Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2017 Fantasy Baseball [Archived] Baseball • Page 4

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Whatjuliansaid, Mar 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. David87 Jun 14, 2016
    (Last edited: Jun 14, 2016)
    David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Keeper league. Dude i'm trading with is in last place, and unfortunately already sold his best pieces to a competitor. I tried to get Duffy from him instead but he wants to hold onto him and see if he's worth keeping at the end of the year.

I was leaning Harris, I wasn't sure I was buying into RA Dickey Pt. 2 up in Boston

Also-Baez can be kept for 2 more seasons, Archer for one more. Conforto for 2 more, Longo for 2 more (But he'll undoubtedly fall apart before then). I've got a strong stable of keepers or possible keepers for next year right now (Seager, XanderBo, Travis, Quintana, etc)

2. Whatjuliansaid

News on once the clouds are gone. Prestigious

I don't know if I would make that trade unless you think you're going to win your league this year. Archers had a few solid starts lately and still has the stuff to easily turn it around, I'm getting tons of guys trying to buy him now in my dynasty league. Conforto seems to have a wrist injury, a lot of people think he'll be a top 15 of in the next few years. I'd make it if you think you'll win the league but otherwise it's kind of 50/50. Baez stock plummeting, probably would've got way more for him and longoria early in the season.

3. Genuma

Newbie Prestigious

I would not do that in a dynasty/keeper, but I'd probably go for it in a redraft. Harris is not a lock to keep the close job (actually I don't think he even fully has it), but I'm also super bearish on Wright.

Whatjuliansaid likes this.
  4. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah I tried shopping both of them early on but no one would bite, sadly. I hate giving him up, so much upside, and he's got 3 position eligibility in my league. I like Conforto too but he's been riding my bench since the first couple weeks of May and I'd rather get something for him while I can. I was so high on Archer coming into the season but he's been so disappointing. Last couple of starts definitely gave me pause a little bit, but it just seems like he's 4 days away from his next 6 inning, 5 ER game.

My offense is beastly so I def think I have a chance to win it all, especially with improved output from my OF, my pitching just needs to improve on it's ratios. The other good teams in the league don't scare me in terms of "I'll never beat him", so I wanna give it a run. I'd be the league's first 3 time champ if I could pull it off.

Right now my keepers consist of Seager, XanderBo, Odor, Quintana, Devon Travis, Gallo, Rodon, Nola, for sure considering their costs and upside (unless one of them really sucks for the rest of the year, obviously). Also can potentially keep Smyly and Samardzija if they end up with decent seasons, got them both pretty cheap. Some other guys I can possibly keep that'll be a lot more expensive, but I think that's a solid keeper base for next year to build off of.

5. Whatjuliansaid

Oh, you're that guy with the stacked team haha I remember you from when I first joined >-p

6. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

lol yeah I had a great stash of keepers going into the year after fire selling right around this time last year because my team was just too inconsistent. I actually traded Trevor Story and Johhny Cueto for Chris Davis before the season started...not sure who my 1B would be if I went into the draft with those guys instead, but damn. Didn't expect the historic start for Story, and thought Cueto's struggles last year would carry over. NOPE.

7. Whatjuliansaid

Wow, not a great trade. Is it a points league? Funny enough no one in my league wanted story when I offered him lol I'm pretty good at ss with him and Diaz, tulo on dl. I traded Braun for profar, Myers and snell a week before the league started, pretty pleased.

8. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Nah, h2h 5x5 league. Really, really bad trade lol. But I had Seager/Bo/Story at SS going into the year, really didn't make sense to keep all 3. Just happened to sell the one with one of the most historic starts in fb history :worried: Though I must say, XanderBo is a mosnter.

Holy shit yeah that trade is looking great for you now. I had Myers on my pre-season target list but wasn't super strong on him. Regretting that now.

9. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Wooow okay, the offers are rolling in now that I made that trade.

I have both XanderBo and Corey Seager that can both be kept for super cheap next year--they go back into the draft pool after next year. Guy is inquiring me about at least one of them. The initial offer he sent is Kris Bryant (can't be kept), Jake Arrieta (can't be kept), and Carlos Carrasco (pretty sure can't be kept) for XanderBo.

I think I'd rather hang on to Bogaerts to Seager if I was forced to choose, and there are some other pieces I he has/I have that I may be able to slide around (i.e. gonna see if I can get him to give up Goldy for Chris Davis. Goldy is more valuable obviously but Davis is going to cost him half the price to keep next year).

But just on that initial trade alone, you guys think that's enough to give up Bogaerts? Or Seager if I can convince him to do Seager instead? I think it is, but I'm indecisive lol

10. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Updated offer: he wants Xander/Nola for Bryant/Arrieta/Carrasco/Wilson Ramos. I don't have a catcher currently heh.

11. Whatjuliansaid

Why would you do that deal unless you're tanking and know you're not winning this year

12. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

That's what he's doing hah. His team was but hard by the injury bug and he's the 2nd to last place team. I think the other guy selling spooked him into action.

Was able to talk him into Xander/Shark/Castro. Really bummed on giving in Bogaerts, but that's a damn good return.

13. Whatjuliansaid

I think you made it seem like you were getting bogaerts for all of that, that's what confused me

14. Genuma

Newbie Prestigious

I like it better not giving up Nola. He'd likely be a solid keeper, depending on price.

15. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

Someone dropped Ian Kinsler in my fantasy league. Great waiver wire pick up for me. Have Altuve and Kinsler now.

16. Whatjuliansaid

Someone is an idiot

17. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

was offered ortiz and carlos martinez for corey seager in a league with eight keepers. seager would definitely be a keeper but there's no huge drop off, plus i have lindor as well...i'm a championship contender

18. Whatjuliansaid

That's really hard, do you need pitching really bad?

19. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Oof yeah that's tough. If you need pitching bad and are a legit contender, go for it I think.

Question...what do you guys use in terms of apps for FBB alerts? I've missed out on so many goddamn closers this year because ESPN fantasy baseball alerts don't happen like, ever. I suppose I could turn on the baseball news alerts in general, but IDK if that helps or not.

Are there any apps that will get you the closer on the DL news like minutes after it happens?

20. williek311

There's a guy in my league where half his team (7/14) are Giants.

21. Whatjuliansaid

He must like them

22. williek311

Yeah, a couple years ago he took Buster Pousey first overall.

23. Whatjuliansaid

Trying to find a trade with stacked teams is the worst.

24. John Lopiano

aka Broken Parachute Moderator

I wanted to throw this out there and see what opinions people have. Keeper league, here is who I have kept:

Christian Yelich, LF/CF
    Daniel Murphy, 1B/2B
    Trevor Story, SS
    Kyle Schwarber, C/LF
    Jackie Bradley, Jr., CF

Vince Velasquez, SP
    Jerad Eickhoff, SP
    JA Happ, SP
    Steven Wright, SP

Now it's obvious I need a top-tier pitcher and I have first overall pick... but there are some stud hitters out there available to draft. I have first and seventh pick to start off. Here are the best position players and pitchers. Who do you guys think I should be aiming for with that top pick?

Josh Donaldson, 3B
    Joey Votto, 1B
    Edwin Encarnacion, 1B
    Robinson Cano, 2B
    Freddie Freeman, 1B
    Brian Dozier, 2B
    JD Martinez, RF

Jon Lester, SP
    David Price, SP
    Carlos Carrasco, SP
    Chris Archer, SP
    Kyle Hendricks, SP
    Masahiro Tanaka, SP
    Cole Hamels, SP

Donaldson seems obvious but I have to be worried about his injury, no?

25. Whatjuliansaid

New season new thread

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.