Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2017 Grammy Awards • Page 23

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Chaplain Tappman, Dec 6, 2016.

1. Also: I still don't like 21 pilots.

scott, Raku, sophos34 and 1 other person like this.
  2. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Forgot to mention how great Bruno Mars was on both of his performances. I really should check out his stuff sometime, he's a phenomenal performer. I listened to his first album but didn't really like it, but I've liked almost every single from his other albums that I've heard. My dad absolutely loves him and Prince so that performance was basically made for him too

Contender likes this.
  3. Remember when Arcade Fire won and the other people that watch this show lost their minds?

4. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

Bonnie Bear

5. They were missing pants and the other 19 pilots tonight

Fuckkmerunning likes this.
  6. Why is the most common take tonight: let's shit on Taylor Swift?

7. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Idk why 21 Pilots went the attention seeking route by taking off their pants. Like u wanna draw even more attention to this award you didn't deserve?

8. That seems like a very odd take

9. It's everywhere. I see four or five every refresh of my twitter.

10. There have been hundreds of undeserving artists who have won Grammys so yeah it's definitely weird to see people so hyper focused on swift winning a few years ago

11. Hahaha. I mean I can name hundreds that never won. I don't get why it matters *this* much. Did Bruce ever win Record of the Year?

12. I should apply for a vote just to troll twitter after. Good lord.

Raku, Garrett L. and Chase Tremaine like this.
  13. jco3

Regular

The chamber itself and the presentation of it was so damn cool. Dean and Aj's moment on top of the pod, and those inner pod cams were amazing. Very glad Bray won, too. Great show tonight.

14. Why the Ringer kinda sucks

15. Holy shit I didn't know about that Best Rock Performance category/those nominees

16. Craig Manning Feb 13, 2017
    (Last edited: Feb 13, 2017)
    Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Let's wind back the clock to when "Born in the USA" lost Record of the Year to "We Are the World."

He did win Song of the Year once though.

Jason Tate, Raku and SteveLikesMusic like this.
  17. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

The thing about Arcade Fire winning the top award - Album of the Year - was that they didn't even win the album of the year in their own category (Best Alternative Album) earlier in the night - which should have automatically disqualified them for winning the top award. I know, I know it's based on a voting system but still, it's not a good look when the artist pulls the top award of the night but didn't even win in their own category earlier. That was my problem with it. Nothing reflective of the group, just how big of a joke the Grammys - and its voters - are.

18. if it makes it any better, I go into it fully aware and ready to hate-watch. it's an unhealthy addiction.

was thinking that was probably the last time the best nominee won, but Adele deserved it for 21.

19. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

Ah it was a general comment since there seemed to be some weird pile-on, haha. Thanks for clarifying though, no worries.

20. shea

RIP Supporter

Never thought I would get Elimination Chamber results spoiled for me in the Grammys thread on Chorus. Cool.

y2jayjk likes this.
  21. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

me last night to my girlfriend: im not watching the grammys, feel free to by yourself
    also me last night about fifty times throughout the course of the grammys, which i watched: this shit fucking sucks

Kiana, scott, skogsraet and 1 other person like this.
  22. Turkeylegz

Trusted

I came in here to say the only thing I liked was Twenty One Pilots winning. I didn't care for the whole no pants thing but it has been insane to see a fairly local band rise to this level. Nothing but ecstatic for them and can't wait to see where they go next.
    Also, happy for Bowie's ghost. That album was great!

gonz (Alex) likes this.
  23. devenstonow

Noobie

The problem with the Grammy's for me was that it was just too many performances. Like, I get that most awards were gonna be given out in the preshow or whatever, but there were like, <10 awards given out.

then again i was also watching elimination chamber at the same time

24. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

No. Lost both times. As did Prince.

Jason Tate likes this.
  25. manoverboard365

Trusted

People need to just take the Grammys for what it is: just a fun night celebrating music. It doesnt fucking matter if one album wins over the other. If Lemonade was your favorite album last year, and it loses the award, is it suddenly no longer your favorite album? Don't take this shit too seriously.

slimfenix182 and Turkeylegz like this.