Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2017 Chorus.fm NFL Mock Draft • Page 5

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Night Channels, Feb 12, 2017.

1. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

2. Whatjuliansaid

News on once the clouds are gone. Prestigious

Food fight!

3. Whatjuliansaid

Denver offering a 20 and their 2nd if anyone wants to trade down. Lmk

4. Swoos Feb 16, 2017
    (Last edited: Feb 16, 2017)
    With the 5th pick the Tennessee Titans select Reuben Foster, LB, Alabama

[​IMG]

I don't care if no one else is doing write-ups, I'm still doing it. Foster comes with a bit of a medical red flag due to his offseason surgery but he will reportedly be ready for the upcoming season. Given his NFL-ready build and athleticism I'm not concerned with him missing some of the offseason workouts. Everyone saw how dominant he was in the NC game last month. He was the most noticeable player on the field and it wasn't really close imo. I've seen some compare him to Patrick Willis which I don't disagree with because of how physical of a player he is, but when I watch him I am reminded of Luke Kuechly. Like Kuechly, Foster is literally everywhere. His sideline to sideline awareness and speed are elite. And he's so quick off the snap and seems to diagnose the play almost instantly.

Tennessee needs a playmaker on defense. They didn't force many turnovers last year. They already have a solid run defense and Foster will only improve that, but he is also impressive in coverage. Hooker is also a very good option here but I think Foster is an elite talent and will be a special player.

5. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Foster is a great pick

Whatjuliansaid likes this.
  6. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Edited.

7. xkj1985x

Go Dawgs! Prestigious

8. Night Channels

Trusted

On mobile, so I'll go more in depth later...

The New York Jets select:

Malik Hooker - Safety - Ohio State

9. Night Channels

Trusted

10. Night Channels

Trusted

I'll try to update the players selected as much as I can

11. Night Channels

Trusted

Hooker was my BPA. If Adams was available, I probably would've flipped a coin.

The Jets secondary is in shambles and we're probably going to release Marcus Gilchrist and Darrelle Revis. This team needs a playmaker in the secondary in the worst way.

The minor injuries don't scare me. He has so much potential as a ball hawk.

CarpetElf and Whatjuliansaid like this.
  12. Whatjuliansaid

I think hookers ceiling is higher, I don't blame you.

13. Whatjuliansaid

Denvers got this pick for 20 and 50 to LAC. Give me a second

14. Whatjuliansaid

Denver Broncos select

Deshaun Watson, QB, Clemson

[​IMG]

I've watched semien, I've watched lunch, I've watched Tim teballs. I feel like Watson can do enough to keep them in games without throwing a ton of turnovers, all that matters really.

@Swoos get your guy

15. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

I'm not doing a write up for Garrett. I am not going to be saying anything that you all haven't read/heard several times before. That pick just makes sense from a BPA and roster standpoint.

That said, putting on my Bengal cap, I was hoping for Foster to fall to me and get younger on defense a bit. Kudos for not being scared off by the injury.

16. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

John Elway probably just fucking died because of that trade, Julez.

preppyak and Whatjuliansaid like this.
  17. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

Dreams do come true

18. With the 8th pick Carolina Panthers select Leonard Fournette, RB, LSU

[​IMG]

Fournette is clearly an elite prospect. There is very little, if anything, that he can't do. He has the size, athleticism, speed, power blah blah. We all know this. My favorite thing when watching Fournette is his acceleration at the second level. I've never seen a guy his size with that kind of explosiveness. Carolina needs an offensive overhaul and Fournette is great fit (he's a great fit anywhere). His willingness and ability in pass protection will be a big turn-on for Gettleman. A rushing attack of Newton and Fournette will be intimidating, especially in short-yardage and goal line situations. This seems like an obvious pick.

whitenblue88 and CarpetElf like this.
  19. Whatjuliansaid

20. We are a bit away from the pick, but #18 is available. Titans need to pick up a 2nd round pick.

21. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

With the 9th pick in the draft, the Bungals, I mean Bengals select:

Solomon Thomas - DE - Stanford

[​IMG]

@ClarettsGreyGoose, you are now on the clock.

CarpetElf likes this.
  22. Cards should trade up here

23. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Naaaaah