Trusted

Truthfully ignorant on the process, just enjoy making bad jokes on the internet ‪¯\_(ツ)_/¯‬

Gonna look up how it works though

5. aniafc

Trusted

Jason Tate likes this.
  6. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

Good rule of thumb with the Grammys:

By and large what they nominate and award is good music. They also fail to nominate and award a ton of good music. This is likely due to the fact that there's a whole fucking lot of good music out there, and always has been.

7. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

The visual piece that Beyonce did and the music from Lemonade was a no brainer as far as AOTY goes, imo.

ryan.conde and skogsraet like this.
  8. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

9. Davjs

Trusted

Aw man, there was a ton of Metallica hate in here, which is weird since they are the most talented ones at the show. Sucks about the mic issues, but they sounded great and Gaga did a great job too. I wouldn't have been mad if she had just sung it all instead.

goation and manoverboard365 like this.
  10. cshadows2887

Tbh them sharing a mic because of technical problems is pretty fucking rock and roll anyway.

11. Davjs

Trusted

Yeah that was cool as shit. I'd be down for a studio version of that song like that.

goation and ChaseTx like this.
  12. Mikeydude91

Biggest upset for me was Ziggey Marley winning best Reggae album. Boog or rebelution should have taken the win.

13. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Yeah and for me at least tbh it has nothing to do with being bummed a fave didn't win. Bey isn't even a fave of mine. Idgaf who wins what generally. But when multiple white women have won multiple times recently and a black woman hasn't even won once since 1999 like come on. A black woman can create not one, but two, pop culture phenomenon albums with amazing visuals at the peak of her career and not win. Anyone else with the same ambition and success probably would. They don't mind using her for ratings tho!

14. cshadows2887

Wins I'm happy about:

- "Formation" getting best music video
    - Carol Burnett becoming a Grammy winner
    - Sturgill getting country album, McKenna getting country song and Maren getting country performance
    - all the major hip-hop awards (aka Chance and "Hotline Bling")
    - Solange, Maxwell and Beyonce's wins in the R&B categories
    - all of Bowie's wins
    - Willie Nelson's Gershwin album getting best Traditonal Album

DaydreamNation and ChaseTx like this.
  15. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

The "performance" "record" and "song" categories are confusing as hell to me

Ah I didn't even know Willie had an album out last year

16. cshadows2887

Song goes to songwriters. Record goes to the performer.

17. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

And performance?

18. cshadows2887

Also to performer. I assume that's the equivalent of "record" in the genre categories, they just want to save the terminology of "Record of the Year" for the big one.

ChaseTx likes this.
  19. y2jayjk

Trusted Prestigious

I'm watching now and who the fuck are like 70% of these artists?

There are established artists putting out great albums and I feel like we get these random one hit wonders every year

20. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Doesn't record of the year also go to the producer, mixer, recording engineer, etc.? In other words, anyone involved in the recording?

21. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Anyway, Sturgill, Maren Morris, Lori McKenna, Sarah Jarosz, and William Bell all won Grammys last night, so I can't complain.

22. cshadows2887

Yeah it does.

23. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter