Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2017 Grammy Awards • Page 22

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Chaplain Tappman, Dec 6, 2016.

1. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I would skip all the awards shows. The prep for women beforehand seems not worth it. But I also never win anything and am accustomed to that lifestyle lol so losing would just be another day that ends in y!

2. manoverboard365

Trusted

I bet if Views wasn't nominated for AOTY then Lemonade would have probably won. It split the hip hop/urban vote.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  3. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I need a stream of Chance and ATCQ performances asap

Also Bruno

Contender likes this.
  4. Ah so twitter tells me that the Grammies were bad again yes

ChaseTx likes this.
  5. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

it's always Aubrey's fault

Garrett L. likes this.
  6. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

Did a little googling and only 3 black artists have ever won AOTY. Stevie Wonder, Michael Jackson, and Lauryn Hill

Raku, bradsonemanband and ChaseTx like this.
  7. You should look up who votes and how the votes work ...

Raku likes this.
  8. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Outkast too

ChaseTx and AelNire like this.
  9. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

Why is everyone being edgy dicks about Pentatonix?

And no need to knock Adele as a musician or person because of this btw.

10. Kiana

People like to bring up all bey's grammys but look up the categories and most of them are not in major ones. It's ridic.

Also it's always awkward when someone is like "I can't accept this award" and then proceeds to accept the award lol

Garrett L. and ChaseTx like this.
  11. Strange how many people hate the Grammys so much that they *must* watch and complain about them every year.

cshadows2887, Raku, Zilla and 4 others like this.
  12. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I don't know, I also love A Capella music though it's always so magical when I listen

13. This was the worst tweet I think I saw tonight

Haha

Craig Manning, ChaseTx and Jason Tate like this.
  14. Yeah it's the same thing every year - I didn't even know it was tonight until a few hours ago - was too busy watching WWE haha

15. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

If referring to me since I made the initial remark, I was asking a legit question The most I knew about them is they won a singing competition on NBC. I see them show up to events but have never met a fan and seriously wanted to know. It's not a knock on their talent.

16. atticusfinch

Together We'll Fight the Long Defeat Supporter

Top 5 Moments:

1. Chance winning and performing
    2. Tribe and Busta speaking truth to power
    3. Bruno Mars
    4. Beyonce
    5. Daft Punk/Weeknd

17. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

I stood in the corner being shy as shit at the meet and greet but my sister isn't shy at all. The show was amazing and super fun.

11192885_105089109824669_1329654159_n.jpg

18. Kiana

Lmao this is me. Every year I'm like "nope not watching imma watch the red carpet and that's it. Oh well I'm just gonna watch this one performance. Oh well I guess I'm still watching so imma see who wins this one." Every year haha

skogsraet and Jason Tate like this.
  19. I saw that one and went back to beer and my movie. The mainstream music/writers/awards/arguments/whatever is not for me.

Raku and Craig Manning like this.
  20. Kiana

Real talk tho she knew she wasn't winning that grammy. It's why they aired the urban contemporary category and she gave her speech then. They did the same to Kendrick before. They'll award them there but not in the majors

Garrett L. likes this.
  21. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

We need a Beyonce and Adele duet. The internet would break, the earth would implode, or something like that lol

Garrett L. likes this.
  22. I mean don't get me wrong Chance is dope and an important artist but sheesh that take is so short sighted and narrow

23. Wrestling and NBA is my best use of twitter these days haha

24. Did built this pool win anything?!?!?

25. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter