Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2017 Fantasy Baseball [Archived] Baseball • Page 6

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Whatjuliansaid, Mar 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Whatjuliansaid

News on once the clouds are gone. Prestigious

I don't know if that's a joke or not

2. SLADE775

RiverCityScumbags Prestigious

3. Whatjuliansaid

No, I'm surprised you could get that much. No one in my league will give me anything more than lame Jason kipnis and a irrelevant prospect for him. It's maddening

4. SLADE775

Yeah but Correa has been pretty bad so far. I drafted heavy on pitching and it burned me so I'm trying to go offense heavy.

5. Whatjuliansaid

I would take that in a second in my league, instead I'm holding like 30 prospects being sad forever

6. SLADE775

Lester had me worried, but knowing my luck this year he throws a gem today.

7. Whatjuliansaid

Back to hating wrestling

8. SLADE775

Thinking about dropping Herrera for Hicks.

9. T.J.

music and baseball.

Herrera won't stay this bad, and Hicks won't stay this good. But your needs factor, of course. I'm just not sure I'd want to drop an top tier potential closer. Its only the first week of May.

10. SLADE775

I'm talking about the hitter

11. T.J.

music and baseball.

Oh. Haha

12. SLADE775

I made the move. There are just too many solid options out there to wait on guys to heat up. Even Aether on the Phillies has outplayed him.

13. T.J.

music and baseball.

I've never been one for riding the hot hands, cuz it usually doesn't pay well. (Aaron?) Hicks has never been a good hitter, pretty bad honestly. Herrera has had two great years to start his career. But maybe this is Hicks breakout year. Hope it works out for you.

14. SLADE775

It's always tough to call, but you have to think that if a guy is going to break out, this would be the time for Hicks. It's his 5th year. And he's 27. Plus batting second in that lineup is just awesome placement.

15. Whatjuliansaid

Aaron hicks is gonna be similar to Bradley jr., eventually. I think next year but he's shown a lottt of improvement this year. They have a lot of depth in ny right now, gonna be weird when Frazier comes up next year as well.

16. Whatjuliansaid

Altherr may be p.good though, it's early but he's a wide cat kind of guy, he was overdue to come up and got injured last year. If you're in dynasty you should definitely stash him. Hopefully the injury bug doesn't come back, I want to see how he does in a full season

17. SLADE775

Should I trade Schwarber for Billy Hamilton?

18. Whatjuliansaid

Woah, I mean that sounds ridiculous. It's wayyy too early for that imo

19. SLADE775

Yeah you're probably right. Almost 20 steals though. Crazy.

Whatjuliansaid likes this.
  20. Whatjuliansaid

You're selling extremely low though, you could probably get way more when he gets on a streak

21. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

I came to this thread to ask about people's opinions on Hicks, and I see I already missed the discussion haha. I'm putting in the claim today to pick him up, dropping my last bench guy, Devon Travis. I'm sure he'll heat up in the summer but between Gyorko, Odor, and Castro, I have enough people with 2B eligibility on my team. Might as well ride Hicks out until his bat dies, or trade him before he does.

22. SLADE775

I think that what puts Hicks over the top is where he's batting in that lineup.

23. SLADE775

I passed on Yonder Alonzo, was thinking about dropping Belt for him. Alonzo was picked up this morning.

Thoughts on him?

24. Whatjuliansaid

Eh

25. SLADE775

There so many guys on crazy streaks right now. Hard to know who is legit.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.