Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2017 Chorus NBA Mock Draft [Archived] Basketball • Page 5

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Whatjuliansaid, Jun 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Whatjuliansaid

News on once the clouds are gone. Prestigious

Miami selects John Collins, pf, wake forest

This dude would be a perfect fit next to whiteside, can score with the best of them but doesn't play great defense.

[​IMG]

2. Whatjuliansaid

With the 15th pick the Portland trailblazers select Justin Jackson, sg/sf, North Carolina

He's not an ideal 3 and he's too big to be a 2 but he can stretch the floor and shoot and can play some gritty defense. He's an older player so he can come in right away and come off the bench, he would be a great fit next to Turner when they trade crabbe also. They've been looking for a wing that can shoot and help create more space for the other players since batum got traded.

[​IMG]

3. Whatjuliansaid

4. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I'll make my pick in a little bit (got some meetings to attend to). In the meantime, the Bulls are interested in trade offers for this pick.

Whatjuliansaid likes this.
  5. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

With the 16th, the Chicago Bulls selection Terrance Ferguson, SG, Adelaide 36ers

[​IMG]

While best available would suggests the Bulls should go after a big man, the Bulls desperately need shooting. Ferguson projects as a great 3 and D guy to help form a stifling perimeter defense together with Butler while also giving Butler more space to attack the rim. He's not a guy who needs the ball in his hands to be at his best but is great at keeping the ball moving in the flow of the offense, an aspect that Hoiberg's system needs to operate properly but hasn't really had to this point.

@ChiliTacos Bucks up.

6. Whatjuliansaid

Would've probably been the bucks pick haha

aoftbsten likes this.
  7. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

@Snewt you wanna take my spot? I'm about to board a plane and won't have time today to see who's been picked/who's available.

Snewt likes this.
  8. Whatjuliansaid

I would make drew pick for you but he would probably lose his patience mid explanation

Go @Snewt

ChiliTacos likes this.
  9. Snewt

Does whatever a spider can. Prestigious

Ok, I assume the last two player taken would have been a better fit, but let's go ahead and get the Bucks an athletic big man.

Bucks select Jarrett Allen, C from Texas
    [​IMG]

Pacers are up next, but I don't know if they were claimed.

ChiliTacos and Whatjuliansaid like this.
  10. Whatjuliansaid

Snewt likes this.
  11. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

With the 18th pick in the draft, the Indiana Pacers select Semi Ojeleye, F, SMU

[​IMG]

Ojeyele can do a little bit of everything on the floor, defend, shoot, and create for others. He's a little undersized to play PF, but these days the word for that in the NBA is "versatile". Plus, he can finally be the small ball four that the Pacers have been looking for since PG seemingly refuses to play the position. A front court with Miles Turner, PG, and Semi Ojeleye could end up being one of the best frontcourts in the NBA in a few years if he develops to his potential. Plus, possible insurance at the forward position if PG leaves.

12. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Snewt likes this.
  13. Snewt

DOPE.

Hawks select OG Anunoby, SF, Indiana

[​IMG]

I should probably take a center here, but it's too hard to pass up on the potential this guy has (especially on defense). I'm hoping Bazemore can bounce back, but if not, I think a duo of Taurean Prince and Anunoby on the wings could wreak some serious havoc on D once he recovers from injury and is able to develop.

14. Snewt

15. Whatjuliansaid

Too many players I still like on the board, anyone want to trade up maybe?

Snewt likes this.
  16. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I would but all the Bulls really have is one 2nd round pick haha

17. Whatjuliansaid Jun 15, 2017
    (Last edited: Jun 15, 2017)
    Whatjuliansaid

With the 20th pick the Portland trailblazers select Harry Giles, 3/4/5, Duke

I have no idea what the medicals on him are, personally but the upside is a good enough risk right here. I've watched glimpses of his crazy potential and the fact that he could play most positions and has an amazing shot is too hard to pass up here. Maybe he goes sooner or way later in draft day, idk but for someone who doesn't have medical reports.. done deal. Another player who can help stretch the floor and who actually has the height and strength to play the 4.

[​IMG]

18. Whatjuliansaid

If anyone with a late 1st or even multiple high 2nds wants to trade up for 26 let me know.

@MyBestFiend okc on the clock

19. Whatjuliansaid

Picks are updated.

Snewt likes this.
  20. MidDave

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

Boston is interested.

21. Whatjuliansaid

Hmm, those picks are super low. Gonna have to pass on that.

22. MidDave

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

Wouldn't be a Celtics GM if I didn't try to fleece people.

23. Whatjuliansaid

And draft the 10th guy on the bench with most picks

24. MyBestFiend

go birds Supporter

With the 21st pick, the Oklahoma City Thunder select Wesley Iwundu, SF, Kansas State.

The Thunder's biggest need (besides Westbrook letting his teammates cook) is a better offensive wing than Roberson. Iwundu is already a better scorer than Roberson and can develop into just as good a defender.

25. Whatjuliansaid

That's the most okc pick like ever, good job

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.