Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2017 Fantasy Baseball [Archived] Baseball • Page 2

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Whatjuliansaid, Mar 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. T.J.

music and baseball.

Trout

2. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

I like Trout better. It's crazy how young Harper is though. I have a feeling if he stays with Anaheim for majority of his career Trout will be forgotten in the big picture.

3. T.J.

music and baseball.

If Trout plays like he does now for the rest of his career, he will be the GOAT. If people end up forgetting about him, it'd be a travesty. Trout is currently the best in the game, and its been for the past 3 years.

4. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

I don't disagree with you but at times I forget he's even playing because how bad the Angels are as an organization.

5. T.J.

music and baseball.

I don't think I could ever forget about Trout, but I do agree. The Angels are so poorly ran, I feel bad for Trout. Its as though his greatness has been wasted so far. I don't think they'll make the playoffs this year, nor in the foreseeable future, and I find that saddening.

6. TheNateM

Newbie Prestigious

I feel bad for Trout. Hes a stud on a poorly poorly run team. If the Angels had even a semblance of a farm system to get excited about, I'd say he has a chance to win every year. But they dont, and they overspent on terrible free agents. Hes stuck in purgatory

7. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

I didn't realize that this was the fantasy thread. Honestly I think from that perspective Harper is better. I think having a better team around will inflate his stats more. I think trout is the better player currently but you honestly can't go wrong with either.

8. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

So after trading Story and Cueto for Davis and Gregory Polanco for Odor, my keepers ended up like this:

1B-Chris Davis (OF) $28
    2B-Rougned Odor $6
    3B-Kyle Seager $8
    SS-Xander Bogaerts $5
    IF-Corey Seager $6
    OF-Joc Pederson $7
    OF-George Springer $7
    OF-Kole Calhoun $3

P-Chris Archer $9
    P-Carlos Rodon $6
    P-Aaron Nola $6
    N/A-Joey Gallo $6

It leaves me with $167 to fill catcher, OF, UTIL, 6 pitching slots and 4 bench slots. A LOT of guys were kept this year, 113 out of a possible 120, so the draft pool is a little shallow. But guys like Donaldson, Encarnacion, Jose Abreu, Miggy, Buster, Cano, Cutch, Marte, Sale and Scherzer are all out there.

Any draft advice? I'm thinking I might go all out for Donaldson, and try and snag one of the stud first basemen so i can rotate Davis into the OF at times. Might try and make a run at Cutch or Marte too, but if I spend big on those 3 spots it'll leave me with little left over for pitching and depth.

9. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

I have to remember to set my team tonight, especially since I face Casey right off the bat. :verysad:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ likes this.
  10. Whatjuliansaid

News on once the clouds are gone. Prestigious

Can't wait to be in last place in my sad only league. Oh well. Its way too hard to find other dynasty leagues to join.

11. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

Agreed. I'm in one great 20 team, 22 keeper dynasty league, where I'm in year 2 of taking over a really really terrible team, but it's so hard to find those (especially with the ESPN forums down now).

Whatjuliansaid likes this.
  12. T.J.

music and baseball.

We need to take a list of who's interested here. I could probably area one or two from my other league.

13. T.J.

music and baseball.

Steal* one or two

14. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Well...draft was...interesting.

Here's the whole team...keeper's marked with a K

C-Devin Mesoraco $2
    1B-Chris Davis $28 (K)
    2B-Rougned Odor $6 (K)
    3B-Kyle Seager $8 (K)
    SS-Xander Beogarts $5 (K)
    IF-Corey Seager $6 (K)
    OF-Andrew McCutchen $46
    OF-George Springer $7 (K)
    OF-Kole Calhoun $3 (K)
    OF-Joc Pederson $7 (K)
    UTIL-Evan Longoria $6

P-Chris Archer $9 (K)
    P-Carlos Rodon $6 (K)
    P-Aaron Nola $6 (K)
    P-Stephen Strasburg $37
    P-Drew Smiley $13
    P-Jeff Samardjzia $7
    P-Jose Quintana $6
    P-Michael Pineda $4
    P-Jeremey Jefferies $10

Bench-Billy Burns $5
    Bench-Brett Lawrie $6
    Bench-Michael Conforto $2
    Bench-Javier Baez $1 (gonna stash him on the DL and pick someone up)
    N/A-Joey Gallo $2 (K)

Overall pretty happy with the team, but left too much money on the table. Didn't end up with guys I thought I would. I'm not big on Longoria or Samardjzia but at those prices it was whatever. Didn't plan on spending that much on Strasburg either, but the elite pitchers were all gone and they all went for big money as well.

Gonna be scouring the waiver wire for saves as I always do.

Thoughts?

15. T.J.

music and baseball.

I like it. Spending on McCutchen was a good decision. Your pitching staff has nice depth too. I like Quintana, and Sam at that price isn't horrible.

16. Whatjuliansaid

You guys really love Nola I've noticed haha like at least 5 people talked about keeping him in the last month or two.

17. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah this draft was crazy, 113 out of a possible 120 keeper spots were used, and people still had a ton of money. Trout was kept for $80 (!!) Josh Donaldson went for $76, etc. So I was happy to grab Cutch for that price. I was going to try and spend big on one more bat but it just didn't happen.

Quintana has been a darling of me for a few years now, he's so underrated by the rest of my league and I dangle him out as trade bait every year. I am hoping for a bounce back from the Shark in a big park in the NL, but at that price it doesn't matter too much, I could probably find a replacement on the waiver wire if he sucks.

I wasn't planning on keeping him until I made a few trades. Then it came down to him a couple of other guys that I knew I could probably get back for cheap in the draft if I wanted (like Javier Baez). It's a league of Phillies fans so I knew $6 was probably a good price to get Nola at.

I also have to add that I'm quite proud of my team name--Odorous Joc Burns. Probably my favorite team name of mine since I had Cano and Shin Soo and called my team TippyCanoandShinSooChoo #historyreference

18. itsmesean0630

There's no "I" in team but there's an "i" in pizza Prestigious

I'm doing a fantasy baseball league this year. I've only done football, so I'm not sure exactly how to draft. Are there any tips you guys could give me? I know players names and talent well, but order to draft in and such, I'm lost.

Thanks for anything!

19. Whatjuliansaid

What kind of league?

20. itsmesean0630

21. Whatjuliansaid

Well that's super cut and dry, especially for such a small league. I've never done less than 10 but id say to take some upside risks toward the end since only the best players will win you games.

22. itsmesean0630

What about in terms of drafting? Should I go pitchers first, position players first?

23. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

Just traded Jose Fernandez, Alex Gordon and Alexei Ramirez for Freddie Freeman, Alex Cobb and Starlin Castro and a minor upgrade at the top of next year's draft. (20 team league, 22 keepers, deep rosters).

I'm hoping this works out for me, since I'm probably one year away from seriously contending in this league. Still waiting on Gallo, Arcia, Nick Williams and Greg Bird to hit the MLs.

24. T.J.

music and baseball.

I hate 8 man leagues. Feels like a crap shoot and anyone can win.

25. T.J.

music and baseball.

I always draft hitting first. ERA, Wins, and Saves are too volatile for me.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.